watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: BBC MOTD Podcast Top Ten Premier Goals

Started by Motspur, May 17, 2020, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motspur

I watched MOTD Podcast last night which this week was Top Ten Premier goals; I was expecting to see Pajtim Kasami goal against Crystal Palace in the top three but wasn't even in the top ten. Then they mentioned other goals omitted and Pajtim's goal didn't even get a mention. They included Vincent Company's goal from last season against Leicester in the top ten, which in my opinion is ridiculous.   

F(f)CUK

To discuss Wilshere's tap in against Norwich really annoyed me. You know that if an Arsenal or Newcastle player had scored it then it would definitely have been in.

ffcne

Watched it for about 15 minutes.
Turned it off realising it was an old boys club discussion.
No chance of Kasami getting a mention.
Andros Townsend a straight hit and central .

Kasami sublime skill ran into space ,control on his chest .
Hit on the run at an angle to the goal.

bog

When they started talking I knew he wouldn't get a mention. When Kasami scored apparently Wilshire tweeted 'bang goes my Goal of the Month chances!'  er no Jack. That very month they changed the winner to whoever got the most viewer votes....so the club with the bigger fan base will always win as I see this......

092.gif

ALG01

what made you think fulham would feature?

Kasami was better than most they showed, although the goals shown were very good but i didn't agree with the unanimous number one. iw ould not have that in the top 10. kasami was worthy but we were always ignored.. it wasn't even goal of the month.

Wolf

That Wilshire goal won MOTD goal of the season the season Kasami scored at Palace. Blatant big team favouritism
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

F(f)CUK

The winning goal wasn't even Bergkamp's best goal

Fulham1959

Of its type, it's one of the best goals I've ever seen.

Maybe, had it been a Saturday match, it might have got a shade more recognition.

F(f)CUK

Just watched the match of their day and it is amazing how many of the players of the other teams ended up playing for us.

Steeeeeeeeeed

For me Ryan Giggs goal stood out a mile, and its importance was huge pushing Man Utd on to achieve the treble, and against their prime opponents deflating them, and setting up Man Utd for their position as the top team in England for ten years.
It's probably the key goal in importance in the last 30 years, and also was fantastic to watch, and the celebration.

And I was at the game live when Trevor Sinclair scored That goal, which was just absolutely sublime, the greatest over head kick goal I have ever seen. I just remember me and my mate staring gormless at each other in the stand for about 10 seconds in disbelief, like many of the crowd were. Ronaldo and Bale have also scored great ones, but Sinclair's was just the best, and I would place that second.

Bergkamp was clever, and maybe up there for most unusual goal, but not worthy of the top 5.

And I do not get the love for De Canios goal at all, it's good, but not great at all to me. Watch that Giggs, and Sinclair's together, no contest, De Canio wouldn't be in my top 50.

And if Kasami scored Bergkamp''s goal it wouldn't have been mentioned. If Bergkamp scored Kasamis it would have been top 3.

https://youtu.be/OWEtvlJZfA4

It is a cracker, and well appreciated in the comments

The Cravenette

Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 17, 2020, 05:59:23 PM
Just watched the match of their day and it is amazing how many of the players of the other teams ended up playing for us.

I noticed that.  Think I counted at least 10.