News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What are you missing most about your trip to the Cottage?

Started by SP, May 18, 2020, 05:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

So many things from strolling through the park after securing three points, Mitro bossing the centre halves & watching the river flow past at halftime.  My greatest loss though is looking up at the seats in the Riverside my folks sat in since it was built, gone forever now of course.  What are you missing?

KJS

A pre match beer in the Coat and Badge but strangely enough not the football itself

filham

The whole experience but especially that moment when we score the winning goal, usually a Mitro goal.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: KJS on May 18, 2020, 05:47:32 PM
A pre match beer in the Coat and Badge but strangely enough not the football itself
I agree with the 2nd part of what you say, not least because Scott Parker's tactics (I am assuming he's the root cause) are usually so boring.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

KJS

Quite honestly I'm not missing football of any kind I started to fall out of love with the professional game a few years back but kept my ST up and attended all home games with very few exceptions but this has made me realise that I don't feel the love anymore so will not be rushing back😞

The Rock

I hadn't been in town in awhile already, but all the Fulham friend supporters I get to see when in town. I miss the The Lion. Bricklayers. Foxes, the greatest pub in the world with a putting green for carpet. 

Fulham 442

Quote from: KJS on May 18, 2020, 06:18:11 PM
Quite honestly I'm not missing football of any kind I started to fall out of love with the professional game a few years back but kept my ST up and attended all home games with very few exceptions but this has made me realise that I don't feel the love anymore so will not be rushing back😞
I respect your decision but it feels kind of sad...Even if you no longer want to attend games please don't ever lose your love for FFC!

ron

Let's hope the fuzzy old video tapes have been watched during lockdown, and it's been decided once and for all that passing continually across the back, 75percent possession and 1-0 defeats have been banished for good and all. I've rather enjoyed missing those....

john dempsey

Quote from: ron on May 18, 2020, 07:06:33 PM
Let's hope the fuzzy old video tapes have been watched during lockdown, and it's been decided once and for all that passing continually across the back, 75percent possession and 1-0 defeats have been banished for good and all. I've rather enjoyed missing those....
[/quote     please let this be so......

H4usuallysitting

A pint of beer in a pub....any pub....but, not any beer - but, give it another couple of weeks, and I'll be drinking slops

KJS

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 18, 2020, 06:46:36 PM
Quote from: KJS on May 18, 2020, 06:18:11 PM
I respect your decision but it feels kind of sad...Even if you no longer want to attend games please don't ever lose your love for FFC!

I will never lose my love for FFC

sarnian

Agree about never losing your love for the club and can't wait to get back to the Cottage although it may not be till the 2021 - 22 season.

However I just cannot get any enthusiasm for games behind closed doors. Makes these games seem like friendlies and I imagine some of the players are going to feel the same way.
049:gif

filham

Quote from: sarnian on May 18, 2020, 09:11:14 PM
Agree about never losing your love for the club and can't wait to get back to the Cottage although it may not be till the 2021 - 22 season.

However I just cannot get any enthusiasm for games behind closed doors. Makes these games seem like friendlies and I imagine some of the players are going to feel the same way.
[/quote
Quote from: sarnian on May 18, 2020, 09:11:14 PM

We need to finish the season otherwise the games played, and paid to see, so far this season will become virtual friendlies.

RaySmith

Miss it terribly, though unfortunately  being unable to go to many games - but can at least plan and anticipate going to some.

But just miss matchday, even if it's just listening to GJ and Jamie - so lucky to have this , planning my day round it, the build up on here, then losing myself  in the game, even if just Jim's  commentary, and  even if  I do feel down if we lose!

Going to the Cottage is even sweeter to me now, not being able to go much, and even going to away games  I love the atmosphere, being amongst Fulham fans, cheering as the Super Whites take the pitch.

gerrys

Flying over to England to watch the match and getting in some pints of decent beer  :003:

Burt

My worry is that until a vaccine is available I am never going to feel totally at ease if and when spectators are allowed back.

I miss all the little things, which taken together make for a great day.
- The anticipation.
- The drive to Putney.
- Getting a pre-match beer and bag of chips from Fishers.
- The walk through Bishops Park.
- Meeting friends and family in the Hammersmith End.
- The result (hopefully).
- Listening to Sports Report on the way home.

fcfulham55

I'm also not missing it as much as I thought.

It controlled my life to the point of being in such a bad mood after poor results that without it I feel so much better!   

As a fan I have this strong feeling of being detached from the club.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Take Me Home MAF

For me April-May are the best months at the cottage, even more so when there is something to play for.

Beer in the sun on the Thames, sunlit evening walk through the park, being with family. It has been such a shame to lose these fantastic months- even more for with Euro 2020 on the horizon.

I miss the football match, but not as much as the whole experience, but that is probably as I'm less emotionally invested in this campaign as others due to the football being played and lack of excitement, and the disappointment of last season.

GrumpyWhite

I miss the pre match pint at one of my many favourite pubs, the walk through the park to the Cottage.

However I am getting totally pissed of with the ineptitude of the Premiershite and the EFL and all the greedy gits involved - I agree with spuds Danny Rose - peoples health should come first - stuff sport.  Let`s sort out real life first - then think about sport.

Rant over  092.gif