more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 25/05/20...

Started by WhiteJC, May 25, 2020, 08:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham midfielder Zambo Anguissa plays down Real Madrid links

The Cameroon international has been in fine form on loan at Villarreal in Spain this season, leading to whispers the Bernabeu side are interested

Andre Zambo Anguissa has laughed off speculation linking him with an unlikely summer transfer to Real Madrid.

The former Marseille player is currently under contract with Fulham in the Championship but has spent the last season on loan at Villarreal, where his performances have caught the eye.

Indeed, so well has he played, he has been touted by some members of the local press as a potential addition to Zinedine Zidane's squad. The powerful 24-year-old, however, claims to know nothing of such speculation and says that there has been no contact made over a potential switch.

"No, no, no, I can't confirm anything at all," he told Canal+ Sport Afrique. "I'm not someone who reads or listens to rumours.

"My agent and I have a deal. He manages everything around me and I just focus on the park. At the end of the season, we will take stock of where we are and see if there is anything interesting.

"I can't say there was any contact with anyone. I would be lying to you."

Zambo Anguissa began his career with Marseille, where he made more than 100 appearances before making a big-money move to Fulham in the summer of 2018. The Cameroon international failed to live up to his price tag as the Cottagers suffered a difficult campaign in the Premier League, which ultimately ended in relegation.

He has not featured at all in their push to win a place back in the top-flight this season, which currently has the Craven Cottage side third in the Championship, six points behind West Bromwich Albion in the second automatic promotion spot.

Out on loan at Villarreal, he has proven something of a hit, turning out 25 times in the Primera Division, scoring once and creating another for the side that sits eighth in the standings.

On Saturday, it was confirmed that Spanish football will be able to resume after an unscheduled three-month break because of the coronavirus pandemic, with play due to resume on the weekend of June 9. Villarreal remain in the hunt for European football next season, having won 11 and drawn five of their 27 fixtures.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fulham-midfielder-zambo-anguissa-real-madrid-links/getp2iskquzm11fbem81ftfio

WhiteJC

Fulham man addresses transfer links with Real Madrid

Fulham midfielder Andre Zambo Anguissa has addressed reports linking him with a potential move to Real Madrid, suggesting he has not had any contact with the Spanish club.

The 24-year-old has impressed on loan at Villareal this term – featuring 28 times for Javier Calleja's side and helping them climb to eighth.

It is understood that the Spanish club will not exercise their option to buy Anguissa at the end of the season but it appears there may be interest from elsewhere in La Liga.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Real Madrid are considering a move for the Fulham midfielder, who they see as a cut-price option in the upcoming transfer window.

Anguissa has addressed the rumours concerning his future in a recent interview with Canal+ Sport Afrique.

He said: "No, no, no, I can't confirm anything at all.

"I'm not someone who reads or listens to rumours.

"My agent and I have a deal. He manages everything around me and I just focus on the park. At the end of the season, we will take stock of where we are and see if there is anything interesting.

"I can't say there was any contact with anyone. I would be lying to you."

The 24-year-old arrived at Craven Cottage after the club's promotion to the Premier League last summer – signing from Marseille for a club-record £30 million fee.

Anguissa appeared 25 times for Fulham last season but has not featured for them since they were relegated back into the Championship.

The midfielder still has three years left on his current deal with the West London club but at this point it remains unclear where his future lies.

The Verdict

Anguissa has turned some heads with his performances in La Liga this season but it seems that there hasn't been any contact from Real Madrid, or others, yet. Either that or he is unwilling to reveal it.

It is going to be very interesting to see where the midfielder is playing his football next season, particularly if Fulham are promoted.

If they're back in the Premier League, could we see the 24-year-old reclaim a place in Scott Parker's side or has that ship sailed? Only time will tell.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-man-addresses-transfer-links-with-real-madrid/

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk: The Championship Play-Off Final 2018 Revisited

Take a listen to a podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

In this episode, Cottage Talk co-hosts Emilio Di Nello, Steve Liddiard, Max Cohen, and Yannis Tjanetis looked back at the magical day for Fulham two years ago at Wembley.

You can also listen to the show on by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2020/5/24/21269167/cottage-talk-the-championship-play-off-final-2018-revisited

WhiteJC

Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson warns '50 or 60 clubs' could go bust

Phil Hodgkinson completed a takeover at Huddersfield last year

English football's pyramid will be destroyed unless the game starts to plan for the financial impact of Covid-19 beyond the 2019-20 season, says Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson.

Hodgkinson thinks as many as "50 or 60" clubs could go bust.

He says he is looking at a "worst-case scenario" of no fans allowed in stadiums for the 2020-21 season.

"The problem is not whether we finish [this] season or not, it is what happens after that," he told BBC Sport.

Having previously owned National League North side Southport, Hodgkinson has experience of the hand-to-mouth existence of many lower-league clubs.

"If we don't come to an agreement there will be no football pyramid. There are clubs I know of that are only still trading because they are deferring wages and [tax] and other creditors. They will need paying at some point," Hodgkinson said.

"There is an absolutely real, stark probability that if something isn't agreed now within football to ensure all clubs can pay their bills and get through to the point where income is resumed, you will be looking at 50 or 60 clubs ceasing to exist. Genuinely, I am talking about that many."

'What is football going to do to ensure the entire pyramid survives?'
Hodgkinson says Huddersfield, three points above the Championship relegation zone, want the season to restart "when it is safe", with clubs set to return to training on Monday.

But he says the game "is not looking at the bigger picture", with the main focus being on restarting the current season.

"It will cost each club between £150,000 and £200,000 for testing to get to the end of the season," he said. "But what happens after that?

"We have been told by the government that there will be no large gatherings until there is a vaccine and that is likely to be in 2021. That means football clubs will lose a vast proportion of their income outside of any broadcast money, which is likely to be significantly reduced or clawed back anyway.

"In normal revenue, we are looking at losing between £7m and £10m. The claw-back for TV is going to be £10m-£30m. That is just us. So, what is football going to do to ensure the entire pyramid survives this? The discussion is being avoided. For the next three, six or 12 months clubs are going to have no income."

One solution Hodgkinson has suggested is reducing players' wages at every level of the game.

"The players are not to blame," he said. "But the reality is, the players have to be part of the solution because if clubs go bust, their contracts won't get met anyway.

"They may not like me saying this, but [players' union] the PFA need to put in place salary cuts of between 30% and 50% for all players at all levels until such a time as crowds are allowed back into football stadiums and income streams return.

"These are ideas. They may not be the right ones. But something has to be done because everyone knows what is coming and people are just sticking their heads in the sand."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371