https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Nero on September 25, 2020, 08:27:58 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on September 25, 2020, 08:16:46 PM
It's amazing how quickly a players price tag drops by 10mil..

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-set-to-make-late-push-to-beat-palace-to-signing-of-20m-rated-efl-man/

How many hours between articles?

My.only problem with hm is the way we play we'll make look like a £5M pound player can you imaging come.from.Brenford fast pace attacking football to Parkerball
lol exactly
Foolish ham

Oakeshott

"If we had done a couple of decent deals earlier - would have been easier now to attract the extra players needed - now who wants to come to relegation favourites - and we've given away one winnable game already - so we saved a few million for what?"

The view of a true sceptic. Trouble is, I agree with every word!

JEEVES

Quote from: junior white on September 25, 2020, 11:24:14 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on September 25, 2020, 10:51:52 PM
Does anyone else completely disregard HITC? Worst source ever. Just copy and paste other articles and change a few words and add a bit of rubbish to make it look like they're ITK. And the rare original article they break I don't even bother reading because if it comes from them first you can guarantee there's no truth in it.
Yep they are atrocious

Funnily enough I was about to say something about HITC the other day and also say "hey does anyone remember tribal football" that's what HITC reminds me of. About 15 years ago when I was in school I used to look at tribal football every day and get excited about all the players they linked us with until I realised it must have just been few random bored blokes completley making stuff up. Just as I was about to ask if anyone remembered it, someone on here posted a tribal football link and i couldn't believe it was still a site. Genuinely first time I've seen it in 10 years. Must be where HITC gets its stories from.

YankFFCFan

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2020, 12:08:20 AM
Quote from: YankFFCFan on September 25, 2020, 11:57:42 PM
Marlon + Tobido would be decent. Marlon a fixture, Tobido, Ream, Hector fight for their spot next to him.

Lookman on loan-to-buy would be terrific.

Tobido would be our best defender if we signed him, by a laughing mile

I watched every Schalke game Tobido played in, he was the best defender on a terrible defense. He would be an immediate upgrade on Ream/Hector. He is only 20 though, so I am not confident he could step in and play 30 premier league games right now. Great signing for the future though.

AnOldBrownie

I want Todibo.    Sign him and Marlon and I'm super excited.   Sign Marlon, Kongolo and Tobido?   Oh yes.. One of them would have to work...and worst case we wouldn't be reliant on Big Hec coming good in the EPL.

Even if he wants to go to a different team...offer him an extra 20k per week, promise him that if we go down we'll loan him to a La Liga team next season...

Pace, size, can dribble and can play the ball in the air.   Just lacks experience...  GET IT DONE TONY!!!!!

HillingdonFFC

Todibo looks to be a fantastic prospect but he's 20 years old and played only 20 odd first team games. Would be potentially a great buy for an established premier League team but is he really what we need right now in this present time?
He would have to hit the ground running but very risky imho. Would prefer Tah if he'd come or we'd stretch that far fee wise

Arthur

Quote from: Baszab on September 25, 2020, 11:21:07 PM
If we had done a couple of decent deals earlier - would have been easier now to attract the extra players needed - now who wants to come to relegation favourites - and we've given away one winnable game already - so we saved a few million for what ?

I'm trying to think of the early deals to which you are referring.

Is it the £40M Benfica wanted? Or the combined £48 million that Villa spent on Watkins and Cash?

Based on what I know, your claim - that had we been prepared to spend a few million more, we could have signed the right players sooner - seems a theoretical point, rather than being rooted in our reported pursuit of named players. That is not to say that you must be wrong. There will be reasons why we didn't sign more players sooner.  And yet nothing I have seen leads me to think that you are right. So I would be happy to be informed as to whom our thriftiness may have caused us to miss out on.

As for the added burden of being 'relegation favourites', we've been dragging this ball and chain along since the final whistle at Wembley.

jayffc

Feel that Kongolo as a "back up" could be a great bit of business -If he's past this injury, which some suggest shouldn't be a repetitive one...he is by all accounts from the huddersfield fans a top flight player that by their own admittance should be playing at a bigger club than theirs.

Seems one of those where our expectancy levels are actually lower than what if fit, hes capable of. He's a strong tackling, pacey CB whos decent on the ball and who's not afraid of a last ditch challenge which is a bit if a trademark of his. Could be the no nonsense CB we really want alongside be it Marlon or Hector.

His current banner and profile pic are both him in a fulham kit so suspect its all but done!
Could be a steal.

