News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Quick History of where you were born and where you are now.

Started by mrmicawbers, May 19, 2020, 09:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnmac

born 1948 lived in anselm road
joined army 1964-1970 yemen and germany
worked at gec Stafford, westland helicopters in Yeovil
went to south Africa 1984-2000 to run IT on gold mines
2000-2015 npower stoke on trent
now retired in somerset

Fulham 442

Quote from: Teddymaybank on May 20, 2020, 06:23:40 PM
Born in Edinburgh 1952, lived in Plymouth Padstow and Londonderry as father was in Navy. Saw Hearts win the league in 61, then moved to London in 1962. A Friend Eddie Crowther at Rutherford school Paddington introduced me to Fulham in the 66/67 season. Loyal fan ever since, now live in Hove, but love the walk from Hammersmith along the river to the Cottage... 54 years of supporting this September.....

Fabulous story!

HillingdonFFC

Love posts like this. It's very interesting to see that there are quite a few Fulham fans in or have lived around my area, Hillingdon. I knew that anyway as I know plenty within a few mile radius
Not sure if many on here visit TIFF but theres a certain poster on there who can't seem to get it in his head that not all Fulham fans headed south of the river. I totally get that areas like Sutton, Motspur Park, New Malden etc are the closest we'll get to a heartland but plenty of Fulham fans moved West to my area, Hounslow & further afield

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Born in Haslemere Cottage Hospital in 1950
I went back there when I was in the UK a couple of years ago
and a man showed me the ward I was born in, which was now
a recuperation ward.
Strange experience.

Now in South Florida
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

cottage expat

Born Wimbledon Park (Havana Road), moved to Raynes Park at age 11. Lived in Balham for a year before moving to the U.S. 30 plus years ago.

St Eve

Born in Isleworth in 1956. Went to Isleworth Grammer School. Came to New York in 1981 for a holiday and decided to stay. Set up my own real estate company, Craven Corporation in 1994. My entire office is black and white with photos taken by Ken Coton, my neighbor in Whitton Dene. Fanatical Fulham fan since I was a kid. Had a season ticket until we got relegated under Felix. Saw the play off final against Villa and the Europa final in Hamburg. Get to a few games every season. Love my pre match beer at the Dukes Head in Putney and the walk thru Bishops Park.

RaySmith

A bit different to St Eve above- I'm impressed.

Born in Brixton in 1949 - birth mother from Newcastle , but that's all i know of her.
Adopted and brought up in nearby Tulse hill, and went to Tulse Hill comprehensive, one of the first comps with 2,500 boys, in an 8 story building, where the lifts didn't usually work!

Old boys include ken Livingstone, former mayor of london, Smiley Culture, musician,Linton Kwesi Johnson, poet, actor Ken Cranham, boxer Danny Williams and footballers, Nicky Chatterton, Palace, and Dennis Bailey, QPR, also had a season at Fulham early on.

Although an 11 Plus failure, I was able to take O and A levels there, and went to teacher training college in Yorkshire in the late 60's. However that didn't work out for me - I had some personal problems,and  I ended up back in south London, and working for Lambeth Council as a gardener for  eight years, and  eventually became a ganger in Crystal Palace. I've also worked as a BR track maintenance man, and in warehouses.

Then, after meeting my future wife, i went to Middlesex Poly,  now University, as a mature student,and  got a BA degree.

After that Civil Service - DTI in Victoria Street, then working with adults with  severe learning disabilities.

Moved to Glasgow, where my wife is from, but now retired and  back in England, the North West - still with my wife.

My first  pro matches i went to were  at Palace - the local team, with mum and dad, standing on a grassy bank behind the goal. My uncle was a senior steward there, looking after the players , for years.

But i wanted to see top flight football - Palace then were in Div 4, and my  dad took me to Fulham, mainly because of Johnny Haynes. For a bit i supported Fulham and Palace, but Palace were soon dropped, and I  was hooked, going to games on my own, and sometimes with schoolmates, and we used to watch Chelsea on alternate weeks, but Fulham was always my team, always had that special magic for me.

Abbotsbury White

Quote from: St Eve on May 21, 2020, 03:16:59 AM
Born in Isleworth in 1956. Went to Isleworth Grammer School. Came to New York in 1981 for a holiday and decided to stay. Set up my own real estate company, Craven Corporation in 1994. My entire office is black and white with photos taken by Ken Coton, my neighbor in Whitton Dene. Fanatical Fulham fan since I was a kid. Had a season ticket until we got relegated under Felix. Saw the play off final against Villa and the Europa final in Hamburg. Get to a few games every season. Love my pre match beer at the Dukes Head in Putney and the walk thru Bishops Park.
[I also went to IGS I would've been in 1st year when you were in 6th you probably cut my bloody tie :)]
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

alfie

Quote from: Russianrob on May 20, 2020, 03:14:42 PM
The supreme irony of the Fulham area now is that it is a very desirable place to live only for the wealthy and posh.What a turnaround!
I live at Bishop's Park, (top of Ellerby St) and I'm not posh or wealthy.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WhiteJC

I was born in Epsom Hospital (1958) and grew up in Sutton, near Gander Green Lane (Sutton Utd's ground)
Dad was born in Mortlake, Grandad was a Drayman for Watneys and a lifelong Fulham supporter, Dad supported Arsenal (no idea why). Grandad used to take me and my brother to games on a regular basis, late 60's early 70's I used to tag along with Dave & Mark Proctor, they lived 2 doors away, to home games, I still regularly see Dave at games, Mark moved to the States and for a while had a pub in Florida named "the Cottage".
When I first left home I lived in Pimlico then when I got married moved to Beddington (near Croydon), then to Worcester Park.
Work took me to San Diego and then when I returned to the UK I lived in Finchampstead (near Reading)
I decided to take early retirement and moved to Cotgrave (near Nottingham) to be closer to my eldest, I've 3 girls, and grandchildren. I got bored and now "work" part-time at B&Q, used to pay for holidays in Cornwall & the odd pint, the beer up here isn't as good as Pride although the Castle brewery has some acceptable offerings.

