Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: Statto on September 16, 2020, 01:31:22 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 16, 2020, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: keithh on September 16, 2020, 10:56:17 AM
Said before that waiting for something to happen is a tad frustrating. I log on every late morning & early evening hoping for transfer news and although I mostly enjoy the banter (although even that is beginning to get repetitive) I am beginning to get impatient with the club's seemingly inaction. I pen this hoping that immediately after I press send I'm proved wrong.
Isn't that the key word though? Statistically unproven but I'd put money on > 99.9% of posters on this thread not actually knowing what is happening.  (Including me)

Quite right, no one on here knows what's happening behind the scenes. But if you instruct a builder to build a wall, give him the bricks, mortar, labour and go away for a week, then you come back and there is no wall, you don't need to be an expert in building or to know what happened all week in order to be aggrieved, you just know there is no wall. And there is no centre back. That's all we need to know really.

Yes you havent agreed on a price so that why the builder didnt start, and the job he was previous on he hasnt finish so he got to get the ok that they happy with his previous job before he start on yours one the price has been agreed

We Are Premier League

Quote from: spikey norman on September 16, 2020, 01:38:05 PM
Leverkusen value Tah at £33 million

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/16/report-fulham-want-33m-ace-in-potential-club-record-deal-face-leicester-battle/

Well, lets put some comparables out there...

Should probably be less than Ake at 40 and more than Kock at 12.

Can't believe i'm saying this but his experiance is probably better than Magalhães (25m) as well..

That leaves him in the 25-40m space, the lower end of that IMO.

Deal at 29.99?

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 16, 2020, 01:59:07 PM

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/16/report-fulham-want-33m-ace-in-potential-club-record-deal-face-leicester-battle/

Can't believe i'm saying this but his experiance is probably better than Magalhães (25m) as well..

Deal at 29.99?

Someone in there to solidify the back wont be cheap. Especially as clubs now know how desperate we are.  Tony has to cough up in a position we are screaming for upgrading!

Nero

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 16, 2020, 02:03:55 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 16, 2020, 01:59:07 PM

Deal at 29.99?

Someone in there to solidify the back wont be cheap. Especially as clubs now know how desperate we are.  Tony has to cough up in a position we are screaming for upgrading!

we are only screaming as much as the other premier league teams that let in 3+ over the weekend but at least we had half a second string out

itombomb

Riversider

As good as Tah is, it might all be a bit of a waste of money unless we buy a Premier League class centre half to play alongside him,
We need to be like Villa now and hold our nerve and keep going, no reason at all why we cant finish above Burnley, Sheff Utd and WBA, just need to hold our nerve and show some courage.

Craven Mad

Jonny Evans and Tomori (loan) would bring Prem experience at a much lower combined cost than Tah. Would be great to have Tah here, but I think we can use money more wisely upfront getting in those two (assuming they're available) and Josh King.

WestSussexWhite

There is no way Leicester will give us Jonny Evans, he's first choice there

JoeS

The way I see it is this:

Goalkeepers: Rodak and Areola more than good enough and Fabri is currently still on the books too.

Defence: Tete is our new starting RB and Hector/Bryan won't be replaced. We have back-up for Bryan with the signing of Robinson but if Hector gets injured we have...Odoi. We need two CBs (a starting LCB to replace Ream and another as backup for Hector).

Midfield: Think we need another CDM as currently we only have Reed and McDonald. We also need another creative player who can make something out of nothing.

Attack: I think we need cover for Mitrovic and another quality winger as our's are currently championship-quality. We can't rely on Mitro in the prem despite his quality, we need goals from other areas and can't see any of our current wingers chipping in with enough goals currently but happy to be proved wrong.

This seems like a huge list but I think this is what we need to successfully stay up, although no doubt we could probably add only a few quality additions in some of these positions and be fine.

