watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harry Kane and O's shirt sponsorship

Started by Twig, May 14, 2020, 06:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

At a time when a lot of us have been less than impressed with top flight footballers it@s nice to see a bit of positive news. HK has sponsored Leyton Orient's shirts for next year and is donating all the proceeds to three charities.

Andy S

HV71

Very good to hear - excellent from him and an example to others.

On another matter awful to hear that Alli was attacked at knife point ( a truly dreadful experience ) but the fact that they made off with over 2 million pounds worth of watches is also somewhat distasteful. Of course you are entitled to spend the money you earn on what you wish ( as long as its legal ) but such a vast sum on such non essential items I feel is a tad distasteful.

Dr Know

I read the three stolen watches were valued at £350,000 . The 2 million quoted included jewellery. Still ott though in my opinion .

KJS

His money so it's up to him what he spends it on we would all love to have the same options😎

Jamie88

Quote from: HV71 on May 15, 2020, 07:23:35 AM
Very good to hear - excellent from him and an example to others.

On another matter awful to hear that Alli was attacked at knife point ( a truly dreadful experience ) but the fact that they made off with over 2 million pounds worth of watches is also somewhat distasteful. Of course you are entitled to spend the money you earn on what you wish ( as long as its legal ) but such a vast sum on such non essential items I feel is a tad distasteful.
Well I wouldn't spend that amount on watches if I were a multi-millionaire, but it's his money, he can do what he likes with it

bog

Montague

Quote from: KJS on May 15, 2020, 07:55:35 AM
His money so it's up to him what he spends it on we would all love to have the same options%uD83D%uDE0E

Buying certain watches etc can also be seen as an investments - Same for certain flash cars and in a way no different than investing in artworks or antiques

gezkc

Not really sure why this thread has moved away from its original point. It's a lovely gesture from Harry Kane.

However, I suspect if you looked at his watch collection, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it rivalling Delli Alli's.

HV71

My apologies to the OP - Twig - I inadvertently caused this thread to go off track.

Mickeyboro

Quote from: HV71 on May 16, 2020, 06:55:30 AM
My apologies to the OP - Twig - I inadvertently caused this thread to go off track.

Just watch it in future...

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on May 16, 2020, 06:55:30 AM

No worries, I just wanted to highlight a top player trying to do something right when so many just seem concerned to protect their huge salaries.

HV71

Thanks Twig - I also thought it was very good of him and that led me to thinking that some players are being so selfish. No actual reflection on Alli but I do find it a bit distasteful that some footballers earn enough to buy watches and jewellery worth £ 2m ( which would take the average carer approximately 185 years to earn - and they are putting their lives on the line daily)
Just my opinion of course

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on May 16, 2020, 07:15:35 PM
Thanks Twig - I also thought it was very good of him and that led me to thinking that some players are being so selfish. No actual reflection on Alli but I do find it a bit distasteful that some footballers earn enough to buy watches and jewellery worth £ 2m ( which would take the average carer approximately 185 years to earn - and they are putting their lives on the line daily)
Just my opinion of course

It's not wrong, of course he's entitled to do what he likes with his money, and watches can be great investments (not so much jewellery).  But I absolutely get your point.