News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Quick History of where you were born and where you are now.

Started by mrmicawbers, May 19, 2020, 09:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

Talking about Harry Worth earlier I thought I would ask where you originated and how you got to where you are now.
OK Born in Queen Charlotte's Hospital.Went to Welcome School  in Fulham Palace Road until the age of 7 when we had to move from Cranbrook Road when they decided to build the New Charing cross hospital.My parents had come over from Ireland 11 years previously  and were in private accommodation and were now given the opportunity of a Council House,how times have changed.People I talk to fi nd it hard to understand how Fulham has changed.I was born in 1957 and was so fortunate to leave as Fullham then was a complete dump putting it nicely,I dread to think where I would be now without the move at the time.We were very fortunate to move to Dover House road in Putney a completely different environment and didn't look back.Lived there until I bought a flat in Southfields in the 80s.Moved to Deal with my family late 90s to get them out of London.Moved back to London on my own 10 years ago and Moved back to Tankerton near Whitstable 18 months ago and really enjoying being back on the Coast.Sorry to ramble got a bit carried away.

mrmicawbers

sussexwhite

Born 1975 in Princess Charlottes, lived in Mirabell Rd, moved to Streatham in '81, then Molesey, back to Fulham in '85....now in Sompting, W. Sussex, been here since 2001.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: sussexwhite on May 19, 2020, 09:44:13 PM
Born 1975 in Princess Charlottes, lived in Mirabell Rd, moved to Streatham in '81, then Molesey, back to Fulham in '85....now in Sompting, W. Sussex, been here since 2001.
Perfect I did go on slightly

bobbo

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 19, 2020, 09:36:39 PM
Melcome school,Claybrook road
blimey my dad and all my cousins went to melcome school and all lived in claybrook road.

As for me born queen charlottes now live in Uxbridge.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

mrmicawbers

Quote from: bobbo on May 19, 2020, 10:21:39 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 19, 2020, 09:36:39 PM
Melcome school,Claybrook road
blimey my dad and all my cousins went to melcome school and all lived in claybrook road.

As for me born queen charlottes now live in Uxbridge.
Might have known them Bobbo.My earliest recollections was being on the street back then.Although not having a pot to piss in,you used to be out in your street with kids aged 3 to 16 plus and we all looked out for each other.Plus no cars a few motor bikes or scooters maybe.Remember punch ups with different roads,those were the days

Brightster#2

Born in high wycombe in 1995 and now live in Dayton Ohio

Russianrob

OP it is amazing how much we have in common Born 1959 and lived Bayonne Road Fulham.Also attended Melcome School Mr Ross headmaster.However here l must digress because there was a particular teacher at that school who severely damaged me Psychologically.A Miss Roberts an Aussie l think.But all's well that ends well and became an Anglican Priest.One day l may celebrate Mass at Saint Andrew's Church where Fulham were founded.Now 60 and ended up in Petersburg, Russia so Mass will have to wait!

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Russianrob on May 20, 2020, 07:15:04 AM
OP it is amazing how much we have in common Born 1959 and lived Bayonne Road Fulham.Also attended Melcome School Mr Ross headmaster.However here l must digress because there was a particular teacher at that school who severely damaged me Psychologically.A Miss Roberts an Aussie l think.But all's well that ends well and became an Anglican Priest.One day l may celebrate Mass at Saint Andrew's Church where Fulham were founded.Now 60 and ended up in Petersburg, Russia so Mass will have to wait!
Very interesting life Rob.Love to visit Russia at some point inte future. Was Bayonne Park what was known as the Little Rec as Lilly rec was called the big rec?

HillingdonFFC

Born in Hillingdon, a year there before moving to Hayes. Then off to Langley at 10. Dads family had moved there from Hammersmith in the 50s & the old man liked it.
Back to Hillingdon in the mid 90s via a few years in Ickenham when I met the missus, still here now .
Step daughters married now & really want to move out to Devon or Dorset but wife won't move too far from her

SuffolkWhite

Born Worthing but moved around the country as a kid and went to 13 different schools. Finally ended up in west London (westbourne park nearest tube) and a friend of my mum's took me to the cottage, never looked back. Moved to Suffolk age 20 and currently live in Ipswich, have had many different jobs from boat building to benefits advisor.

One constant in my life has been Fulham FC whatever has been thrown at me  049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Cambridge Pete

Born in Isleworth in 1949.  Short period in Vancouver then back to Putney, then Teddington, Brighton to College, Liverpool, Berlin, Burgess Hill, then 32 years ago Cambridge. First game V Charlton in 1958, been addicted ever since

Southdowns White

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 20, 2020, 08:24:59 AM
Very interesting life Rob.Love to visit Russia at some point inte future. Was Bayonne Park what was known as the Little Rec as Lilly rec was called the big rec?
The Little Rec was in Margravine Rd behind William Morris Flats and the Big Rec was Lillie Rd on the corner with Fulham Palace.

Abbotsbury White

Born in Sullivan Court in '61, Mum has shop in Munster road early 70's , gradually moved westwards, Acton, Northolt,Hayes and Hillingdon, last year me and the missus moved to Weymouth after the kids had flown the nest, ummed and arred over this move  for years as neither had lived or worked more than 12 miles from where we were born, not quite as adventourous as some on her but it felt earth moving for us :005: BTW absolutley love it and wish we had done earlier.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 20, 2020, 09:07:13 AM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 20, 2020, 08:24:59 AM
The Little Rec was in Margravine Rd behind William Morris Flats and the Big Rec was Lillie Rd on the corner with Fulham Palace.
Thanks Southown left when I was 7 so memory a little hazy.Used the little rec a lot playing out along with the empty houses.

Southdowns White

Another one Born in Queen Charlotte's mid 60's. Lived in Gastein rd until the age of 22ish. Went to Melcombe then ST Augustine schools and secondary school at the London Oratory. Have lived in Perth Australia, Epsom,Putney, Ealing and now live in West Sussex on the south downs near Brighton since 2002 and wouldn't want to live anywhere else to be honest. I remember the whole of the Bayonne Road area being demolished and the new estates being built. I also worked as a milk boy for Morgans while at school and college so some may have known me from that.

FFChris

Born in Stanwell, Middlesex next to Heathrow Airport in 1963.  Had several houses in Ashford, Middlesex in the late 1980's and 90's before moving to Yateley on the north tip of Hampshire in 2001.  Fantastic place to live with a great community spirit and a small band of Fulham supporters.  Only downside of living here is the 90 minute journey to the cottage for most home games!  COYW's

Russianrob

I think Fulham used the Lillie rec as their ground once.The Rec was also used for 5 a side football for kids on a Sunday morning.Does anyone know if it is still used for this purpose and did anyone play on the Rec from this forum?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Abbotsbury White on May 20, 2020, 09:11:17 AM
Born in Sullivan Court in '61, Mum has shop in Munster road early 70's , gradually moved westwards, Acton, Northolt,Hayes and Hillingdon, last year me and the missus moved to Weymouth after the kids had flown the nest, ummed and arred over this move  for years as neither had lived or worked more than 12 miles from where we were born, not quite as adventourous as some on her but it felt earth moving for us :005: BTW absolutley love it and wish we had done earlier.

Weymouth is actually one of the places we've thought about moving out to

Fulham33

Born Hammersmith Hospital 1954. Now live in Burwash East Sussex home to Rudyard Kipling (not a great centre half I grant you)