My suggestions would be: Kabasele/Smalling/Tah/Rojo/Jones/Godfrey (CB) Florentino Luis (CDM), Emi Buendia (attacking midfielder), Josh King (attacker), Andre Gray (striker)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: JoeS on September 16, 2020, 03:16:52 PM

Goalkeepers: Rodak and Areola more than good enough and Fabri is currently still on the books too.

Defence: Tete is our new starting RB and Hector/Bryan won't be replaced. We have back-up for Bryan with the signing of Robinson but if Hector gets injured we have...Odoi. We need two CBs (a starting LCB to replace Ream and another as backup for Hector).

Midfield: Think we need another CDM as currently we only have Reed and McDonald. We also need another creative player who can make something out of nothing.

Attack: I think we need cover for Mitrovic and another quality winger as our's are currently championship-quality. We can't rely on Mitro in the prem despite his quality, we need goals from other areas and can't see any of our current wingers chipping in with enough goals currently but happy to be proved wrong.

This seems like a huge list but I think this is what we need to successfully stay up, although no doubt we could probably add only a few quality additions in some of these positions and be fine.

My suggestions would be: Kabasele/Smalling/Tah/Rojo/Jones/Godfrey (CB) Florentino Luis (CDM), Emi Buendia (attacking midfielder), Josh King (attacker), Andre Gray (striker)

Where does Aina fit in, isn't he a right back?

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 16, 2020, 03:18:49 PM
Quote from: JoeS on September 16, 2020, 03:16:52 PM

Where does Aina fit in, isn't he a right back?

Wing back/right mid

RoyTund

gerrys

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 16, 2020, 12:50:55 PM
Quote from: gerrys on September 16, 2020, 11:47:46 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 16, 2020, 10:45:16 AM
Quote from: sarnian on September 16, 2020, 10:16:59 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 16, 2020, 09:21:49 AM
Tah is (unfortunately) not going to join a team that, at this point, are odds against to get relegated. Why would he want that on his CV at this point? Let's not waste team (as we allegedly did with Hinteregger) and go after some realistic targets and get them in quick. It's already now probably too late for Leeds. So, if we lose that, the lost of targets narrows still further (as we edge towards even more likely relegation).

I have to say, I am quite shocked that no CB has been brought in yet. It's possibly a bigger mess up than 18/19. Sigh.

/

Hangeland joined when we were even bigger certainties to go down.

Hangeland was coming from the Norwegian league so it was an enormous step up in his career.

I thought that we bought him from Copenhagen who do play in Champions League.......surely that's in Denmark.....

Yes, I meant Danish league and someone had already pointed it out. I didn't feel the need to edit as it's obviously a quickly typed basic error. I have been to Copenhagen twice, the first on the way to our Hamburg final - a long around the houses trip to avoid the hastily increased airfares - beautiful city. Anyway... I am also aware of the CL link but if you can't see the difference between the two then I'm not sure anything I can say can help you in this matter.
No worry......mine was a random response to one of the two that said he came from the Norwegian League....

Bracken White

Seems that some of the comments above smack of just what didn't work 2 years ago.
We need to keep our team's backbone & strengthen strategically - by that a back-up CF & another CH - NOT high priced mercenaries for other positions we have covered.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Deeping_white

?s=21

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 16, 2020, 06:31:43 PM
?s=21

What's wrong with him?

He's 22 and tall...

Watching him from 3 years ago.    Might as well bring him in for depth with potential to get more minutes.

Tabby

Probably depends on if City are willing to sell, can't see him just being a loan without a clause to buy.

finknottle

Quote from: Tabby on September 16, 2020, 06:34:52 PM

Probably depends on if City are willing to sell, can't see him just being a loan without a clause to buy.

He's out of contract in June.

Deeping_white

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 16, 2020, 06:34:10 PM
?s=21

What's wrong with him?

He's 22 and tall...

Watching him from 3 years ago.    Might as well bring him in for depth with potential to get more minutes.

Out of contract next summer so got to go if he won't renew!