more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hancocks Half Hour

Started by Enfield, May 15, 2020, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 18, 2020, 11:29:00 PM
I remember listening to various radio shows during Sunday lunch when i was young..... Navy Lark, Goon Show, ITMA, ISIRTA, and Hancock. It was lovely to laugh with the family over lunch, we all had a good sense of humour. The episode that i remember laughing to most was 'The Test Pilot', where Kenneth Williams ends up on the tail of the plane after take-off.

I can almost smell the cabbage boiling and see the condensation running down the kitchen windows as you mention those programmes.....

john dempsey

mrmicawbers

Was it Hancock who used to do the thing with the mirror.There was a shop on the Fulham Palace Road where I used to do it with the Old Man God rest his soul.

john dempsey

think it was Harry Worth, still funny

filham

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 19, 2020, 07:33:24 PM
Was it Hancock who used to do the thing with the mirror.There was a shop on the Fulham Palace Road where I used to do it with the Old Man God rest his soul.
No, the thing with the mirrors was Harry Worth, funny I had forgotten all about him until you mentioned him.

Holders

Arthur Haynes and Dermot Kelly...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mrmicawbers

Thanks Harry Worth.Same era I presume?Was near Greyhound Road as memory serves. We used to live in Playbook Road that got knocked down,to build the New Charing Cross Hospital.

mrmicawbers

gang

Quote from: Holders on May 19, 2020, 08:22:29 PM
Arthur Haynes and Dermot Kelly...
[/

The pram Athur Haynes pushed was given to the bbc by my aunt after my cousin grew out of it.c

filham

There are few old timers following this thread so perhaps some one can help me with a quiz question I can't answer.

The quiz is all about old radio programmes and gives the initial of the programme followed by a clue , you have to give the title of the programme.
For instance:- DB ( Special Agent)     Answer Dick Barton
                     NL (Life aboard HMS Troutbridge)       Answer Navy Lark
                     DID (Guests are Castaways)        Answer Desert Island Discs
There are 20 questions and the one I just can't answer is:-
                      RN ( was composed of taped or recorded dispatches from correspondents in the field)
The answer would help relieve some of my Lockdown tension.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

SG

Quote from: bog on May 16, 2020, 11:50:40 AM
Quote from: filham on May 16, 2020, 09:57:42 AM
Always enjoyed Hancocks Half Hour both on radio and television., The Blood Donor is perhaps the most memorable.
Now please enlighten me is there a new show available , which TV channel is it on.

The Blood Donor.

'You want a pint? That's practically an armful!'  Surely one of the great lines from situation comedy.

092.gif

'It may be a pinprick to you but it could be life and death to some poor soul'

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Talking above of Harry Worth years ago I went with my parents to see Ken Dodd at the London Palladium. Harry Worth was one of the early supporting acts and his stage act was hilarious.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on May 20, 2020, 10:31:24 AM
There are few old timers following this thread so perhaps some one can help me with a quiz question I can't answer.

The quiz is all about old radio programmes and gives the initial of the programme followed by a clue , you have to give the title of the programme.
For instance:- DB ( Special Agent)     Answer Dick Barton
                     NL (Life aboard HMS Troutbridge)       Answer Navy Lark
                     DID (Guests are Castaways)        Answer Desert Island Discs
There are 20 questions and the one I just can't answer is:-
                      RN ( was composed of taped or recorded dispatches from correspondents in the field)
The answer would help relieve some of my Lockdown tension.

I wasn't around then but sounds like  'From Our own Correspondent' - something like Radio News, Roving News? 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I forgot RN is Reuter's News!

filham

Some good thoughts there, could even be Recorded News.
Certain though that Woolly's effort is going to put him bottom of the class.

ron

"Radio Newsreel" surely...?

.....with its theme tune "Imperial Echoes"

filham

Quote from: ron on May 20, 2020, 05:45:41 PM
"Radio Newsreel" surely...?
Well done and thank you Ron , that sounds like the answer to me. I feel much better now. Can we just stand Woolly in a corner with a dunces hat on, his effort was pathetic.

ron

I only wish I couldn't remember it because I was a footloose and fancy free youngster...
......but alas, Tempus Fugit..... 092.gif