https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Asotosyios on July 01, 2020, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 01, 2020, 09:47:49 PM
Personally I would have preferred we kept our financial powder dry and had not signed any of Cav, Knock or B D-R.  For their combined fees we might just have sorted our leaky and ageing defence.  We could then have looked to combine our own youth with one or two signings up front.

I agree with you, but think we should have done this during this year. I know the aim was (and still is) promotion back to the Premier League, but we should have tried to blend a couple more youngsters in the team - especially the ones we would think they have the potential needed for the next step.

For example, do not get Arter or Reed and give that 6th midfield position to O'Riley (and a lot more minutes than the 154 minutes he played this year).
Another example: you do not trust Kebano and only keep him as a backup (he has only played 265 minutes this season - 166, if you exclude the last two games that Kamara was unavailable and Cavaleiro not entirely fit). Why don't you try to sell him and give his backup role to de la Torre? Perhaps de la Torre will never be good enough for a starting place, but surely could be used for more than 103 minutes during the season.

To be fair Reed is the one I do think justifies a decent transfer fee. Arter? No.

Finnans Right Peg

I would like us to go after shane duffy in the summer regardless if we go up or not. A proper defender him and hector would make a great partnership

Jims Dentist

Quote from: twang on July 01, 2020, 12:09:58 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on July 01, 2020, 10:53:43 AM
Knockaert to sign permanently for £10.5m in the coming days reportedly. Flattered to deceive for me up until now 🤨

At the time we signed Knockaert on loan it was reported that we paid a £4m loan fee and would 'only' have to add another £6m to sign him permanently. I can understand from an economical view that it makes more sense to pay the extra £6m and sign the player permanently than 'waste' £4m on a one year loan deal. However, I'd definitely bite the bullet and send him back based on his performances for us this season.
✔✔✔

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Twig on July 01, 2020, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on July 01, 2020, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 01, 2020, 09:47:49 PM
Personally I would have preferred we kept our financial powder dry and had not signed any of Cav, Knock or B D-R.  For their combined fees we might just have sorted our leaky and ageing defence.  We could then have looked to combine our own youth with one or two signings up front.

I agree with you, but think we should have done this during this year. I know the aim was (and still is) promotion back to the Premier League, but we should have tried to blend a couple more youngsters in the team - especially the ones we would think they have the potential needed for the next step.

For example, do not get Arter or Reed and give that 6th midfield position to O'Riley (and a lot more minutes than the 154 minutes he played this year).
Another example: you do not trust Kebano and only keep him as a backup (he has only played 265 minutes this season - 166, if you exclude the last two games that Kamara was unavailable and Cavaleiro not entirely fit). Why don't you try to sell him and give his backup role to de la Torre? Perhaps de la Torre will never be good enough for a starting place, but surely could be used for more than 103 minutes during the season.

To be fair Reed is the one I do think justifies a decent transfer fee. Arter? No.
✔✔✔

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 01, 2020, 01:03:24 PM
Have we identified the culprit responsible for these signings ?
Quite so comrade Woolly.
However it is dangerous to exposed his identity on here for fear of pages of pro propaganda from his backers who continue to defend the indefensible.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 06, 2020, 12:55:18 AM
Quite so comrade Woolly. However it is dangerous to exposed his identity on here for fear of pages of pro propaganda from his backers who continue to defend the indefensible.

No doubt, if Tony Khan had signed Gerard, Lampard, Rooney, and Owen at their peak many would be blaming him for him signing a poor combination of players, while the coach remains blameless in their eyes for being unable to get such players to play together.

Sven-Göran Eriksson in 2006 and Scott Parker in 2020 have been both given a bunch of great players that combine poorly, which is not their fault, but I also believe both coaches should have done better at creating a better system that works with these players. Parkerball doesn't work for most of them.

Once Mitrovic is back, I hope Parker makes me look foolish again with a run of seven wins.

Woolly Mammoth

Quite so comrade Woolly.
However it is dangerous to exposed his identity on here for fear of pages of pro propaganda from his backers who continue to defend the indefensible.

Yes I forgot that the rational fan is still in denial, but we need to prevent him from finding out it was Colonel Mustard with the lead pipe in the study.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 06, 2020, 02:04:35 AM
Quite so comrade Woolly.

Yes I forgot that the rational fan is still in denial, but we need to prevent him from finding out it was Colonel Mustard with the lead pipe in the study.

Don't worry I have "Thomson and Thompson" on the case to investigate Tony Khan's spending of his inheritance. Their early findings are that TK is wasting some of it on boats, planes and wresling, but he is spending the money on football players so well Shahid Khan should give him much more immediately.

"Thomson and Thompson" are recommending that if we are in the championship next season Shahid Khan should give him another £100m in the summer (plus Trump's accountant to handle FFP) to give FFC a real edge over Nottingham Forest and Derby by buying the "PFA Team of the Year of 2020".

"Thomson and Thompson" understand when you waste half your money, you can fix it by spending triple. I hope Shahid Khan ignores Colonel Mustard's finding and follows "Thomson and Thompson".

alfie

I am neither for or against TK, but I do find us supporters being so arrogant in assuming he hasn't/can't learn from previous mistakes. He has been here a few years now.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alfie on July 06, 2020, 10:29:48 AM
I am neither for or against TK, but I do find us supporters being so arrogant in assuming he hasn't/can't learn from previous mistakes. He has been here a few years now.

Mistakes are often stepping stones to utter failure. 

Never forget your Roots.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Mullers OG on July 06, 2020, 03:07:40 PM
Come home Cauley Woodrow. 

A front two of Cauley and Mitro and return Knockers to Brighton to open up the spot?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 06, 2020, 07:56:08 PM

Mistakes are either stepping stones to utter failure or sustained success.

TK has shown he can learn from mistakes, and within a decade could be one of the best DOFs around.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 07, 2020, 03:51:37 AM

TK has shown he can learn from mistakes, and within a decade could be one of the best DOFs around.

and the dish ran away with the spoon.

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Lol, that's a good one. (At least I assume you were joking?).

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

TK has shown he can learn from mistakes, and within a decade could be one of t
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 07, 2020, 04:41:40 AM

and the dish ran away with the spoon.
he best DOFs around.
And the cow jumped over the moon, whilst watching the flying pigs.

Arthur

Rather than criticise others for their use of propaganda, sort out your own.

Or did you not realise?

AnOldBrownie

So the DoF that has signed the most talent in the Championship (based on players stats) isn't capable of learning from previous mistakes?

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk