more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mullers OG on July 01, 2020, 10:21:14 AM
Anyone know anything about this player?  Together with the signing of Bowie from Raith Rovers the future looks promising.

He's a left back who's also played further forward. By the looks of it he's been playing for PSG in the European youth cup so can't be too bad, certainly a future prospect by the looks of it

Penfold

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 01, 2020, 10:53:15 AM
https://t.co/1gCS04rwhV?amp=1

Looks like we're signing Knockaert.

Can't say I'm happy about this going through. Can't question his effort - it's been the end product that has disappointed.

fulhamben

Quote from: Penfold on July 01, 2020, 11:07:56 AM

yep, considering the price I think it was strange that we've signed cav bobby and now knockaert. Maybe they will come good next season, but surely the whole point of a loan first is to see if they are worth signing, of which case all 3 wouldn't have been imo

Can't say I'm happy about this going through. Can't question his effort - it's been the end product that has disappointed.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Asotosyios

It might well be true, but looks very, very strange. When you take into account his performances and football's economic landscape post-Covid, 10,5m is way too much money for Knockaert.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

spikey norman

By his own admission Knockaert hasn't played to the best of his ability for us this season.
I have watched him a number of times playing for Brighton in recent years where he has been excellent and if he can reach those levels he will be a big asset to us next season if we sign him.

twang

Quote from: Buffalo76 on July 01, 2020, 10:53:43 AM
Knockaert to sign permanently for £10.5m in the coming days reportedly. Flattered to deceive for me up until now 🤨

At the time we signed Knockaert on loan it was reported that we paid a £4m loan fee and would 'only' have to add another £6m to sign him permanently. I can understand from an economical view that it makes more sense to pay the extra £6m and sign the player permanently than 'waste' £4m on a one year loan deal. However, I'd definitely bite the bullet and send him back based on his performances for us this season.

Southdowns White

We don't want Knockaert, he is not the future of our club. I don't get the feeling most of the current 15 regular really want to get promoted as some of them proved last year they are not good enough. It's a cushy number at Fulham at the moment for many on very good wages, why do they want to risk having to move club if we get promoted? Who is advising and making the decisions to sign these players.

Wolf

Quote from: twang on July 01, 2020, 12:09:58 PM
Knockaert to sign permanently for £10.5m in the coming days reportedly. Flattered to deceive for me up until now 🤨

At the time we signed Knockaert on loan it was reported that we paid a £4m loan fee and would 'only' have to add another £6m to sign him permanently. I can understand from an economical view that it makes more sense to pay the extra £6m and sign the player permanently than 'waste' £4m on a one year loan deal. However, I'd definitely bite the bullet and send him back based on his performances for us this season.

If that is the case that £4M is long gone and not a part of any decision making process. The question would be £6/£6.5M for Knockaert as a permanent signing. Not for me.

Given the bleak financial outlook for French clubs after the cancellation of their season I'd suggest that competition would provide value currently. Similarly Netherlands, Belgium and the cream of Scottish football.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Sting of the North

Quote from: Southdowns White on July 01, 2020, 12:19:09 PM
We don't want Knockaert, he is not the future of our club. I don't get the feeling most of the current 15 regular really want to get promoted as some of them proved last year they are not good enough. It's a cushy number at Fulham at the moment for many on very good wages, why do they want to risk having to move club if we get promoted? Who is advising and making the decisions to sign these players.

Yes, lots of these conspiracy theories on here at the moment about players not even trying and not caring. I would guess that it is very rare for a professional footballer not wanting to win games, but everyone is free to believe what they want of course.

alfie

Lots complain about his shooting, but think about it, at least he is having a go, which is more than everyone else (apart from last night)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Have we identified the culprit responsible for these signings ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

Think this is spot on.

10m for a 29y/o winger that has done "ok" recently would be way to much. However, if the loan fee counts towards the cost and we can get him at an incremental 6m...i would pay that.

The wording in the announcement would also indicate that there is some clause about it in the loan contract.

The Club is absolutely delighted to confirm that Anthony Knockaert has joined on a season-long loan from Brighton & Hove Albion, with a view to a permanent transfer

sunburywhite

He is a show pony
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Quote from: Wolf on July 01, 2020, 12:22:57 PM

If that is the case that £4M is long gone and not a part of any decision making process. The question would be £6/£6.5M for Knockaert as a permanent signing. Not for me.

Given the bleak financial outlook for French clubs after the cancellation of their season I'd suggest that competition would provide value currently. Similarly Netherlands, Belgium and the cream of Scottish football.

There is cream in Scottish football?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Wolf

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 01, 2020, 02:50:30 PM

Ironically flavoured cream
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Penfold

Quote from: Wolf on July 01, 2020, 03:00:36 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on July 01, 2020, 02:50:30 PM

Ironically flavoured cream

Deep fried Mars bar flavour

filham

But £10m , surely there are better options.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Southdowns White on July 01, 2020, 12:19:09 PM

I don't want Anthony starting for Fulham.   That doesn't mean I don't want him on the squad, and for 6 million ...he's going to have value moving forward if for nothing more than depth.   Surprisingly I like Anthony at the EPL level way more than I do BD Reid, but oh well.

We still need a STARTING right winger, or a left winger.   We need a younger version of Ryan Babel.  Pace, size and tenacity...of which Anthony has the tenacity part down.

If Anthony is signed for depth I'm ok with it even though it's not a move I would have made.  He's not a good enough team baller with Mitro to have him as our regular starter.

Twig

Personally I would have preferred we kept our financial powder dry and had not signed any of Cav, Knock or B D-R.  For their combined fees we might just have sorted our leaky and ageing defence.  We could then have looked to combine our own youth with one or two signings up front.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Twig on July 01, 2020, 09:47:49 PM
Personally I would have preferred we kept our financial powder dry and had not signed any of Cav, Knock or B D-R.  For their combined fees we might just have sorted our leaky and ageing defence.  We could then have looked to combine our own youth with one or two signings up front.

I agree with you, but think we should have done this during this year. I know the aim was (and still is) promotion back to the Premier League, but we should have tried to blend a couple more youngsters in the team - especially the ones we would think they have the potential needed for the next step.

For example, do not get Arter or Reed and give that 6th midfield position to O'Riley (and a lot more minutes than the 154 minutes he played this year).
Another example: you do not trust Kebano and only keep him as a backup (he has only played 265 minutes this season - 166, if you exclude the last two games that Kamara was unavailable and Cavaleiro not entirely fit). Why don't you try to sell him and give his backup role to de la Torre? Perhaps de la Torre will never be good enough for a starting place, but surely could be used for more than 103 minutes during the season.