News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What are you missing most about your trip to the Cottage?

Started by SP, May 18, 2020, 05:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage expat

Quote from: gerrys on May 19, 2020, 07:44:38 AM
Flying over to England to watch the match and getting in some pints of decent beer  :003:

+1. Also, the walk through Bishops park is special and takes me back through the years.

Twig

I agree that April and May are special months to visit the cottage.  I love the walk down the river from Hammersmith and the anticipation of the match, the sight of our floodlights twinkling in the afternoon light adds to that atmosphere.  Unlike some, I still enjoy some of our football; it hasn't suddenly gone from scintillating to dreadful because it wasn't the former and it hasn't become the latter.  It can get a bit frustrating watching us try to play out from the back (all the time), some of our wing play leaves a bit to be desired and some of our dead ball kicks lack imagination and/or quality but hey ho this is FFC.

I miss being able to wander back to the Dove for a post match pint and then going on for a bit to eat somewhere.  My wife and I have tried some unlikely restaurants around Hammersmith and Chiswick over the years and occasionally even scored some enjoyable bulls eyes!

mrmicawbers

ron

Quote from: Burt on May 19, 2020, 08:28:50 AM
My worry is that until a vaccine is available I am never going to feel totally at ease if and when spectators are allowed back.

I miss all the little things, which taken together make for a great day.
- The anticipation.
- The drive to Putney.
- Getting a pre-match beer and bag of chips from Fishers.
- The walk through Bishops Park.
- Meeting friends and family in the Hammersmith End.
- The result (hopefully).
- Listening to Sports Report on the way home.

It's only a pity that Taylor's isn't any longer at Hammersmith for stewed eels or fish and chips post match....or come to that my grandparents not around any more who used to take me there.....but hey, I'm going back around sixty years... this lockdown deal seems to bring on the nostalgia big time..

Fulham 442

Quote from: RaySmith on May 19, 2020, 02:55:18 AM
Miss it terribly, though unfortunately  being unable to go to many games - but can at least plan and anticipate going to some.

But just miss matchday, even if it's just listening to GJ and Jamie - so lucky to have this , planning my day round it, the build up on here, then losing myself  in the game, even if just Jim's  commentary, and  even if  I do feel down if we lose!

Going to the Cottage is even sweeter to me now, not being able to go much, and even going to away games  I love the atmosphere, being amongst Fulham fans, cheering as the Super Whites take the pitch.
This is me!  I just love being in Fulham itself.  Takes me back to my childhood, going to games with my Dad, popping in to see my Gran after the game, as she lived in Colwith Road and I relive it every time I go.  Also love being part of the Fulham family, from all different walks of life but all loving the same club.  It's a special feeling and I miss it now I am no longer living in the UK, although up until recently was able to watch most of our games live via Fulham TV.

Teddymaybank

Train up to London from Hove, lunch and a pint and a walk along the river. Really missing my Putney end seat just behind the goal......

Gloria Hunter

My worry is that until a vaccine is available I am never going to feel totally at ease if and when spectators are allowed back.

- The anticipation.
- The drive to Putney.
- Getting a pre-match beer
and bag of chips from Fishers.
- Meeting friends and family
in the Hammersmith End.

All these.  Sometimes not the 90 minutes themselves though, even if we win.  I'm not a big fan of Scott Parker.  Perhaps we were spoiled by Slavisa.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Having to mess around with the frequent bus replacement services between Stoneleigh and Wimbledon or Wimbledon and Putney Bridge..
I wouldnt miss it for the World!

Woolly Mammoth

- The anticipation.
- The drive to Putney.
- Getting a pre-match beer and bag of chips from Fishers.
- Meeting friends and family in the Hammersmith End.

I miss all those things you have mentioned, but I also miss my mistress as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

john dempsey

If your missing your mistress
have you tried adjusting your telescopic site or considered
hiring a hitman...