watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 23/05/20...

Started by WhiteJC, May 23, 2020, 06:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Harvey Elliott explains how he felt when Liverpool signed him: 'Is this really happening?'

Harvey Elliott arrived at Liverpool without much fanfare last summer, when the Reds acquired him from Fulham.

At 15-years-old, Elliott had already made his Premier League debut for the Cottagers, so it was some coup.

In his debut season the starlet has been a regular in the domestic cup competitions, impressing on multiple occasions alongside Curtis Jones, another young Red destined for the top providing he keeps his head down and lets his feet do the talking.

Elliott has had a few off-field controversies, but nothing that cannot be explained by his age. After all, what were you doing with your mates at that age?

Jurgen Klopp has a huge amount of time for him – and the midfielder is part of first-team training every day – while players much older than him still compete with the U23s.

"It caught me by surprise, I didn't think it was true at the time," Elliott told Copa 90, cited by HITC, when he heard of Liverpool's interest.

"I thought to myself 'wait, is this really happening?

"Even the first time I stepped into Melwood I was like 'wow, it's actually true'.

"Even now there's sometimes I take a step back and think I'm playing with players I've been watching for three and four years now, and to be around Liverpool is a big dream for me."

There's no games on right now, but we hope that if the reds wrap up the title quickly upon the game's return, Elliott might get a few minutes as a sub towards the back end of the season.

Elliott will likely develop into an attacking midfielder who can play in multiple positions, but right now, he seems to prefer the right-wing, from where he can cut in and create with his left-foot.

He's not like Mo Salah, who is all about incredible pace and getting into the box, but more of a Bernardo Silva in that he's a technician with vision and the ability to play intricately in tight spaces.

We can see Elliott also doing a job on the left or as a no.10 one day, although under Klopp, Liverpool do not use a traditional playmaker.

But the rise of Elliott and Jones will hopefully save the club millions in the transfer market.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/05/22/harvey-elliott-explains-how-he-felt-when-liverpool-signed-him-is-this-really-happening/

WhiteJC

The Sunday Night Fulham Quiz

Brush up on all things Fulham as The Sunday Night Fulham Quiz returns for its fourth instalment.

The quiz will be hosted on YouTube and FFCtv, and presented by matchday announcer Ivan Berry, premiering from 7pm on Sunday evening.

As always, there are four rounds, this week consisting of:

General knowledge
    Clint Dempsey
    Record signings
    The 2000/01 season

Take to the comments section on Twitter afterwards to compare notes on your scores!

If you missed either of the three previous quizzes, you can play along below.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/may/22/sunday-night-fulham-quiz

WhiteJC

Sky Sports EFL Podcast: What's next for the Championship, League One and League Two?
Curtailment? Points per game? Play-offs? The Sky Sports EFL Podcast assesses all the latest news and talking points in the Championship, League One and League Two.

Sky Sports EFL presenter Jonathan Oakes is joined by Andy Hinchcliffe and Don Goodman to discuss all the latest developments surrounding the potential restart of the Football League, what each division is planning to do and which clubs each potential scenario or decision could impact upon.

The EFL board announced this week that resuming and finishing the leagues would be the ideal circumstance, but do admit there are situations where curtailment will be necessary.

The Championship are still keen for a resumption in June in order to finish the season behind closed doors.

League One is proving more difficult as the clubs are still divided on what to do and a vote is set to take place potentially next week to determine the next steps.

League Two clubs have found some common ground. They have voted to curtail the regular season and finalise the table on points per game. Initially they wanted to scrap relegation this season, but the EFL board have ruled that option out, providing they have assurances from the National League that any club they relegate will have somewhere to play next season.

You can subscribe via the links above, or via your regular podcast provider if you search for 'Sky EFL'.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11992781/sky-sports-efl-podcast-whats-next-for-the-championship-league-one-and-league-two

WhiteJC

Fabio Carvalho Goes Pro

The Club is delighted to confirm that Fabio Carvalho has signed his first professional contract, keeping him at Fulham until June 2022.

The 17-year-old attacking midfielder managed an impressive 11 goals and eight assists throughout the 2019/20 season.

Fabio broke into the Under-18s squad at the age of just 15, and soon went on to sign a two-year scholarship deal in the summer of 2018. His impressive performances have since seen him called up for the Under-23s squad, where he has become a regular name on the teamsheet.

He has also enjoyed experience at international level, managing 29 appearances for England at various age groups. He played a vital role for the Under-17s who won the Syrenka Cup and was prominent in their 6-2 win in the final.

The skilful playmaker has recently opened up on his delight after signing on the dotted line.

"I feel very excited about signing my first professional contract at the club. I feel good, I can't wait to see what the future holds and to get back on the football pitch."

Academy Director Huw Jennings added: "We are delighted that Fabio has committed his future to Fulham. He is an exciting prospect who works very hard and is dedicated to self-improvement.

