more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 28, 2020, 04:40:54 AM
Schurrie had no commitment to Fulham, a big time charlie looking for an easy pay day. Was not interested in getting his shorts dirty. He couldn't and wouldn't tackle a boiled egg or foul a footpath.
I cannot ever remember him playing a full 90 minutes.

Completely agree. Schurrle was patchy going forward and far too greedy. But it was the non existent defensive side of his game that really let him down; "Tackle back, me? But I'm a Prima Donna, certainly not." Add in his obvious lack of motivation and it's a glaringly obvious no.

twang

Twig

Sting of the North

Quote from: Twig on May 28, 2020, 11:59:42 AM
Quote from: twang on May 28, 2020, 11:36:48 AM
Odoi could be heading to Turkish club Göztepe SK on a free transfer this summer:

https://www.sporx.com/goztepenin-transfer-surprizi-odoi-SXHBQ853881SXQ

I'd be sad to see him leave. Especially on a free.

We do have a club option for one more year, so it is in our hands entirely. The club would be absolutely mad not to use it given his versatility and relative low cost.

Friendsoffulham

FULHAM HAVE AN OPTION TO SIGN SOUTHAMPTON LOANEE HARRISON REED ON A PERMANENT BASIS.

The midfielder joined the Cottagers on loan last year and Scott Parker's can sign him permanently if they want this summer, as announced by their official club website last August.

The big question is will the London side exercise this option at the end of this season?

Reed, who is 25 years old, has made 17 appearances for Fulham in all competitions. He adds more options and depth to their midfield department but has suffered with injury since his move to Craven Cottage.

If the campaign resumes, the ex-England Under-20 international could play a key part in Fulham's pursuit of a promotion to the Premier League.

Reed is a product of the Southampton academy and has played 30 times for thier first-team, but has never quite managed to nail down a regular spot in their side.

He has spent the past three seasons out on loan in the Championship at Norwich City, Blackburn Rovers and now Fulham and has racked up plenty of experience.

The midfielder still has a year left on his contract at St Mary's but Fulham will be weighing up whether to exercise their option to sign him permanently. They used a similar clause to land Ivan Caveleiro from Wolves in the January transfer window.

Reed's chances of a permanent move to Craven Cottage may depend on what league they are playing in next term. Parker's men currently sit 3rd in the table and are six points behind West Brom in 2nd.

https://the72.co.uk/169106/fulham-have-option-to-sign-southampton-midfielder-on-permanent-basis/

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 28, 2020, 04:40:54 AM
Schurrie had no commitment to Fulham, a big time charlie looking for an easy pay day. Was not interested in getting his shorts dirty. He couldn't and wouldn't tackle a boiled egg or foul a footpath.
I cannot ever remember him playing a full 90 minutes.
Well said, we have seen that Schurle has no appetite for a premier league relegation fight and he doesn't want Championship football, why are we even talking about him.
Now Babel , yes please an immediate improvement on Reid or Knock.

The Rational Fan

The squad with a current contracts for next season are below:

#1 Rodak, Betts, Fabri  (sell option), Archer (renew option)
#2 S.Sess, Christie 
#3 Bryan, Odoi (renew option)
#4 Hector, Mawson   
#5 Ream, MLM, Kongolo (possible purchase)

#6 McDonald, Anguissa (sell option), Reed (buy option)
#8 Johansen, Seri (sell option), Arter (buy option)
#10 Cairney, Onamah

#7 Knockaert (buy option)
#9 Mitrovic, Kamara, Stansfield (awaits senior contract)
#11 Cavaleiro, Bobby Reid, Kebano (awaits new contract)

I suspect sorting out the right-winger and defensive midfield for the season will be the first priorities of the summer, before worrying about player upgrades.
Out of Knockaert, Arter, and Reed, I strongly suspect Harrison Reed is both a little cheaper and has more career remaining than the other two so much better value.

In addition, the coach probably needs to determine Bobby Reid's, Onamah's, and Arter's best positions. In the Championship, each of these players can play one position further back in the field that I placed them above but all of them would struggle defensively in these positions against quality attacks.

junior white

Never heard of a sell option in a contract before.

Re Odoi i thought his option was last year and we took it up hence why he is here this, didnt think he signed. Anew deal with another option, glad i was wrong though.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: junior white on May 29, 2020, 07:10:37 AM

Re Odoi i thought his option was last year and we took it up hence why he is here this, didnt think he signed. Anew deal with another option, glad i was wrong though.

When I said "sell option for Fulham", I meant that "another club has an option to buy Anguissa forcing Fulham to compulsorily sell". Last year, Fulham did have an option to extend Odoi contract by one year. They didn't extend his contract, but instead gave him a new contract of one year with another one year option. I hope they do that again.

junior white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 29, 2020, 09:56:12 AM
Quote from: junior white on May 29, 2020, 07:10:37 AM

When I said "sell option for Fulham", I meant that "another club has an option to buy Anguissa forcing Fulham to compulsorily sell". Last year, Fulham did have an option to extend Odoi contract by one year. They didn't extend his contract, but instead gave him a new contract of one year with another one year option. I hope they do that again.
Ah got it, not sure Villereal have an option as Real Madrid are linked with him but and were rumoured to have enquired.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: junior white on May 29, 2020, 10:24:03 AM
Ah got it, not sure Villereal has an option as Real Madrid are linked with him but and were rumored to have enquired.

AC Milan enquired about Stef Jo last year, Roma enquired about Christie earlier this year and Real Madrid are interested in Anguissa as a squad player. If I was those players, I would be wondering how far down the squad list that I'd be. My guess is further down the list than Djogo and Cisse were on the Fulham FC.

junior white

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 29, 2020, 10:40:52 AM
Ah got it, not sure Villereal has an option as Real Madrid are linked with him but and were rumored to have enquired.

