watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

He'd be a good depth pickup, but I wouldn't start off with any expectations of him being better than anyone we currently have on the squad.

Taller, yes.   Not definitely better though.   

Looks like he has decent pace though.  Not sure why his pace stats are so low.   Not agile, but definitely not slow.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 16, 2020, 06:31:43 PM
?s=21

Not a bad shout actually - quite a regular starter for West Brom and Blackburn in last 2 championship seasons - may be an improvement on Ream.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 16, 2020, 06:56:29 PM
?s=21

Not a bad shout actually - quite a regular starter for West Brom and Blackburn in last 2 championship seasons - may be an improvement on Ream.

sounds like a decent signing for 5-8m, young, tall, ball playing CB - yes please as the 3rd/4th choice CB.

Steven Ageroad

?s=21

MAY BE an Improvement on Ream is not what we want!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on September 16, 2020, 09:01:00 PM
?s=21

MAY BE an Improvement on Ream is not what we want!

Disagree.  Only because we are woefully thin at CB.   There could be a time during the year where we are down two center backs due to injury.   We currently need two centerbacks and I'd be ok if he was the bargain CB.

We ALSO want a 25-40 mil CB to start beside Big Hec.

AnOldBrownie

I'm going to beat this dead horse until it's buried.

Send Jean Michel Seri to Galatasaray and bring back Ryan Babel for 1 season.   Loan Seri out, buy or loan Babel.

Two players, neither starts for their current sides, and Seri isn't even a sub for us.

absenteeism

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 16, 2020, 09:09:23 PM

Send Jean Michel Seri to Galatasaray and bring back Ryan Babel for 1 season.   Loan Seri out, buy or loan Babel.

Two players, neither starts for their current sides, and Seri isn't even a sub for us.
:005:

HV71

It's obvious that we need someone with experience- someone who talks and communicates at the back commands the area. Please no dogma about age ( or at the extreme speed ) - someone who can read the game then speed matters less. He needs to be good enough for just one season  - then we can rebuild. Dawson would work for me

jayffc

We need some quality in attack, Babel > Kebano even at this age, and if Kebano is currently a starter for us (much as I love his personality) god help us this year. We desperately need exciting and direct forward players, Babel, old as he is, has always been this. So if it isn't him, it's gotta be someone else.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: jayffc on September 16, 2020, 09:19:12 PM

We need some quality in attack, Babel > Kebano even at this age, and if Kebano is currently a starter for us (much as I love his personality) god help us this year. We desperately need exciting and direct forward players, Babel, old as he is, has always been this. So if it isn't him, it's gotta be someone else.

The only reasons I bring up Babel...

1) he's an affordable option that can play on the wing or up top
2) he's a better baller (passer, making runs off the ball, hold up play, pace, FINISHING) than Kebano, Knock and Cav

That's it.  And he's 33.

If we can bring in someone else that's younger yet also improves on Kebano, Knock and Cav by being better in the areas I've mentioned, GET IT DONE NOW.

We've needed to address our scoring for over a season now.   We haven't replaced Ryan Sessegnon (no, I don't want him back) yet.  Ryan Babel is just a good filler until we do.

Bassey the warrior

I think Seri doesn't feature because he wants out, but we're hoping to sell rather than loan and Gala are skint.

Matt10

I think it's interesting for every comment regarding how bad our defense was in the relegation season, our goal conversion was just as terrible. I remember watching every match and we'd have an early chance that we didn't put away. Then we'd concede, and that'd be all momentum lost.

Priority to me needs to be a proven goal scorer on the wings. We know Babel can do it - sign him, or find someone else.

RaySmith

Quote from: Matt10 on September 17, 2020, 03:47:08 AM

I think it's interesting for every comment regarding how bad our defense was in the relegation season, our goal conversion was just as terrible. I remember watching every match and we'd have an early chance that we didn't put away. Then we'd concede, and that'd be all momentum lost.

Priority to me needs to be a proven goal scorer on the wings. We know Babel can do it - sign him, or find someone else.

:plus one:

Agree. When Babel was with us, in the Prem, just over a season ago, his quality  as a creative and attacking player, was obvious.
We need a player like that  to help us create  chances, and who can  get some  goals himself.

AnOldBrownie

So...I'm going to name him...and yup...he wasn't good when we got relegated the first time.

Ryan Sessegnon apparently is definitely going out on loan if the Spurs make a few of their deals.

