more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bundesliga - Who are you supporting?

Started by DownByTheRiver, May 08, 2020, 10:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

Quote from: Whitesideup on May 10, 2020, 12:28:36 AM
Is the Bundesliga all the divisions? And are all the various leagues / divisions starting up?

P.S.  Neither Hamburg nor St Pauli are in the top division.
[/

Divisions  1 & 2 due to start 16 May, division 3 is due from 26.

Huxley

All top 3 division are called Bunedesliga. Erste (1.) zweite, dritte... 1. 2. And 3. Note the the full stop after the number. But generally when you say Bundesliga you mean the 1st and the others are shortened to Liga.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Whitesideup on May 10, 2020, 12:28:36 AM
Is the Bundesliga all the divisions? And are all the various leagues / divisions starting up?

P.S.  Neither Hamburg nor St Pauli are in the top division.

Did'nt know that but that's the level of attention I have given football in general over the last couple of years. I wonder if anybody bothers with the "gimme a B" chant for Borussia munchen gladbach.

Wolf

I support Dynamo Dresden currently bottom of Bundesliga 2, but have had a decent PPG since the Winter break. However, Dynamo's next match has been postponed...BT Sport show a B2 match each week and 3 or 4 B1 matches.

In Bundesliga 1 I like Eintracht Frankfurt. I would very much like Bayern Munich to not win the title again.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Fulham Tup North

https://www.squawka.com/en
I did this on Squawks, it asks you about 8 questions and then tells you who you should follow.
I got Bayer Leverkusen!
So here goes 👍⚽
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

HV71

Brilliant! However somewhat disappointed as I never saw myself as a glory hunter -I got Bayern Munich

Syd Cupp

KingofCheese

Quote from: river phoenix on May 08, 2020, 10:02:42 PM
Borussia Monchengladbach.

I took my family to Monchengladbach city when we drove into Germany because I remember the team so well from my youth when they were good. I tried to convince them to let me show them the best part of the city, which I think is the old town, but after eating a horrible McDonald's in some industrial outskirts they all demanded we leave "Monchen Sadbags". Never got to see the Stadium or the old town and they still use this as an excuse not to let me choose destinations.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on May 10, 2020, 11:11:47 AM
I did this on Squawks, it asks you about 8 questions and then tells you who you should follow.
I got Bayer Leverkusen!
So here goes 👍⚽

Bayer Leverkusen
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Whitesideup

Quote from: KingofCheese on May 10, 2020, 01:46:53 PM
I got Bayer Leverkusen!
So here goes 👍⚽

Bayer Leverkusen

Squawka gave me FC Koln.

But I like Freiburg as a place ......and imagine they are a small (ish) club, a bit like Fulham?

Fulham Gentleman

gang

Quote from: HV71 on May 10, 2020, 11:46:38 AM
Brilliant! However somewhat disappointed as I never saw myself as a glory hunter -I got Bayern Munich

I was horrified to find I am a glory hunter and got Bayern München too.

PaulUMD

Quote from: Fulham Gentleman on May 10, 2020, 06:01:47 PM
I hope that Bremen can stay up.

They were just awful after the winter break so let's hope Klofeldt can figure out what to do to keep them up.  They really miss Max Kruse as the fulcrum of their attack.

Bayer Levarkusen and Gladbach are both really fun teams that play well and don't have a lot of star power but are better than the sum of their parts.  Leipzig is really fun to watch when they're on.  BVB is as likely to win 4-0 as they are to blow that 4 goal lead at the half.  Can by tough to root for sometimes but never a dull moment for neutrals with them.  Bayern are Bayern.  Schalke are a living embodiment of "a rainy night in Stoke" but David Wagner has found ways to make them entertaining at times. 

It's a great league for neutrals to watch, especially as while Bayern are the big dog, the parity in the league make most games competitive and compelling.  Very excited to see some football again!

Jims Dentist

It's DORTMUND for me.
The Yellow Wall.
Although one of the top German clubs, they still have to be a selling club.
But they do it so well.

ffcne

Quote from: ffcne on May 09, 2020, 09:30:13 AM
Augsburg .
Smaller club 50 miles from Munich nice ground ,great fans.
Although one fan was betting his life on Felix keeping us up !!

Squawka gave me Dortmund

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Whitesideup on May 10, 2020, 02:23:00 PM
Quote from: KingofCheese on May 10, 2020, 01:46:53 PM
I got Bayer Leverkusen!
So here goes 👍⚽

Bayer Leverkusen

Squawka gave me FC Koln.

But I like Freiburg as a place ......and imagine they are a small (ish) club, a bit like Fulham?
I got Borussia Dortmund.Have a soft spot for Breman after our friendly out there.

Wolf

I got RB Leipzig on Squawka which is fine with me
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

gang

Wolf are you my long lost other half? 😂

sussexwhite

Fulhamfan666

Bayern. Team under Pep made me fall in love with football; Robber, Ribery, Muller. What a team. Love the kit too.