https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 06, 2020, 11:07:18 AM
Quote from: Penfold on June 06, 2020, 10:50:39 AM
I wouldn't think that the fee would be anything like £25m. That would significantly break Villareal's transfer record and I wouldn't think they would smash it over a defensive midfield player. Seeing as we've now written off 50% of Anguissa's fee, I'd expect it to be just over half of what we paid.
Why would Fulham sell him for less than what they bought him for? Scott Parker rates him and he has 2 years left on his current deal.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

1) Because he was never worth that much to begin with. TK messed up.
            2)  Supply and demand. Buyers won't pay more than they need if the demand is not high.
            3)  World economies are drastically shrinking due to cv19 so transfer fees will mostly follow suit.

Jims Dentist

PS.
Every year you keep him the contract winds down.
So will likely be worth less.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 19, 2020, 02:03:50 AM
I wouldn't think that the fee would be anything like £25m. That would significantly break Villareal's transfer record and I wouldn't think they would smash it over a defensive midfield player. Seeing as we've now written off 50% of Anguissa's fee, I'd expect it to be just over half of what we paid.
Why would Fulham sell him for less than what they bought him for? Scott Parker rates him and he has 2 years left on his current deal.

2)  Supply and demand. Buyers won't pay more than they need if the demand is not high.
            3)  World economies are drastically shrinking due to cv19 so transfer fees will mostly follow suit.

TK paid the market value of Anguissa at the time when he bought him, which was a mistake that so many other DOFs were willing to make, including West Ham's DOF that offered the same price after Fulham's offer, so West Ham's DOF made the same mistakes as TK without the consequences. If we sack TK, we may not get a better DOF but we will be losing a master in getting the chairman to invest.

https://foreverwestham.com/2018/08/blog-topics/west-ham-will-regret-missing-out-on-anguissa/

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 19, 2020, 02:13:49 AM

TK paid the market value of Anguissa at the time when he bought him, which was a mistake that so many other DOFs were willing to make, including West Ham's DOF that offered the same price after Fulham's offer, so West Ham's DOF made the same mistakes as TK without the consequences. If we sack TK, we may not get a better DOF but we will be losing a master in getting the chairman to invest.

https://foreverwestham.com/2018/08/blog-topics/west-ham-will-regret-missing-out-on-anguissa/

Genuine question. How do you know that TK persuades his father to invest? Could it be that Shad tells TK what his budget is? Is TK really such a "master" influencer?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on June 19, 2020, 02:34:39 PM

Genuine question. How do you know that TK persuades his father to invest? Could it be that Shad tells TK what his budget is? Is TK really such a "master" influencer?

When you look at the FFC financial records of the "Summer of 2018", we know that the chairman only invested extra money around the 24th July 2018 (next day he bought Mitro and others over the next two weeks) and realistically the DOF needed that money on the 1st July 2018. Tony Khan took 24 days to get the required investment, which was his future inheritance and its my belief (without any concrete evidence) that if it took Tony Khan 24 days another DOF wouldn't have got the investment in 39 days when the transfer window shut.

One thing is fairly certain in my mind, that it took Tony Khan 24 days to get the required investment other DOFs would have got the investment either quicker, slower or not at all. I am not certain, but would gamble on abother DOF getting the investment not at all or slower than Tony Khan.

Jims Dentist

If true story?
Given FFP the recruitment mistakes have put our club in a difficult position.
We can now only spend so much.
A professional DOF is now needed.

alfie

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 22, 2020, 12:58:24 AM

If true story?
Hindsight again is a wonderful tool, at the point of purchase were they considered mistakes, yes I know some will come back with  "we knew from the off", well anyone can say that I guess, but at the time most people were praising the signings, I've said it before and I will say it again, nobody has any idea how a player will perform until they cross that white line.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Deeping_white

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 22, 2020, 12:58:24 AM

If true story?

FFP is going to be cancelled anyway due to Coronavirus, UEFA have already announced they're suspending it for a year and leagues will adopt that position shortly

Jims Dentist

They may well suspend the current set up
However only a fool would think that there will not be a legislation on how much a club can spend/lose over whatever period they stipulate..

Woolly Mammoth

You appear to dilute the meaning of the word Master in this particular issue. Maybe it is because he is the son of the owner, which adds up to both of them making the same error of judgement.
Which is further proof that's nepotism is never good in this particular business as has already been highlighted by the Buffoonary that has already taken place. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 26, 2020, 01:32:12 AM

You appear to dilute the meaning of the word Master in this particular issue. Maybe it is because he is the son of the owner, which adds up to both of them making the same error of judgement. Which is further proof that's nepotism is never good in this particular business as has already been highlighted by the Buffoonary that has already taken place.

I didn't get the word MASTER wrong. TK is a Master at getting the Chairman to invest (nepotism isn't all bad), something Malcolm McDonald (his only weakness) and most FFC Managers/DOFs couldn't do. Since TK has been DOF, Shahid Khan has invested significantly more money in FFC than he did before and with double the budget of other DOFs TK recruitment is OK (e.g. better than Swansea, Stoke, Cardiff, and Huddersfield).

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 26, 2020, 02:05:37 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 26, 2020, 01:32:12 AM

W

You appear to dilute the meaning of the word Master in this particular issue. Maybe it is because he is the son of the owner, which adds up to both of them making the same error of judgement. Which is further proof that's nepotism is never good in this particular business as has already been highlighted by the Buffoonary that has already taken place.

I didn't get the word MASTER wrong. TK is a Master at getting the Chairman to invest (nepotism isn't all bad), something Malcolm McDonald (his only weakness) and most FFC Managers/DOFs couldn't do. Since TK has been DOF, Shahid Khan has invested significantly more money in FFC than he did before and with double the budget of other DOFs TK recruitment is OK (e.g. better than Swansea, Stoke, Cardiff, and Huddersfield).
When he is The Master of getting investment in getting the right players we can applaud hmim.
In the meantime we will have to deal with expensive mistakes that expose us to whatever form of FFP that might prevail in the near future.
Re the comparisons with the other clubs mentioned,  mostly their budget has been way below ours on fees and wages. Although it didn't  stop Huddersfield  from getting Kalem Grant from our doorste6 at CAFC  for a comparative pittance 

Jims Dentist

In whatever  form it may take after the virus,  FFP will exist.
We need to embrace this..
Inspired, professional recruitment will be key (hate to say it but Brentford  show the  way).
Our current approach  is not sustainable.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 26, 2020, 03:43:01 AM

When he is The Master of getting investment in getting the right players we can applaud him.
In the meantime we will have to deal with expensive mistakes that expose us to whatever form of FFP that might prevail in the near future.
Re the comparisons with the other clubs mentioned,  mostly their budget has been way below ours on fees and wages. Although it didn't  stop Huddersfield  from getting Kalem Grant from our doorste6 at CAFC  for a comparative pittance

We don't have to deal with TK's expensive mistakes, most of the money is coming straight out of Tony Khan's inheritance. The losses don't bother SK and TK, they just want to be in the premier league and burn more money. As for FFP, Tony Khan's inheritance is paying for a new stand that will increase the size of the Cottage to 30,000, positioned only a few miles from the foreign exchange banking capital of the world, so that bankers can overpay for expensive wine to watch championship football at EPL prices to give TK more FFP money to buy players using scientist data analysis that will one day, in theory when he finds the winning formula in the future, pay off.

Woolly Mammoth

Master as defined in the English Collins and Oxford Dictionary .......... is showing very great skill and proficiency in a particular art or profession, know inside out, and back to front, a qualified authority on a particular vocation.......
Which sounds nothing like TK to me if you are referring to D of F position.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 26, 2020, 04:12:22 AM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 26, 2020, 03:43:01 AM

When he is The Master of getting investment in getting the right players we can applaud him.

We don't have to deal with TK's expensive mistakes, most of the money is coming straight out of Tony Khan's inheritance. The losses don't bother SK and TK, they just want to be in the premier league and burn more money. As for FFP, Tony Khan's inheritance is paying for a new stand that will increase the size of the Cottage to 30,000, positioned only a few miles from the foreign exchange banking capital of the world, so that bankers can overpay for expensive wine to watch championship football at EPL prices to give TK more FFP money to buy players using scientist data analysis that will one day, in theory when he finds the winning formula in the future, pay off.
TRF, I really wish I had your extraordinary optimistic view on things.
If you could only hear yourself.
On this one I would observe that Brexit, the recession that will follow C V19 and the transport links to our beloved home may well severely effect the amount of revenue you are expecting.
I also had to smile at the data analysis "will one day win through WHEN HE FINDS THE RIGHT FORMULA"!!!
O

Mullers OG

Anyone know anything about this player?  Together with the signing of Bowie from Raith Rovers the future looks promising.

Buffalo76

Knockaert to sign permanently for £10.5m in the coming days reportedly. Flattered to deceive for me up until now 🤨
That's it and that's all.