I rate him over Cav and Knock...but to be fair...that isn't much.    Still, just watched the Fulham/SheffUtd match from March 2018.    Sess...loved watching him on the pitch.

Even in the season where we got relegated...he set up this little bit of magic. 

I'd take him back as long as he was affordable and we also go and get a  better attacking option.

I know...never bring anyone back... Sorry...I really want us to replace Cav and Knock with someone that works better with Mitro.

rebel

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 17, 2020, 04:39:08 AM
So...I'm going to name him...and yup...he wasn't good when we got relegated the first time.

Ryan Sessegnon apparently is definitely going out on loan if the Spurs make a few of their deals.

I rate him over Cav and Knock...but to be fair...that isn't much.    Still, just watched the Fulham/SheffUtd match from March 2018.    Sess...loved watching him on the pitch.

Even in the season where we got relegated...he set up this little bit of magic. 

I'd take him back as long as he was affordable and we also go and get a  better attacking option.

I know...never bring anyone back... Sorry...I really want us to replace Cav and Knock with someone that works better with Mitro.

Sess wasn't great for us in the Prem. In one match he just fell over on 4 occasions, no one near him. People can bang on about him, but the jury is out on whether he can perform meaningfully in the Prem. I think Khan Junior said he won't be coming back. I think he has problem with Tottenham / Levy.

EricB

Google translate of Rebel's link

Jonathan Tah has lost his regular place at Bayer Leverkusen. This does not go unnoticed in England.

Jonathan Tah has played in Leverkusen since 2015
Jonathan Tah has played in Leverkusen since 2015
© Maxppp
Jonathan Tah is very popular in the English Premier League. According to the Telegraph, Fulham is considering signing the German national player. On the first day of the game, the promoted team's defense in the 3-0 draw against Arsenal looked several times unhappy, so a new central defender would do well.
Whether Tah would be available and ready for the English battle for relegation is another matter. The 24-year-old's contract with Bayer Leverkusen is dated until 2023, and the € 40 million release clause has expired. But: Tah lost his regular place in the preseason, Bayer is broadly positioned in the defense center and is even looking for a left-footed central defender.
Nevertheless, sporting director Simon Rolfes said at today's press conference: "He's also a player who can improve. I trust him to play a much better role and take a step forward. "Although the general rule is:" You can never exclude anything. "In addition to Fulham, Tah has recently been in with the higher-ranking clubs Leicester City and Arsenal FC Been linked.
FT opinion
including
Tah's career is stagnating, his next step should also be in view of the 2021 European Championship. At Fulham, a regular place would be guaranteed, especially since the angular 1.95-meter giant would fit perfectly into the Premier League. However, with Fulham he would be very far from international competitions or even titles.
From Leverkusen's point of view, a sale could well be an option, the breadth of the defense center is right and should be increased. In the case of a lucrative offer, people on the Rhine should at least think about giving up Tah. Nevertheless: The efforts from London do not seem to be too intense yet.

Hoppus

Quote from: EricB on September 17, 2020, 07:35:57 AM
Nevertheless: The efforts from London do not seem to be too intense yet.

I would be quite intense if I was Tony Kahn. We really need a CB.

f321ffc

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 16, 2020, 09:54:16 PM

I think Seri doesn't feature because he wants out, but we're hoping to sell rather than loan and Gala are skint.
Seri has been  quarantined since coming back but trained yesterday and is in his plans Scott Parker confirmed.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

So we have obvious issues at one end with a lack of penetration up front which culminates in a lack of goals being scored.
The other end we are leaking goals like a colander full of bullet holes, with no height or physical stature that couldn't head a search party, which has been compounded by Alfie Mawson being sent out on loan, so we are even thinner on the ground at Centre Back than we were last season.
So our Ace Crack Recruitment Unit in their infinite wisdom are filling positions that do not need strengthening, because they cannot fill the positions that do need strengthening.
So we have a dressing room bursting with midfielders and goalkeepers, but no Strikers or Centre Backs, that doesn't sound very bright to me, as Richard Littlejohn would say " you couldn't make it up".
So what happens if or when Hector or Ream get injured or ill or suspended or lose their form, and same goes for Mitro, and where is a fox in the box, probably locked away in a box.
But not to worry, carry on sleep walking in a coma and their heads buried in a pile of computers arguing the toss about whether the computers said no or don't know or it's in the post or we will get back to you or we are  on annual leave or we just cannot agree, or maybe the computers are on strike, as they have probably joined the National Union of Down Beaten over worked Computers led by the one and only Fred Kite whereupon it's one out all out.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.