AC Milan enquired about Stef Jo last year, Roma enquired about Christie earlier this year and Real Madrid are interested in Anguissa as a squad player. If I was those players, I would be wondering how far down the squad list that I'd be. My guess is further down the list than Djogo and Cisse were on the Fulham FC.
Very true i do not disagree. Anguissa has played very well for Villereal. My point mainly was perhaps it is not an option where we are obliged to sell unless some ridiculous price ismet

Jims Dentist

Quote from: RaySmith on May 28, 2020, 05:12:28 AM
The crucial game up at Burnley, which I attended, typified our season.

We took an early lead through a brilliant Schurrle strike, but failed dismally to hold on to our lead, with them putting our defence and keeper under an aerial bombardment which they couldn't deal with.and ended up losing a game  we should definitely have got something from, with some dodgy reffing also playing a role I seem to remember.

A similar story at West Ham a couple of weeks later, which i also had the misfortune to attend.

Schurrle had moments of brilliance and scored a coupe of great goals, but we needed players who could  drop back and tackle and cover, and who would leave the pitch totally drained, having given everything, and maybe we had too many in the team not prepared or able  to do that.

We needed more players with Babel's undoubted class, and commitment, or even if he had come to us at the start of the season, as well as  players who could win the ball and defend, and give their all for the cause.

Well said Ray.
Babel genuinely worried opposing players.
We also had too many players who wouldn't always put in a shift ( Chambers in m/f showed up the other less committed ones).

Jims Dentist

I wonder if we will re-visit Alfie Doughty the Charlton winger.
He had terrific pace when he played against us at The Valley.
Unfortunately for them CAFC seem to be in more trouble behind the scenes.

Milo

I think looking at Rational Fan's post we are need of:

Right back
Centre back (Replace Ream going forward)
Central Midfield x2 (As Macdonald/Stef Johansen still unable to hold down permanent spots)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Milo on June 02, 2020, 12:11:28 AM

Right back
Central Midfield x2 (As Macdonald/Stef Johansen still unable to hold down permanent spots)

Assuming Tony Khan does nothing during the transfer window; sells no one, buys no one, and extends no one.

Then the squad is:
#1 Rodak, Betts, Fabri
#2 S.Sess, Christie
#3 Bryan
#4 Hector, Mawson   
#5 Ream, MLM

#6 Anguissa, McDonald,
#8 Seri, Johansen
#10 Cairney, Onamah

#7 Cavaleiro
#9 Mitrovic, Kamara
#11 Reid (also an AM)

I really wonder how people think that is enough upfront for a squad in the Championship that wants to win 26 games a season and some of the current forwards are best as impact players.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: junior white on May 29, 2020, 10:56:41 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 29, 2020, 10:40:52 AM

Very true i do not disagree. Anguissa has played very well for Villereal. My point mainly was perhaps it is not an option where we are obliged to sell unless some ridiculous price ismet

I thought the price we have to sell Anguissa to Villereal is around £25m, which isn't a ridiculous price given his season but it maybe a little high. I'm pretty sure Fabri's and Seri's prices are ridiculous so we can count on them coming home during the summer preseason.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 02, 2020, 01:36:12 AM
Quote from: Milo on June 02, 2020, 12:11:28 AM

Right back

Assuming Tony Khan does nothing during the transfer window; sells no one, buys no one, and extends no one.

Then the squad is:
#1 Rodak, Betts, Fabri
#2 S.Sess, Christie
#3 Bryan
#4 Hector, Mawson   
#5 Ream, MLM

#6 Anguissa, McDonald,
#8 Seri, Johansen
#10 Cairney, Onamah

#7 Cavaleiro
#9 Mitrovic, Kamara
#11 Reid (also an AM)

I really wonder how people think that is enough upfront for a squad in the Championship that wants to win 26 games a season and some of the current forwards are best as impact players.

Agree. We need two forwards (one of which i suspect to be Knockaert)

Friendsoffulham

Fulham have option to sign AFC Bournemouth favourite on permanent deal

Fulham have the option to sign AFC BOURNEMOUTH LOANEE HARRY ARTER ON A PERMANENT BASIS.

The Cottagers signed him on loan last summer with the view to a permanent deal this summer, as detailed on their official club website when he joined last August.

Arter, who is 30 years old, has made 21 appearances in all competitions for Scott Parkers side this season.

They face a decision to make on whether he has a long-term future at Craven Cottage.

The midfielder still has a year left on his contract at Bournemouth but is likely to leave them this summer, even if Fulham opt against signing him. He has fallen down the pecking order with the Cherries and was also loaned out to Cardiff City last season.

Arter's chances of joining Fulham on a permanent basis could depend on what league they are in next term. If he can help them gain promotion to the Premier League when the season resumes then they may decide to exercise their option.

The ex-Charlton Athletic man signed for Bournemouth from Woking in 2010 and has since played 255 games for Eddie Howe's side, helping them get from League One to the top flight during his 10 years there.

However, Arter's lengthy association with the Cherries could come to an end soon if Fulham decide to sign him. They also have the same decision to make with Anthony Knockaert, who is on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion.

Fulham currently sit 3rd in league table, six points behind West Brom in 2nd.

https://the72.co.uk/170250/fulham-have-option-to-sign-afc-bournemouth-favourite-on-permanent-deal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

RaySmith

I like Atrer as a player, think he would be an asset to the squad, with his commitment, and ability, whatever league we are in.

He can  have a problem with  discipline, as we know, but  although he needs to keep his emotions in check. i 'd rather have a player with that passion and desire to win, than one who lacks that, but never  even  gets a card.