watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Its that time of year again when we wait in anticipation of potential signings (if during these times there are going to be any).
Gareth Bale anyone?..😁

humussapiens

So far:
Petrus Boumal, FC URAL, midfielder
Rob Dickie, Oxford United, central defender

Although priority over new signings should be given to sort out the situation with loan players - Reed, Arter, Kongolo... 

The Rational Fan

We have a number of players that have played well this season including Rodak, Hector, Bryan, Cairney, Mitro, and Cav. If the season continues, then there is a lot of time for players such as S.Sess, Mawson, Reed, Onamah, Knockaert, and Kamara to also impress us and make the club change its transfer targets.

I have seen Rob Dickie statistics and without even watching him know he is clearly much too good for League One, if we can pick him up at the right price, he'll be a nice squad addition for backup at RCB, LCB and RB.

river phoenix

Quote from: humussapiens on May 27, 2020, 10:24:09 AM
So far:
Petrus Boumal, FC URAL, midfielder
Rob Dickie, Oxford United, central defender

Although priority over new signings should be given to sort out the situation with loan players - Reed, Arter, Kongolo...

Add Connor Goldson to that list. Glasgow Rangers centre-back.

@jolslover

I saw Babel post on Instagram saying he hopes to be back with Fulham

Would you guys have him back? I think he could do a job for a year (Prem or Champ) - only problem is his age.

STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on May 27, 2020, 02:31:11 PM

Would you guys have him back? I think he could do a job for a year (Prem or Champ) - only problem is his age.

Definitely have him back.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes, I would have him back, he is quality and still quick, and I like his manner, commitment, and body language.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Or other almost buys - Jordan Henderson, Andre Pierre Gignac, antoine griezmann

General

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 27, 2020, 02:50:01 PM

Definitely have him back.

+1 - great to see him play for us and just as good to know he still values the club, even though he's playing at Ajax. Top players like that rarely lose their class on the ball and also act as a point of inspiration for other players to come and also for those who train with them at the club. Crazy to think of him as a player for us, similar to berbatov when we signed him, Duff and Murphy - these were household names who'd played for big clubs and done well.. Gudjohsen, Andy Cole, Schurrle...

I'd also consider taking back Schurrle - if we built a proper defensive unit and built up the squad sensibly, without disrupting it too much I think he could do better for us, given a more stable platform.

filham

We have nine matches yet to play plus perhaps three play off games. Too early for this kind of speculation but I would say that it is most important that we concentrate in keeping our best players, in particular, Mitro, Rodac and Hector. Be sure that if we fail in our promotion bid then vultures will be ready to swoop.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on May 27, 2020, 03:36:32 PM
We have nine matches yet to play plus perhaps three play off games. Too early for this kind of speculation but I would say that it is most important that we concentrate in keeping our best players, in particular, Mitro, Rodac and Hector. Be sure that if we fail in our promotion bid then vultures will be ready to swoop.

If we win all the nine matches we get another £130m more to in TV money and another £23m in allowable losses, which changes everything.

Huxley

Goetze will be leaving Dortmund. He's had some health issues, mainly a metabolic disease, but would be a class addition with our possession based game and would offer competition for Cairney. Still has a killer pass. Would be a nice challenge for him to play in the Premier League..

General

Quote from: General on May 27, 2020, 03:25:49 PM
Or other almost buys - Jordan Henderson, Andre Pierre Gignac, antoine griezmann

Plus Victor Moses and Danny Drinkwater..

AnOldBrownie

All day every day.   He can play both winger positions and I rate him over the likes of Knockhaert.    I'd sign him as well as get an up and coming under 20 that can play the wing.

I also want Kongolo back (if he's healthy).   CB/LB quality, who could, hopefully make the same move Calum Chambers did (Holding Mid).

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: General on May 27, 2020, 03:30:08 PM
I'd also consider taking back Schurrle - if we built a proper defensive unit and built up the squad sensibly, without disrupting it too much I think he could do better for us, given a more stable platform.

To each his own, but I hated watching Schurrle in a Fulham kit.   He could hit a cracking goal every now and then, but he and Jean Michael Seri have been the most frustrating starting 11 players to watch on the squad in time that I've followed the squad.    Fulham isn't going to pull the level of holding mid needed to make their defensive woes worth the risk.   

The Rational Fan

Quote from: General on May 27, 2020, 03:30:08 PM

I'd also consider taking back Schurrle - if we built a proper defensive unit and built up the squad sensibly.

I would love to see Schurrle back, but only if we get him on Kebano's wages, on a free transfer, and he wants to fight for a spot on the bench.

Milo

Schurrle didn't want to play, did he?

Mysterious illness for weeks?

Lack of commitment when he was on the pitch?

Wouldn't personally want him back.

Babel would be a great addition if true.

The Rational Fan

If we go up we are going to need to spend a lot of money indeed, according to transfermarkt.
Bournemouth has 13 players worth > £8m.
Watford has 8 players worth > £8m.
Fulham has 2 players not counting loans worth > £8m.

Woolly Mammoth

Schurrie had no commitment to Fulham, a big time charlie looking for an easy pay day. Was not interested in getting his shorts dirty. He couldn't and wouldn't tackle a boiled egg or foul a footpath.
I cannot ever remember him playing a full 90 minutes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

The crucial game up at Burnley, which I attended, typified our season.

We took an early lead through a brilliant Schurrle strike, but failed dismally to hold on to our lead, with them putting our defence and keeper under an aerial bombardment which they couldn't deal with.and ended up losing a game  we should definitely have got something from, with some dodgy reffing also playing a role I seem to remember.

A similar story at West Ham a couple of weeks later, which i also had the misfortune to attend.

Schurrle had moments of brilliance and scored a coupe of great goals, but we needed players who could  drop back and tackle and cover, and who would leave the pitch totally drained, having given everything, and maybe we had too many in the team not prepared or able  to do that.

We needed more players with Babel's undoubted class, and commitment, or even if he had come to us at the start of the season, as well as  players who could win the ball and defend, and give their all for the cause.