A refresher of his (I know, I know) youtube highlights

https://youtu.be/J5JBryPPwDA

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 26, 2020, 01:19:16 AM
Todibo looks to be a fantastic prospect but he's 20 years old and played only 20 odd first team games. Would be potentially a great buy for an established premier League team but is he really what we need right now in this present time?
He would have to hit the ground running but very risky imho. Would prefer Tah if he'd come or we'd stretch that far fee wise

Yes, he's worth it. 

He went out on loan because his parent club is arguably one of the 4 top clubs in the world.   He look a little rash...but he looks like a GREAT defender now, and he's only 20.   

I really don't expect him to be worse that Big Hec, whose 27.    Tah isn't going to come.   Obviously he'd be ideal.

Plus, we already have Marlon who I assume would start beside Big Hec...then, later in the season we play the two best CBs.

I like Kongolo, but I haven't seen that he's a ball in the air defender.  Lots of slide tackles in his youtube video.  Not too many head clearances out of the box.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 26, 2020, 02:41:27 AM

Yes, he's worth it. 

He went out on loan because his parent club is arguably one of the 4 top clubs in the world.   He look a little rash...but he looks like a GREAT defender now, and he's only 20.   

I really don't expect him to be worse that Big Hec, whose 27.    Tah isn't going to come.   Obviously he'd be ideal.

Plus, we already have Marlon who I assume would start beside Big Hec...then, later in the season we play the two best CBs.

I like Kongolo, but I haven't seen that he's a ball in the air defender.  Lots of slide tackles in his youtube video.  Not too many head clearances out of the box.

I'm not doubting his ability , he looks very talented. I worry that in a relegation dogfight an inexperienced kid thrown into the premier League might not be the best way to go
I'll stick my neck out & say I'll be surprised if Hector cuts it. Hope I'm wrong but he's been off since the restart

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 26, 2020, 08:53:09 AM

Yes, he's worth it. 

I'm not doubting his ability , he looks very talented. I worry that in a relegation dogfight an inexperienced kid thrown into the premier League might not be the best way to go
I'll stick my neck out & say I'll be surprised if Hector cuts it. Hope I'm wrong but he's been off since the restart

He's been off...but we better hope he gets it together (especially if we don't get Todibo).   Tim Ream, MLM, Odoi and even Marlon aren't known as really good defenders of the ball in the air.   We've already conceded two goals in two games from poor corner defenending.

If we get linked to a more experienced tall, ball winning CB I'll be as happy as you.   I just don't see it happening with so many teams needing a decent CB this window.

Barrett487

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 26, 2020, 08:53:09 AM

Yes, he's worth it. 

His youth may be an advantage. We need speed, energy and good awareness to cover some of the strikers we'll be facing.

If he has the natural ability, his inexperience may not be too much of an issue. Anyway he's had 22 games in top flights (unsure how many minutes), so compare to Smalling, who had 13 games for us before joining MUFC.

sarnian

Stalling makes mistakes these days that's why Utd aren't playing him although he makes less mistakes than Jones who is past it. Would probably prefer Tobido who will improve with games.

grandad

Does anyone else completely disregard HITC? Worst source ever. Just copy and paste other articles and change a few words and add a bit of rubbish to make it look like they're ITK. And the rare original article they break I don't even bother reading because if it comes from them first you can guarantee there's no truth in it.
:plus one: I always ignore their articles. Most of the gossip comes from some 16 yo kid in his bedroom. I rarely read the gossip. Better things to do. I prefer to wait for the Offal to announce signings.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rebel

Quote from: grandad on September 26, 2020, 12:21:36 PM
:plus one: I always ignore their articles. Most of the gossip comes from some 16 yo kid in his bedroom. I rarely read the gossip. Better things to do. I prefer to wait for the Offal to announce signings.

I'll post HITC as a link if they state a source of news other then themselves. It's a judgement call.

Mince n Tatties

Where's the Marlon?
Thought he passed medical Thursday morning🤔

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 26, 2020, 12:43:56 PM
Where's the Marlon?
Thought he passed medical Thursday morning[emoji848]
Another one who's vanished. 

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FFCFOREVER

Where's the Marlon?
Thought he passed medical Thursday morning🤔
I reckon the only Marlon we signing is Marlon feckin Dingle

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on September 26, 2020, 12:55:58 PM
Where's the Marlon?
Thought he passed medical Thursday morning[emoji848]
I reckon the only Marlon we signing is Marlon feckin Dingle
I remember all the "We'll have new CBs in time for Villa" posts [emoji23][emoji23] Villa will be delighted. [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk