more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Championship Playoff Final - 2 Years Today

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 26, 2020, 02:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Championship Playoff Final - 2 Years Today

It's 2 years to the day, that we beat Aston Villa at Wembley in the Championship Playoff final, to claim our place in the Premier League.

Unfortunately, our stay in the Premier League never lived up to those expectations, however, it shouldn't overshadow what a fantastic day it was, and was most likely the best day in the history of most FFC fans.

With that in mind, what are your memories from that day? Did you go alone? Did you take family or friend? Were you part of the white wall? What was your day actually like, where did it start, where did it end?

So many things were going on that glorious, hot, sunny day, that it's impossible to list them all, but thought we'd give you the opportunity to share them with us below, so please get writing.

If you can upload any pictures, that would be great!  049:gif

Russianrob

Surreal Day.Best Day of my 60+ year life including wedding day and birth of 2 children not twins! Is this an exaggeration or would anyone else put it in the category of best day of life?How might it be surpassed?

bog

About this time on the day I had just walked up the steps into the sunshine of the stadium, one of the many memorable moments of that magical day I will never forget. Thanks Slav.  :54: 049:gif

092.gif

Fernhurst

THIS IS STUPID!

The play-off programme has just started on FFCTV and I'm nervous.... bloody ridiculous  :dft001:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ALG01

Apart from the obvious my bnig memories were not being able to get the car park in time and it was clear there was a danger we would miss KO. I got my boy to knock on the doors of people in the road where we were stuck and ask if we could leave our car on their drive. Mostly the answer was no or it's already taken but at the very last door a very kind lady allowed us to use her drive.

She wouldn't take a penny but after the game we found a shop selling stuff and I got her the best box of chocolates they had.

It was one of those days.

Fulham 442

Quote from: ALG01 on May 26, 2020, 04:40:25 PM
Apart from the obvious my bnig memories were not being able to get the car park in time and it was clear there was a danger we would miss KO. I got my boy to knock on the doors of people in the road where we were stuck and ask if we could leave our car on their drive. Mostly the answer was no or it's already taken but at the very last door a very kind lady allowed us to use her drive.

She wouldn't take a penny but after the game we found a shop selling stuff and I got her the best box of chocolates they had.
It was one of those days.

What a lovely story!  And what a fabulous day out it was.  Surprisingly I wasn't nervous at all.  I headed off to Wembley and I said to every Fulham fan I saw on the way "We are going to win".  I just knew it....Even when Denis got sent off I didn't feel worried.  It was our day.  I felt the same when we beat Juve at the Cottage.
Happy days and happy memories.  So glad I was there!

Burt

Top day. Was in a group of 15 or so, all in white. None of us sat down or shut up for the duration!

It was a privilege to be surrounded by so many other whites, and was on a par for Hamburg in terms of experience.

Fernhurst

Quite wonderful day, just finished watching the replay on FFCtv.
For those who like laugh I recommend the zoom interviews currently available again on FFCtv. They managed to get the Playoff team back together and Kevin MacDonald stars as Jester in Chief. Found it hilarious.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 26, 2020, 04:28:55 PM
THIS IS STUPID!

The play-off programme has just started on FFCTV and I'm nervous.... bloody ridiculous  :dft001:
I have just watched the re run and once again my heart was in my mouth during those 20/25 minutes with ten men.
With the benefit of hindsight I now realise just how good that team was. Surely if we had kept it together by paying big money for Targett and somehow persuading Fredricks to stay and buying a top centre back we would have survived in the premier league.