"Fabio was an integral member of this season's successful U18 team and made an excellent contribution to the U23s in the later stages of their programme. Fabio has represented England youth teams at U15-U18 age groups, having captained the U16s and U17s."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/may/22/carvalho-goes-pro

WhiteJC

EFL Statement: Return to Training and Testing

The EFL has provided its Clubs with updated and finalised Return to Training Protocols (RTT) ahead of the planned resumption of tailored training on Monday 25 May 2020 for Championship Clubs, and moved to clarify the League's approach to the testing of players and subsequent reporting.

The EFL has commissioned Nationwide Pathology to support the testing of EFL players and staff as part of the first phase of its RTT protocols, with initial testing for players, coaching and backroom staff in the EFL Championship commencing on Thursday 21 May and continuing throughout Friday 22 May 2020.

There will be a flexible approach to testing, with a combination of procedures conducted by independent testers, Club medical staff and some self-testing as required. The accuracy of these tests is aligned with Government guidelines and, for the avoidance of any doubt, availability to Clubs will not impact NHS testing resources or prevent other individuals from receiving a test as required.

The EFL will announce the following data at the end of the initial testing phase:

the number of tests undertaken
         the number of positive cases (if any)

This first collection of data from the initial testing phase is unlikely to be available until Sunday 24 May 2020 and the EFL will publicly advise if any earlier. Please note: the EFL will not be releasing individual Club data.

The health, wellbeing and safety of EFL players, managers and staff has been at the forefront of the League's discussions, scenario planning and decision making throughout this process and we will continue to consult with medical experts to ensure this is maintained as circumstances evolve.

LEAGUE ONE AND LEAGUE TWO CLUBS

Please note that there is currently no testing programme under way with Clubs in League One and League Two. As a result, small group training is not permitted to commence on Monday 25 May 2020 but, if required, Clubs in League One and League Two can make their training ground pitches available for individual socially-distanced training sessions, adhering to all the relevant Government guidance and RTT protocols.

The provisions are in place with Nationwide Pathology to extend the testing programme into League One and League Two as required, depending on the final outcome of the season curtailment discussions.

RETURN TO TRAINING PROTOCOLS (RTT)

In respect of the RTT, the EFL has taken the decision today to publish the protocols in order to provide clarity and transparency on what is required and what is expected for all relevant stakeholders and particularly to aid understanding of the challenges amongst supporters. These are available here: https://www.efl.com/covid-19/

The protocols identify the relevant Policies and Procedures in respect of:

  Arrival and preparation for players and staff attending a training ground environment

  Training procedures

  Warm-Down and Injury Prevention Programmes

  Exiting the training ground

  Personal Protective Equipment

  Training Ground Hygiene Protocol

  Media arrangements

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/may/22/efl-statement

WhiteJC

'Adama Traore doesn't even run at full pace – he's taking the p*ss' - Christie

The former Barcelona youngster is so quick that he doesn't even bother running flat out, according to former team-mate Cyrus Christie

Wolves player Adama Traore has been branded the quickest man in world football by former team-mate Cyrus Christie, who claims that the former Barcelona youngster does not even run at full speed.

The pair played together at Middlesbrough for a spell between the summer of 2017 and January 2018, when Christie was sold to Derby and subsequently Fulham.

Meanwhile, Traore's star has continued to ascend, with the winger taking a starring role at Wolves, where he has scored four times and set up seven more in 28 Premier League appearances this season.

Such form has led to links with Manchester United, most notably, and the chief asset that they would gain from the 24-year-old is his searing pace.

Asked by the Counter Attack podcast who the quickest player in the game is, Christie responded: "Adama. There's no competition. Everyone knows he's the quickest man in football - 100 per cent.

"He doesn't run at full pace either! That's just taking the p***!

"When I was at Middlesbrough we had to do this sprint test. I knew Adama was quick and I said: 'Come on Adama, let's sprint.'

"I was going my hardest and he just drove past me. And he was laughing as well, it was demoralising.

"I had the second quickest time, but he was a different level.

"I didn't see him sprint properly. I maybe saw him sprint properly once and that was when he ran the whole length of the pitch in less than 10 seconds."

Meanwhile, Christie confirmed that he believes that the Championship season will not be written off following a suspension that has stretched two months due to the coronavirus pandemic, which has hit western Europe hard and has seen leagues in the likes of France, Belgium and Scotland ended early.

"From what we're hearing it'll continue. Obviously we don't know to what extent or how they are going to do things," he said.

"It's just waiting around to see what's going to happen. Health is definitely going to come first for people. Once we see how Germany pans out then I'm sure we can make plans."

The Bundesliga returned to action in mid-May behind closed doors, though Germany was considerably less effected by Covid-19 than the UK, recording 8,235 deaths compared to 36,393 in the UK to date.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/adama-traore-doesnt-even-run-at-full-pace-hes-taking-the-pss/1q5l5g5lv00gt1ihfj6o7w194f

WhiteJC

Leeds United: CEO Angus Kinnear says Championship curtailment would be national embarrassment

Angus Kinnear (centre) arrived at Leeds from West Ham in 2017

It would be "a national embarrassment" if the top two divisions of English football are not completed, says Leeds chief executive Angus Kinnear.

Leeds are top of the Championship by a point as they target a first return to the top flight since 2004.

The Championship and Premier League are targeting a return in June, but a resumption date is yet to be confirmed.

"The time has come to stop repeatedly framing the challenges and start delivering on the solution," he said.

Championship squads are set to return to training on Monday under strict protocols following a similar approach from Premier League clubs this week.

Meanwhile, the EFL Board has drawn up a draft framework for how to determine promotion and relegation if any of their three divisions are curtailed.

An unweighted points-per-game method would decide final league placings, ensuring Leeds gain automatic promotion along with West Brom if they are unable to play any more games.

La Liga in Spain and Serie A in Italy are also both in advanced stages of resuming their seasons in a similar manner to how football returned to Germany's top flight at the weekend.

"It would be a national embarrassment if the first and fifth biggest leagues in the world were not able to follow suit if the context remained comparable," Kinnear added to the Yorkshire Evening Post.

"If Leeds United wanted to be opportunist we could have seized on this 'points per game' commitment to push for an early curtailment in concert with some already very vocal self-interests.

"However, our intention has always been to do all we can to complete this season where we started it – on the pitch.

"The medical protocols we have been asked to adopt are rigorous, comprehensive, and founded on science. They have already been embraced by our players.

"The next challenges will be the specifics of returning to competitive play."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52770594

WhiteJC

Kevin Phillips tips West Brom to pursue Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic

Kevin Phillips has tipped his former club West Bromwich Albion to pursue Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic if the Baggies win promotion and the Cottagers fail to reach the Premier League according to West Brom News.

Phillips believes that the Midlands club would be better served signing someone of the ilk of Mitrovic rather than Vedat Muriqi – whom they have been linked with in recent weeks.

The former Sunderland forward thinks Mitrovic would be an ideal signing considering his previous top-flight experience.

"Mitrovic is a top-class player but if things go well for Fulham, they might join West Brom in promotion via the play-offs – they're sitting quite healthy at the moment," Phillips said.

"For me, he's the most outstanding centre-forward in the Championship, he's got Premier League experience and he's developed into a player whose attitude has got better and better."

"He suits the Championship but also the Premier League with his physicality. His hold-up play is also very good and he scores goals," he continued.

"I would imagine he'd cost a few quid but if West Brom were to go up, there would be money there to spend. He's someone who they'd definitely be interested in or be looking at."

The big Serbian has scored 23 goals in 34 appearances and is the top scorer in the Championship and is clearly a cut above any other striker in the division.

At the age of 25 he will be eager to be back playing in the Premier League and should Fulham receive a sizeable offer they may be forced to sell their star man, particularly if he feels he needs a new challenge.

https://the72.co.uk/167925/kevin-phillips-tips-west-brom-to-pursue-fulham-striker-aleksandar-mitrovic/

WhiteJC

Manchester City tracking promising Fulham youth starlet – A good signing for the future?

Why Manchester City should sign Cody Drameh with an eye on the future

According to an exclusive report from the Mirror, Manchester City are tracking the progress of Fulham's teenage defender Cody Drameh.

A product of the Fulham youth academy, Drameh has been regarded as one of the finest to have come through the ranks. The 18-year-old broke into the Cottagers' U18 side last term and has become a regular fixture in the U23 side in 2019/20.

Cody Drameh in action for Fulham's youth team

So far this season, he has made 17 appearances for the reserves in the Premier League 2, assisting 7 goals. In addition, he also has scored once for the U18s in the FA Youth Cup.

Manchester City, meanwhile, have had a disappointing campaign compared to their dominant season last time out.

While they won the league cup and remain in contention in the FA Cup and Champions League, they have been left behind by Liverpool in the Premier League title race. Pep Guardiola's men are trailing the Reds by 25 points when the campaign was suspended.

Given their performances, especially in defence, Guardiola's side should bolster their squad in the upcoming transfer window.

Cody Drameh – one for the future
At the same time, the Cityzens should also have an eye on the future and continue to add to their youth ranks. Especially considering that the transfer market is set to be affected by the coronavirus crisis.

Manchester City have some of the finest young talents in England coming through their youth setup. Phil Foden is already a household name, while Eric Garcia has also become a regular first-team member.

Then there are likes of Adrian Bernabe and Lukas Nmecha, waiting in the wings. These players are regarded as the future of the club. And adding someone like Drameh to this contingent would only boost Manchester City's future prospects.

While the 18-year-old may not have broken into the first-team at Fulham yet, he has displayed his abilities with the reserves this season. His tally of 7 assists is the highest in the Premier League 2 this season. Furthermore, signing him would boost Manchester City's homegrown quota as well.

Verdict

Drameh has enjoyed a breakout season at the U23 level this season despite being just 18 years old. The Fulham right-back has shown immense potential so far. And while he is unlikely to walk into the Manchester City first-team right away, they would stand to benefit from his signing in the long run, while also adding to the contingent of their homegrown players.

https://www.mediareferee.com/2020/05/23/why-manchester-city-should-sign-cody-drameh-with-an-eye-on-the-future/

bog

Perhaps Cody should look at what happened to Patrick Roberts.

092.gif

WhiteJC

Quote from: bog on May 23, 2020, 10:24:33 AM
Perhaps Cody should look at what happened to Patrick Roberts.

092.gif

0001.jpeg