Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Quote from: river phoenix on June 06, 2020, 02:59:18 PM
Quote from: Penfold on June 06, 2020, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 06, 2020, 11:07:18 AM
Quote from: Penfold on June 06, 2020, 10:50:39 AM
I wouldn't think that the fee would be anything like £25m. That would significantly break Villareal's transfer record and I wouldn't think they would smash it over a defensive midfield player. Seeing as we've now written off 50% of Anguissa's fee, I'd expect it to be just over half of what we paid.
Why would Fulham sell him for less than what they bought him for? Scott Parker rates him and he has 2 years left on his current deal.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Clubs regularly sell players at less than they paid for them. We obviously don't know exactly what's in the deal. However, it was struck last summer when Anguissa's stock was not exactly high. I would have thought we would have structured something that meant we wouldn't make FFP loss on him.

I read somewhere that Villarreal have a option to buy him for 25m euros, so we don`t have to sell him for less, especially because he restored his value this season (Real Madrid is interested also).

Well that would be decent business. Not sure what the current exchange rate is!

Mullers OG

Summer transfer business is going to be unusually difficult as no-one knows which division we will be in.  Once the club does know time will be very short so they probably have to have two quite different groups of targets lined up.

If we do go up then let's hope the mistakes made last time are not repeated.  The nucleus of a premier division side is already there with Rodak, Hector, Bryan, Cav, Cairney and Mitro.  Some of the others are good enough to fill in or cover such as Betts, Sess, Odoi, Mawson (if fit), Kongolo (if he stays), Knock (Ditto), Onamah, Reid, SteffJo.  One or two youngsters will possibly make the grade, such as O'Riley or Stansfield.  What is lacking is adequate cover for Mitro, cover at both full back positions and wide players capable of tracking back like Davies, or for that matter Ayite.  One or two class signings will be necessary, and preferably, players with both experience of playing in the premiership and who also want to play for FFC.  The books can be cleared of those clearly not good enough such as MlM, Opoku, Kamara or those, such as Kebano, who somehow don't fit in with the manager's plans.

In the championship it all depends on who stays.  If Mitro goes then that is a huge hole to fill.  Otherwise most of the players will, I guess, stay and decisions will have to be made as to which of the current loan players are signed permanently.

Fulham 442

Quote from: bobby01 on June 06, 2020, 10:05:38 AM
I think reed is a decent player, bad luck with injuries this year, but highly thought of by saints fans

I thought Reed looked good when I saw him play but as you say he has had bad luck with injuries.  He is now raring to go apparently so will be interesting to see how he does.  I thought we had to be promoted to sign Arter?  Not that I want him whether we go up or not.  He has more aggression than talent.  I think Knockhaert is too inconsistent and seems to have off field problems that drastically affect his game.  I would love to see Babel back!

Jims Dentist

Quote from: @jolslover on June 04, 2020, 01:32:20 PM
I wouldn't have Arter if we go up, their is a reason Bournemouth discarded him (who are now in danger of relegation).

He is not a premier league player
Agree.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 03, 2020, 09:27:59 PM
Fulham have option to sign AFC Bournemouth favourite on permanent deal

Fulham have the option to sign AFC BOURNEMOUTH LOANEE HARRY ARTER ON A PERMANENT BASIS.

The Cottagers signed him on loan last summer with the view to a permanent deal this summer, as detailed on their official club website when he joined last August.

Arter, who is 30 years old, has made 21 appearances in all competitions for Scott Parkers side this season.

They face a decision to make on whether he has a long-term future at Craven Cottage.

The midfielder still has a year left on his contract at Bournemouth but is likely to leave them this summer, even if Fulham opt against signing him. He has fallen down the pecking order with the Cherries and was also loaned out to Cardiff City last season.

Arter's chances of joining Fulham on a permanent basis could depend on what league they are in next term. If he can help them gain promotion to the Premier League when the season resumes then they may decide to exercise their option.

