https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 12, 2020, 11:15:04 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 12, 2020, 11:00:27 PM
What is our obsession with a 21 year old who has played about 20 games in the Portuguese first Division. I get he could have a huge amount of potential but this is a massive amount of money we're talking, if we sign him perm, for a player who could turn out to be not all that.
It's not as if there are a whole host of clubs trying to sign him. We all know where we need to be strengthened & unless Anguissa is off?,  really not sure we should be worrying about another midfielder

I want Luis...but I agree with this post.   Midfielder is last on my wish list...even if we end up playing Stefjo as a CDM.   Florentino is a straight up CDM backup for Reed.   If he signs, good...but f... Benfica if they think we're going to overpay for him in a year we're fighting relegation.

Quote from: Hoppus on September 12, 2020, 11:03:23 PM

Watching the game today I didn't think, "this team really needs a player like Harry Arter".
I can't understand why Scott Parker wants to bring him back.

What would lead you to believe anyone at FFC want Harry Arter and his salary to come back while we're in the EPL?

Surely part of the trouble with the squad is that we've got more than enough midfielders of Arter's standard already.

rebel

Quote from: General on September 13, 2020, 11:59:08 AM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 13, 2020, 10:50:53 AM

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
1h
Bournemouth. Josh King could be off if price is right. On Spurs short list. Fulham thinking about it. Villa kind of. Player clearly wants Premier return.

Seeing us miss out on Wilson who scored for Newcastle rammed home for me how important it is to pay the money for the proven premier league performers who have that quality.

Quite simple.

Josh king is someone we simply should be looking to buy and I'd also be tempted to bring back babel.

Two CBs more and then we're good to go.

Nice summary, I think we are on a transfer trajectory already, hopefully as your post.

Jonnoj

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
1h
Bournemouth. Josh King could be off if price is right. On Spurs short list. Fulham thinking about it. Villa kind of. Player clearly wants Premier return.

Seeing us miss out on Wilson who scored for Newcastle rammed home for me how important it is to pay the money for the proven premier league performers who have that quality.

Quite simple.

Josh king is someone we simply should be looking to buy and I'd also be tempted to bring back babel.

Babel signed a new contract at Galatasary, he's no longer available

Craven Mad

Shame about Babel.

Really think we need to bring in 2 CBs and 2 inside FWs as a priority.

We weren't the best team in the Championship last season, and we need to strengthen if we want to compete this year.

If we don't, I think we're in for problems with goals at both ends of the pitch...

filham

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 13, 2020, 04:24:34 PM
Shame about Babel.

We weren't the best team in the Championship last season, and we need to strengthen if we want to compete this year.

If we don't, I think we're in for problems with goals at both ends of the pitch...
We have already signed  five new players, four more would make nine.
How many before last season's team is broken up which is something we said we didn't want to happen.

absenteeism

Linked with no centre back

The German guy doesnt want to join

Struggle to believe that there is not a centre back out there for us that would improve the side

What are our scouts up to?

Tabby

Quote from: absenteeism on September 13, 2020, 04:45:56 PM
Linked with no centre back

The German guy doesnt want to join

Struggle to believe that there is not a centre back out there for us that would improve the side

What are our scouts up to?

Areola, Tete and Lemina came out of left field, hopefully it is the same case for a prospective CB.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Jonnoj on September 13, 2020, 04:10:17 PM

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
1h

Quite simple.

Babel signed a new contract at Galatasary, he's no longer available
Shows how much he loves our club

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Statto

Babel signed a 3-year deal when he joined Gala last year.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11751058/ryan-babel-signs-for-galatasaray-after-fulham-exit

Where does it say he's just signed a new contract?

Would be odd if he'd done that when he still had two years left anyway

Saying that, I think we need better

Craven Mad

Quote from: filham on September 13, 2020, 04:40:50 PM
Shame about Babel.

How many before last season's team is broken up which is something we said we didn't want to happen.

The reality is that the quality of the players wasn't high enough for the championship: we scraped up as the underdog in the playoffs. Leeds and Brom had much better players than us, as did Brentford.

