Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on September 25, 2020, 07:23:58 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 06:31:52 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 25, 2020, 05:57:00 PM
Hoping lookman doesn't happen - he has not made the grade at his last few clubs - looks like another schurrle to me but may be worse

I don't see why in the world we'd sign Lookman if it's not because we want an English player on our squad.    I haven't seen anything in watching 3 of his games that says I'd start him over Kamara, Kebano or Knockhaert...and I'd rather give our own youth prospects run.

Obviously there may have been games other than the 3 I've watched where he's assisted well on a goal (one which our current attacking players couldn't have done) or where he's beaten a defender for pace (I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened though), but I don't really see anything great from the young man.

I don't see an improvement over the players we already have...which is the concern.
his stats are shocking, I mean really shocking. How is he even on Tony's radar.

Here's a thing, maybe we have scouts that think he'd fit into the team and perform a particular role quite well?

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 25, 2020, 07:33:15 PM
Hoping lookman doesn't happen - he has not made the grade at his last few clubs - looks like another schurrle to me but may be worse

I don't see why in the world we'd sign Lookman if it's not because we want an English player on our squad.    I haven't seen anything in watching 3 of his games that says I'd start him over Kamara, Kebano or Knockhaert...and I'd rather give our own youth prospects run.

Obviously there may have been games other than the 3 I've watched where he's assisted well on a goal (one which our current attacking players couldn't have done) or where he's beaten a defender for pace (I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened though), but I don't really see anything great from the young man.

I don't see an improvement over the players we already have...which is the concern.

Here's a thing, maybe we have scouts that think he'd fit into the team and perform a particular role quite well?
its possible but that would mean Tony having no say in transfers. And we know that isn't going to happen.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on September 25, 2020, 07:35:20 PM

its possible but that would mean Tony having no say in transfers. And we know that isn't going to happen.

Of course it wouldn't have to mean that TK have no say.

JEEVES

rebel

Nero

Quote from: JEEVES on September 25, 2020, 08:16:46 PM
It's amazing how quickly a players price tag drops by 10mil..

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-to-make-late-push-to-beat-palace-to-signing-of-20m-rated-efl-man/

How many hours between articles?

My.only problem with hm is the way we play we'll make look like a £5M pound player can you imaging come.from.Brenford fast pace attacking football to Parkerball

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Nero on September 25, 2020, 08:27:58 PM

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-to-make-late-push-to-beat-palace-to-signing-of-20m-rated-efl-man/

My.only problem with hm is the way we play we'll make look like a £5M pound player can you imaging come.from.Brenford fast pace attacking football to Parkerball

However, the signs are there that Parker wants to move the ball quicker so quick, dynamic wingers are needed

Jims Dentist

Benrahma seems to be so one footed (the right).
Playing mostly on the left and cutting in seemed to work for Brentford in the Championship, but I feel thinking he could do it for us in the Premier would be another big mistake at even half the asking price.

JEEVES

Quote from: Nero on September 25, 2020, 08:27:58 PM

Let's not forget their fast pace attacking football didn't cut it. Their clack clack jaw manager was tactically inept against parkerball. I wouldn't trade managers, unless you wanted our players to be schooled on how to bottle it.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jims Dentist on September 25, 2020, 09:41:33 PM
Benrahma seems to be so one footed (the right).
Playing mostly on the left and cutting in seemed to work for Brentford in the Championship, but I feel thinking he could do it for us in the Premier would be another big mistake at even half the asking price.

I hope not, but are we getting a bit desperate.

itombomb

Benrahma is a good player, but in the system we play (with Mitro) you can't afford a player who does as little work off the ball as him.

If we do have 20-30m to spend on a forward you can also find targets with a lot more talent (though potentially with a risk of not having played in the English leagues).

JEEVES

Quote from: itombomb on September 25, 2020, 10:27:00 PM
Benrahma is a good player, but in the system we play (with Mitro) you can't afford a player who does as little work off the ball as him.

If we do have 20-30m to spend on a forward you can also find targets with a lot more talent (though potentially with a risk of not having played in the English leagues).

First and foremost I agree. But at the same time I don't think many of us would disagree that he's better than any of our wingers. Not only that, he would score more goals than any of our wingers AND would provide better service to Mitro than any of our wingers. But, I do think this is one of those rumours and I think the only way this would ever happen is if there was no other suiters willing to pay the price tag they've slapped on him. Geeza was being linked with Chelsea and Arsenal. That's not going to happen for him now, but I don't think he's up for another season in the championship, he's outgrown it. Brentford wouldn't sell to us unless the bid was outrageous and no other clubs were interested or could match it.

JEEVES

Does anyone else completely disregard HITC? Worst source ever. Just copy and paste other articles and change a few words and add a bit of rubbish to make it look like they're ITK. And the rare original article they break I don't even bother reading because if it comes from them first you can guarantee there's no truth in it.

Statto

Agreed. Pretty sure the stats TK looks at aren't just appearances, goals and assists.

Personally, on the terms reported it's a good deal IMO. He's had good spells in good teams in the PL and Bundesliga which suggests to me he could shine at a club like ours where he'll likely be given more patience and starts. I think it nigh on impossible that he won't be a big upgrade on Knockaert.

He's also still very young so has an abundance of development potential.

Deeping_white

?s=21

Baszab

If we had done a couple of decent deals earlier - would have been easier now to attract the extra players needed - now who wants to come to relegation favourites - and we've given away one winnable game already - so we saved a few million for what ?

junior white

Quote from: JEEVES on September 25, 2020, 10:51:52 PM
Does anyone else completely disregard HITC? Worst source ever. Just copy and paste other articles and change a few words and add a bit of rubbish to make it look like they're ITK. And the rare original article they break I don't even bother reading because if it comes from them first you can guarantee there's no truth in it.
Yep they are atrocious

YankFFCFan

Marlon + Tobido would be decent. Marlon a fixture, Tobido, Ream, Hector fight for their spot next to him.

Lookman on loan-to-buy would be terrific.

Statto

Quote from: YankFFCFan on September 25, 2020, 11:57:42 PM
Marlon + Tobido would be decent. Marlon a fixture, Tobido, Ream, Hector fight for their spot next to him.

Lookman on loan-to-buy would be terrific.

Tobido would be our best defender if we signed him, by a laughing mile