The ex-Charlton Athletic man signed for Bournemouth from Woking in 2010 and has since played 255 games for Eddie Howe's side, helping them get from League One to the top flight during his 10 years there.

However, Arter's lengthy association with the Cherries could come to an end soon if Fulham decide to sign him. They also have the same decision to make with Anthony Knockaert, who is on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion.

Fulham currently sit 3rd in league table, six points behind West Brom in 2nd.

https://the72.co.uk/170250/fulham-have-option-to-sign-afc-bournemouth-favourite-on-permanent-deal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
.NO

filham

Nine, possibly twelve matches left to play . We must now wait to see how players perform under the most unusual conditions, the pressure is really on the team and their will never be a better time to judge character.

We may find that certain players unexpectedly do well and become more valuable to the manager than any player available in the transfer market, transfers must certainly go on hold until the end of the season.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on June 07, 2020, 10:45:20 AM
Nine, possibly twelve matches left to play . We must now wait to see how players perform under the most unusual conditions, the pressure is really on the team and their will never be a better time to judge character.

We may find that certain players unexpectedly do well and become more valuable to the manager than any player available in the transfer market, transfers must certainly go on hold until the end of the season.

If two or three players can prove themselves to be Premier League worthy material by the end of the season (eg Mawson, Bryan, Onamah and Reid), then we will have a lot more money to spend on each gap.

Mullers OG

Gone very quiet this topic.

If Barnsley go down, as they probably will, can we get Cauley back?  He's looking the player we always hoped he might become and is far better than any back up for Mitro we have at the moment.  The day might come when Stansfield will come through but at the moment the cupboard looks bare.

Mince n Tatties

Is the window officially open,you can buy but they can't take part in this season to finish games.
Its all getting me confused😵

filham

Quote from: Mullers OG on June 15, 2020, 07:08:47 PM

If Barnsley go down, as they probably will, can we get Cauley back?  He's looking the player we always hoped he might become and is far better than any back up for Mitro we have at the moment.  The day might come when Stansfield will come through but at the moment the cupboard looks bare.
Cauley back at the Cottage, well worth a try and it shouldn't cost a lot either.

AnOldBrownie

If Anguissa is back (which I hope he is) I wouldn't mind looking at Pierre Kunde Malong to play in the midfield along with him and Cairney (if we all agree Cairney can start at the next level).

Yes, I'd prefer to get an under the age of 25 CDM who has a ton of premier league experience...but who is that player that won't cost 40 million?

Fulham need a better version of Calum Chambers in the midfield, and that type of player won't be cheap.

SP

Quote from: filham on June 17, 2020, 11:59:00 AM
Quote from: Mullers OG on June 15, 2020, 07:08:47 PM

Cauley back at the Cottage, well worth a try and it shouldn't cost a lot either.

If I recall correctly, weren't they looking for £5m?

Fernhurst

Fulham need a better version of Calum Chambers in the midfield, and that type of player won't be cheap.

My suggestion would be Ryan Christie from Celtic. Talented and intelligent lad who could turn in to our version of John McGinn. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 17, 2020, 09:52:08 PM

My suggestion would be Ryan Christie from Celtic. Talented and intelligent lad who could turn in to our version of John McGinn.

Is he good defensively?     I like him, but picking him up would still leave us looking for a CDM (whose #1 thought is slowing down attacks).  We need a Fernandinho type midfielder.    Can cover the entire pitch with tons of energy.

Riverside

What is the position with Odoi - he had a one year extension that we could take up I think . Have we or is he out this summer ?
I would like him to stay ( though not as a starter )

Kebano is also out of contract this summer ?
If we stay in the Championship he should also stay
If we go up sadly not

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 03, 2020, 09:27:59 PM
Fulham have option to sign AFC Bournemouth favourite on permanent deal

Fulham have the option to sign AFC BOURNEMOUTH LOANEE HARRY ARTER ON A PERMANENT BASIS.