Keeping a spine of Rodak, Hector, Bryan, Cairney, Onomah and Mitro (with Ream, Reed and Cav rotating/supporting from the bench) means that over half of the first 11 were last year's starters. It's not about ditching the whole team, but we won have to improve on last year's squad.

Tete, Aina, Robinson and Areola are a really good start, and I look forward to seeing them in the coming weeks, but we lacked a cutting edge last year and we need to bring in a few more players at both ends of the pitch. Scott's said as much himself.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 13, 2020, 05:52:19 PM
Quote from: filham on September 13, 2020, 04:40:50 PM
Shame about Babel.

The reality is that the quality of the players wasn't high enough for the championship: we scraped up as the underdog in the playoffs. Leeds and Brom had much better players than us, as did Brentford.

Keeping a spine of Rodak, Hector, Bryan, Cairney, Onomah and Mitro (with Ream, Reed and Cav rotating/supporting from the bench) means that over half of the first 11 were last year's starters. It's not about ditching the whole team, but we won have to improve on last year's squad.

Tete, Aina, Robinson and Areola are a really good start, and I look forward to seeing them in the coming weeks, but we lacked a cutting edge last year and we need to bring in a few more players at both ends of the pitch. Scott's said as much himself.
Exactly right

absenteeism

An agreement has been reached between Aston Villa and OL for the transfer of Bertrand Traoré, up to €19m. His medical scheduled for Monday.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on September 13, 2020, 05:12:39 PM

While in an ideal world I agree we need better, Babel is better still than Cav, Knock and Kebano for pace, hold up play, maybe crossing and taking chances.   He'd be an upgrade.

Thing is, if we were to loan Babel I think we could also buy a better compliment to play with Mitro than Ivan, Anthony, Nees or BDR.

Less than a year ago Babel looked fine playing against Real Madrid.   Not their B team.  Their A team.

He's still good enough for Fulham unless he's dropped off substantially in 10 months.

Deeping_white

Quote from: absenteeism on September 13, 2020, 06:09:36 PM
An agreement has been reached between Aston Villa and OL for the transfer of Bertrand Traoré, up to €19m. His medical scheduled for Monday.

€19m for the most one footed player in Europe with a serious injury list is a hilariously inflated price that I'm glad we're not paying

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 13, 2020, 06:19:27 PM

While in an ideal world I agree we need better, Babel is better still than Cav, Knock and Kebano for pace, hold up play, maybe crossing and taking chances.   He'd be an upgrade.

Thing is, if we were to loan Babel I think we could also buy a better compliment to play with Mitro than Ivan, Anthony, Nees or BDR.

Less than a year ago Babel looked fine playing against Real Madrid.   Not their B team.  Their A team.

He's still good enough for Fulham unless he's dropped off substantially in 10 months.
This exactly.

Swiss72

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 13, 2020, 06:23:57 PM

Glad we are not turning into OL dumping yard.....

€19m for the most one footed player in Europe with a serious injury list is a hilariously inflated price that I'm glad we're not paying

rebel

I'm pleased with this transfer if it goes through.

RaySmith

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 13, 2020, 06:39:29 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 13, 2020, 06:19:27 PM

This exactly.

When Babel played for us, just over a season ago, his quality was immediately apparent - far above anyone else in the team, apart from mitro, and he straight away made a difference.

Geting him  back would  be a great acquisition, one that could help save our season if we got another couple of players to link with him, but sadly i fear we won't now.

I

rebel

Babel signed a 3-year deal when he joined Gala last year.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/11751058/ryan-babel-signs-for-galatasaray-after-fulham-exit

Where does it say he's just signed a new contract?

Would be odd if he'd done that when he still had two years left anyway

I posted that as soon as he left us, he signed a 3 year deal, it didn't work out for him at Gala, so he was loaned to Ajax for the remaining part of last season. I don't think Gala want him, he's on huge money, they need to do something to get him off their wage bill.

Deeping_white

Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2020, 06:46:12 PM

I'm pleased with this transfer if it goes through.

You're pleased Villa are buying him or you'd be pleased if we paid that for him??