Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: twang on July 14, 2020, 02:45:31 PM
From Sky Sports Transfer Centre:

DICKIE TARGETED BY CHAMP CLUBS

A number of Sky Bet Championship clubs are ready to make a move for Oxford United captain Rob Dickie, following the team's defeat in the League One play off final yesterday, Sky Sports News understands.

It's thought it would take a fee of between £2-3million would get the deal done.

Nottingham Forest and Fulham are leading the chase for the centre back, and now that Oxford are facing a further season in the third tier of English football, a flurry of bids are expected for the 24-year-old.

Read that too, but I know nothing about Dixie.    If we gain promotion is he likely to see the field at all?  I know he's younger than Tim Ream, but is he better?

JimOG

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 10, 2020, 07:55:35 PM
Karlan Grant is being wasted at Huddersfield.   They may actually go down.

I'd take him and have Kongolo come back next season to supplement our current squad.

Grant can play as a striker and as a winger.  He scored 18 goals this year.

Kongolo now out of contract??

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: JimOG on July 14, 2020, 04:52:38 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 10, 2020, 07:55:35 PM
Karlan Grant is being wasted at Huddersfield.   They may actually go down.

I'd take him and have Kongolo come back next season to supplement our current squad.

Grant can play as a striker and as a winger.  He scored 18 goals this year.

Come back on loan.

I already mentioned Karlan Grant.

Also would love to bring in Arvin Appiah of Forest.   Good youth winger prospect with pace.   Not a starter, but someone to grow with the squad, with amazing pace.

Mince n Tatties

According to Danny Owen on the net(whoever he is),us and Forest are after 32yo F C Koln striker Simon Terodde.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 15, 2020, 09:17:18 PM
According to Danny Owen on the net(whoever he is),us and Forest are after 32yo F C Koln striker Simon Terodde.
Simon Terodde is an absolute goal scoring machine in Bundesliga 2, with a lower minutes per goal than Mitrovic in the Championship. If we lose Mitrovic, these player wouldn't be much of a downgrade and that's hard to find.

Mince n Tatties

RP24

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Hatch007

[/quote]

He's got two more years left on his contract with Huddersfield according to this:
http://www.football-oranje.com/az-in-talks-with-huddersfield-town-for-kongolo/

fulhamben

Quote from: Hatch007 on July 20, 2020, 11:50:01 PM

He's got two more years left on his contract with Huddersfield according to this:
http://www.football-oranje.com/az-in-talks-with-huddersfield-town-for-kongolo/
[/quote]yep, he only signed for them in June 2018 so no way is he out of contract

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on July 20, 2020, 11:35:31 PM
Quote from: Robertprocter1 on July 20, 2020, 11:32:03 PM
Sky reporting that Villarreal have bid €25m for zambo
gutted

If we sell Anguissa for €25m, that will be an FFP profit of €7m and an amortization reduction of €6m. An extra  €13m should be enough to cover most of the parachute payment reduction and so keep Mitro and Cairney.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2020, 12:37:53 AM
gutted

If we sell Anguissa for €25m, that will be an FFP profit of €7m and an amortization reduction of €6m. An extra  €13m should be enough to cover most of the parachute payment reduction and so keep Mitro and Cairney.
dont care, I want to keep zambo.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: fulhamben on July 21, 2020, 12:45:07 AM
gutted

We can probably make €13m by selling Cairney instead of Anguissa, which may be a better option for FFC's team balance long-term, especially if we lose Reed and Arter as expected but keep Seri, Onamah and Reid as is likely.

AnOldBrownie

gutted

I'm not, and I like him.    Right now I'd rather invest some of that money in keeping Harrison Reed, and bringing in an even better striker/winger...if we gain promotion.   

How much do people think Karlan Grant would go for this off season if we gain promotion?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2020, 01:16:38 AM
gutted

We can probably make €13m by selling Cairney instead of Anguissa, which may be a better option for FFC's team balance long-term, especially if we lose Reed and Arter as expected but keep Seri, Onamah and Reid as is likely.

I've now seen two games with Seri playing for Galatasaray.

If I never see him wearing a Fulham kit again I may have to throw a party.  Harrison Reed has made my dislike of how Seri plays ball grow.   I don't want him as a sub either.

Hopefully they'll bid 100 pounds for him and we'll sell.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 21, 2020, 01:23:55 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2020, 01:16:38 AM
gutted

I've now seen two games with Seri playing for Galatasaray.

If I never see him wearing a Fulham kit again I may have to throw a party.  Harrison Reed has made my dislike of how Seri plays ball grow.   I don't want him as a sub either.

Hopefully they'll bid 100 pounds for him and we'll sell.

Selling Seri for £100 reduces the amount SK can give Fulham in the summer 2020 by £6,999,900. And, probably means we have sell Mitrovic to balance the books, surely sending Seri on loan makes more sense.

Tempest

gutted

Mitro is off, promotion or not, the new bumper contract was to keep him here to get us up and if we don't then we'd also get a decent fee.

100% not at the cottage next season whenever that may be.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Tempest on July 21, 2020, 06:12:02 AM
gutted

Mitro is off, promotion or not, the new bumper contract was to keep him here to get us up and if we don't then we'd also get a decent fee. 100% not at the cottage next season whenever that may be.

True, FFP rules have a pretty clear outcome that medium-sized clubs must sell their successful players on to marginal bigger clubs, and clubs must keep their flops (or loan them out) until their contract expires. I'll miss Mitro.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Tempest on July 21, 2020, 06:12:02 AM
gutted

Mitro is off, promotion or not, the new bumper contract was to keep him here to get us up and if we don't then we'd also get a decent fee.

100% not at the cottage next season whenever that may be.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Is this true? If so...if promoted I'd make Karlan and Ben Godfrey our #1 priorities. Seems odd that we can't keep Mitro if promoted.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

Of course we can keep Mitro,and he wants to stay I believe... Nonsense being talked about.