The Cottagers signed him on loan last summer with the view to a permanent deal this summer, as detailed on their official club website when he joined last August.

Arter, who is 30 years old, has made 21 appearances in all competitions for Scott Parkers side this season.

They face a decision to make on whether he has a long-term future at Craven Cottage.

The midfielder still has a year left on his contract at Bournemouth but is likely to leave them this summer, even if Fulham opt against signing him. He has fallen down the pecking order with the Cherries and was also loaned out to Cardiff City last season.

Arter's chances of joining Fulham on a permanent basis could depend on what league they are in next term. If he can help them gain promotion to the Premier League when the season resumes then they may decide to exercise their option.

The ex-Charlton Athletic man signed for Bournemouth from Woking in 2010 and has since played 255 games for Eddie Howe's side, helping them get from League One to the top flight during his 10 years there.

However, Arter's lengthy association with the Cherries could come to an end soon if Fulham decide to sign him. They also have the same decision to make with Anthony Knockaert, who is on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion.

Fulham currently sit 3rd in league table, six points behind West Brom in 2nd.

https://the72.co.uk/170250/fulham-have-option-to-sign-afc-bournemouth-favourite-on-permanent-deal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
No thanks.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 28, 2020, 01:59:24 PM
FULHAM HAVE AN OPTION TO SIGN SOUTHAMPTON LOANEE HARRISON REED ON A PERMANENT BASIS.

The midfielder joined the Cottagers on loan last year and Scott Parker's can sign him permanently if they want this summer, as announced by their official club website last August.

The big question is will the London side exercise this option at the end of this season?

Reed, who is 25 years old, has made 17 appearances for Fulham in all competitions. He adds more options and depth to their midfield department but has suffered with injury since his move to Craven Cottage.

If the campaign resumes, the ex-England Under-20 international could play a key part in Fulham's pursuit of a promotion to the Premier League.

Reed is a product of the Southampton academy and has played 30 times for thier first-team, but has never quite managed to nail down a regular spot in their side.

He has spent the past three seasons out on loan in the Championship at Norwich City, Blackburn Rovers and now Fulham and has racked up plenty of experience.

The midfielder still has a year left on his contract at St Mary's but Fulham will be weighing up whether to exercise their option to sign him permanently. They used a similar clause to land Ivan Caveleiro from Wolves in the January transfer window.

Reed's chances of a permanent move to Craven Cottage may depend on what league they are playing in next term. Parker's men currently sit 3rd in the table and are six points behind West Brom in 2nd.

https://the72.co.uk/169106/fulham-have-option-to-sign-southampton-midfielder-on-permanent-basis/
A big yes
If the price and intensive medical work out.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: @jolslover on June 04, 2020, 01:32:20 PM
I wouldn't have Arter if we go up, their is a reason Bournemouth discarded him (who are now in danger of relegation).

He is not a premier league player
✔✔

Jims Dentist

Quote from: DevonFFC on June 06, 2020, 09:22:00 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 06, 2020, 01:39:53 AM
Quote from: Penfold on June 04, 2020, 09:15:01 PM

However, should Villarreal exercise their option on Anguissa he could well be off our books.

Which should free up 25 million, to purchase a player better than both Arter or Reed in our midfield.

Personally think reed is a very tidy player.
✔✔

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 06, 2020, 05:56:37 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on June 06, 2020, 10:05:38 AM
I think reed is a decent player, bad luck with injuries this year, but highly thought of by saints fans

I thought Reed looked good when I saw him play but as you say he has had bad luck with injuries.  He is now raring to go apparently so will be interesting to see how he does.  I thought we had to be promoted to sign Arter?  Not that I want him whether we go up or not.  He has more aggression than talent.  I think Knockhaert is too inconsistent and seems to have off field problems that drastically affect his game.  I would love to see Babel back!
Very well said 442.