watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

The following are my thoughts if we were NOT to get promoted.  If we did go up, I would buy better players but make sure they were 'for the future' in that they would be younger, and not leave if we were relegated

So we have 3 loan players, all with options to buy.  2 in MF, Reed and Arter and Knockaert in attack.
My feeling is that Reed would be the best purchase, at 25 years old he is approaching his prime where as the other 2 are now probably past theirs.   I suspect that Arter and Knockaert are both on high wages as well.

Signing all 3, and they all have excellent ability, esp at Championship level makes sense in that it allows continuity.  They know how we play, know the rest of the squad and Parker will have had a season to access their worth.  If Parker wants them and we can afford them, i would sign all 3.

If we sign these players, I think all we really need is a starting right back, back up left back and back up for Mitro.   If Mitro goes, that all changes and we would need to recruit a replacement.  Taylor from Charlton on a free would be a fine piece of business and he could be tempted as Mitro's replacement.  I very much doubt he would come as a backup as he will have many clubs trying hard to get him.   Just to add Kongolo would definitely be worth another go if again, we can tempt him, I would also let Kebano go and bring in another right hand side forward with potential to be a first team starter.

Carborundum

Quote from: @jolslover on May 27, 2020, 02:31:11 PM
I saw Babel post on Instagram saying he hopes to be back with Fulham

Would you guys have him back? I think he could do a job for a year (Prem or Champ) - only problem is his age.

Absolutely.  A very fine footballer who had clearly matured with age.  His off the ball movement was often a masterclass.  You could tell any young attacking player to ignore the ball and just watch him for some minutes.  We improved considerably when he arrived.

@jolslover

I wouldn't have Arter if we go up, their is a reason Bournemouth discarded him (who are now in danger of relegation).

He is not a premier league player
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on June 04, 2020, 01:32:20 PM
I wouldn't have Arter if we go up, their is a reason Bournemouth discarded him (who are now in danger of relegation).

Yes.... Championship at best.

Whitestone

I agree with this. The same applies to Knockaert and Reed IMO. Not knocking any of them, they've been fine in the Championship but there is a reason that underachieving Premier League clubs have loaned them out. Also we have Anguissa on the books who is far better player than Arter and Reed.

cottage expat

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 27, 2020, 02:50:01 PM

Would you guys have him back? I think he could do a job for a year (Prem or Champ) - only problem is his age.

Definitely have him back.

+1. Even for one year we could benefit from his attacking ability and experience.

@jolslover

Quote from: Whitestone on June 04, 2020, 05:59:29 PM

I agree with this. The same applies to Knockaert and Reed IMO. Not knocking any of them, they've been fine in the Championship but there is a reason that underachieving Premier League clubs have loaned them out. Also we have Anguissa on the books who is far better player than Arter and Reid.

Agree completely
STH H3

Penfold

Quote from: Whitestone on June 04, 2020, 05:59:29 PM

I agree with this. The same applies to Knockaert and Reed IMO. Not knocking any of them, they've been fine in the Championship but there is a reason that underachieving Premier League clubs have loaned them out. Also we have Anguissa on the books who is far better player than Arter and Reid.

However, should Villarreal exercise their option on Anguissa he could well be off our books.

RaySmith

Quote from: cottage expat on June 04, 2020, 06:29:27 PM

+1. Even for one year we could benefit from his attacking ability and experience.

He's hardly any older than the end of last season when he played so well for us.

We should snap him up if we get the chance.

SP

Even though Babel looked gutted to score against Liverpool, I'd definately have him back.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Penfold on June 04, 2020, 09:15:01 PM

However, should Villarreal exercise their option on Anguissa he could well be off our books.

Which should free up 25 million, to purchase a player better than both Arter or Reed in our midfield. 

DevonFFC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 06, 2020, 01:39:53 AM

Which should free up 25 million, to purchase a player better than both Arter or Reed in our midfield.

Personally think reed is a very tidy player.

Riversider

Harrison Reed is a very good player and we be a great signing for us, out of interest how many times have you popped over from L.A to see him play ?

bobby01

I think reed is a decent player, bad luck with injuries this year, but highly thought of by saints fans
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: DevonFFC on June 06, 2020, 09:22:00 AM

Personally think reed is a very tidy player.
I watch a lot of EPL football. Reed isn't starting 11 material for a side that plans to stay up.  Tidy enough for the Championship..ok. Fulham needs 3 solid midfielders...and two of them are probably already on the squad.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Riversider on June 06, 2020, 09:34:43 AM

Harrison Reed is a very good player and we be a great signing for us, out of interest how many times have you popped over from L.A to see him play ?
I've seen him play every single game in a Fulham kit.

Your point?

If your point was to piss me off with a stupid, condescending question...have a cigar. You succeeded admirably.

Penfold

I wouldn't think that the fee would be anything like £25m. That would significantly break Villareal's transfer record and I wouldn't think they would smash it over a defensive midfield player. Seeing as we've now written off 50% of Anguissa's fee, I'd expect it to be just over half of what we paid.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Penfold on June 06, 2020, 10:50:39 AM
I wouldn't think that the fee would be anything like £25m. That would significantly break Villareal's transfer record and I wouldn't think they would smash it over a defensive midfield player. Seeing as we've now written off 50% of Anguissa's fee, I'd expect it to be just over half of what we paid.
Why would Fulham sell him for less than what they bought him for? Scott Parker rates him and he has 2 years left on his current deal.

Penfold

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 06, 2020, 11:07:18 AM
Why would Fulham sell him for less than what they bought him for? Scott Parker rates him and he has 2 years left on his current deal.

Clubs regularly sell players at less than they paid for them. We obviously don't know exactly what's in the deal. However, it was struck last summer when Anguissa's stock was not exactly high. I would have thought we would have structured something that meant we wouldn't make FFP loss on him.

river phoenix

Quote from: Penfold on June 06, 2020, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 06, 2020, 11:07:18 AM

Clubs regularly sell players at less than they paid for them. We obviously don't know exactly what's in the deal. However, it was struck last summer when Anguissa's stock was not exactly high. I would have thought we would have structured something that meant we wouldn't make FFP loss on him.

I read somewhere that Villarreal have a option to buy him for 25m euros, so we don`t have to sell him for less, especially because he restored his value this season (Real Madrid is interested also).