gang

Born in Altona, Hamburg 1947 from English parents. First started following Fulham in 1958/59 season after a friend invited me over to spend a holiday in London. Travel to most home games and stay in the Premier Inn.
Enjoy a drink in the Golden Lion pre match.

cookieg

Born St Heliers Hospital in 1965, spent first few years living in Pollards Hill in the old prefabs. Moved to Mitcham in 1969, first Fulham game around 71/72 god knows who against.

Moved to Coulsdon in 1991 for my first marriage, moved back to Mitcham around 1995 and it had changed so much and not for the better. 1997 moved to Sutton met my 2nd wife in 2000 and now live in Cheam.

Throughout all this time at least Fulham was the one constant source of enjoyment, well most of the time!

HV71

Born in 1955 in Mansfield . My father was a miner and took me to watch the Stags when I was 5 . Left Mansfield to go to university- worked in Manchester moved to London and ,for a five year period ,commuted to Chicago every other week but rarely missed a game ( other than midweek matches when I was in the States ) . Eventually became a Director of the club and that is when I started to become acquainted with the Fulham football family ( the late and great Jimmy Hill et al ) We were living in Putney and I had the pleasure of driving him to games when the sides met at Field Mill. It was obvious that Fulham ( and the Cottage ) was a special place so when I simply had to stop leaving the family every weekend ( and wanting my son to support a team local to his place of birth ) - it was an obvious choice . We have been season ticket holders now for over ten years - and whilst I will never be able to claim to be a " lifer" as so many of you are on this forum - I have been accepted into the family and love the place .
Moved from Putney to Weybridge and now fortunate to reside a couple of miles outside the seething metropolis of Abinger Hammer
Thank you FFC and you the fans for accepting me ( an outsider) - and hopefully if my son ever has kids they will also be Fulham fans

bog

Quote from: HV71 on May 21, 2020, 12:05:56 PM
Born in 1955 in Mansfield . My father was a miner and took me to watch the Stags when I was 5 . Left Mansfield to go to university- worked in Manchester moved to London and ,for a five year period ,commuted to Chicago every other week but rarely missed a game ( other than midweek matches when I was in the States ) . Eventually became a Director of the club and that is when I started to become acquainted with the Fulham football family ( the late and great Jimmy Hill et al ) We were living in Putney and I had the pleasure of driving him to games when the sides met at Field Mill. It was obvious that Fulham ( and the Cottage ) was a special place so when I simply had to stop leaving the family every weekend ( and wanting my son to support a team local to his place of birth ) - it was an obvious choice . We have been season ticket holders now for over ten years - and whilst I will never be able to claim to be a " lifer" as so many of you are on this forum - I have been accepted into the family and love the place .
Moved from Putney to Weybridge and now fortunate to reside a couple of miles outside the seething metropolis of Abinger Hammer
Thank you FFC and you the fans for accepting me ( an outsider) - and hopefully if my son ever has kids they will also be Fulham fans

As a child in the 1950's I enjoyed many a holiday at Treetops Holiday Camp and one of the main events was to go and watch The Abinger Hammer when at its operative best.

EricB

Born in Parsons Green maternity hospital in 1957.  Family lived on opposite corner to the White Horse. Moved to Raynes pk via Brixton at age 6.  Fist Fulham game in '66.  have been going pretty Much ever since, except for a break when I was playing local matches on Saturdays.  That changed when Best came down to the cottage, so I joined a Sunday team.  Now live in Surbiton and attend with my dad.  Fortunate enough for him to still be able have pint and share a game at 85 (I count myself very lucky).

Chestfield John

Born in Clapham, and went to Battersea Grammar school. Moved out to Whitstable in 1983, and now live up the road in Chestfield.

HV71

Wow Bog -that must have been something! It is still ridiculously quaint . The green with the Tillingborne running through it - the children ankle deep, fishing for tiddlers with nets bought from Annie's tea room . In the background a game of village cricket - . Idyllic.

St Eve

Quote from: Abbotsbury White on May 21, 2020, 07:47:55 AM
Quote from: St Eve on May 21, 2020, 03:16:59 AM
[I also went to IGS I would've been in 1st year when you were in 6th you probably cut my bloody tie :)]
Yes sorry about that!

Logicalman

Born in Queen Charlotte's Hospital in '58 and lived in Lillie Road Peabody flats until 1961, then moved to Fulham Palace Road Peabody Estate. Went to Melcombe Primary School, then St Clement Danes. Moved to Hanwell in 1975, Bournemouth in 1979 and got married. Kicked around Dorset until 1998 when, following a divorce, I emigrated to the US, where I lived in Oklahoma, Indiana, Mississippi and back to Indianapolis where I live now. First match was 1964, been flying the FFC Flag ever since and get back over every season or 2 to catch some games, and I'm lucky to be married to a lovely (US) lady who bleeds FFC as well.
049:gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bobbo

Quote from: gerrys on May 20, 2020, 07:42:15 PM
Born Woking in 1949......moved to Milan (Italy) 1974.....now retired and living in Como.
oh god lucky you , been lucky enough to have travelled lots of the world , lake como
possibly the nicest , most beautiful place I've ever been .
1975 just leaving home full of hope