watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rumour: Betts tests positive

Started by alfie, May 27, 2020, 04:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

I have just been told (from reliable source) that Betteneli and his wife both have it, does that now mean whole squad in quarantine
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

That's not what they've done in the PL. Just the person who's tested positive goes into quarantine.

Although now they're bringing back full contact training, that might change things.

filham

Oh dear that is bad news and I would have thought the whole squad and every one at Motspur Park would now be subjected to intensive testing.

The Rational Fan

This season will fast turn into a joke, an outbreak in one team means a bunch of other teams will have an easy game. We could hypothetically get into Premier League because numerous Leeds or WBA got sick and lost the last 9 games of the season. There will be a number of players with Covid-19 as each club has 25 players and there are 24 teams, that's 600 people being tested in a country that has 1 in every 150 people are infected, which could be four teams affected.

Milo

I have removed some abusive posts on this thread.

It was very clear from a recent feedback poll we posted on the forum that members do not want us to tolerate these kind of posts.

AnOldBrownie

If true, wishing Betts and his family the best.   Speedy recovery.

If not true... will not look at this thread again and anxiously await the finish to the season.

ALG01

I wish him and the family well.

If distancing was maintained i do not think the squad has to self isolate. however if they touched or there were common items shared then they need to think about that. every club will be in the same position so i feel sure protocols are in place.

this is a terrible situation we remain in and in my opion the mania to ease the situation is rather to premature.

ex-Pat

RaySmith

IF Betts is the only player testing positive, that's a good result.

The players will all be tested regularly, anyway.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on May 28, 2020, 05:20:57 AM

It seems UK Herd Immunity among footballer is incredibly low as 1014 players have been tested, around 710 needed for herd immunity and only 2 have had the illness.

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 28, 2020, 06:20:21 AM

It seems UK Herd Immunity among footballer is incredibly low as 1014 players have been tested, around 710 needed for herd immunity and only 2 have had the illness.

This is testing for who has the virus currently, not who has had it in the past

Also not sure where you got those numbers. From the PL official statements it's 12 positive results from around 1,000 tests so far, which is pretty bloody high considering we've been in lockdown for two months

Twig

Surely the only important thing is that if this rumour is true then to wish the Bettinelli family a swift and full recovery. Everything else pales into insignificance.

bobby01

Quote from: Twig on May 28, 2020, 09:49:12 AM
Surely the only important thing is that if this rumour is true then to wish the Bettinelli family a swift and full recovery. Everything else pales into insignificance.

Totally agree, I wish them a speedy recovery.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: ex-Pat on May 28, 2020, 12:32:15 AM
Stop it with the rumours.....

What, the one that end up being true?

It's a forum, you'll get a percentage of rumors that'll be true, or not, not your place to tell people otherwise...

jarv

BBC just reported, 2 Fulham players have it. No names due to confidentiality.

Southcoastffc

3 positive players, including 2 from FFC, from 1030 tests (yesterday?)  If so, isn't it reasonable to expect more in the coming days?      Fingers crossed that those who suffer from/carry it and their families all get to good health asap.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Statto

Quote from: Statto on May 28, 2020, 07:58:39 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 28, 2020, 06:20:21 AM

This is testing for who has the virus currently, not who has had it in the past

Also not sure where you got those numbers. From the PL official statements it's 12 positive results from around 1,000 tests so far, which is pretty bloody high considering we've been in lockdown for two months

EDIT: just realised you were referring to the EFL numbers.

Still, updated EFL numbers are now 5 positives from around 1,000 players. So combined with PL gives 17 positives from around 2,000 players

mrmicawbers

You have to wonder how they caught it.

Atherton

The two players caught the virus in the same way as the 50,000 or so people who've died caught it. From close proximity to an infected person. It's not exactly rocket science.

gezkc

Quote from: mrmicawbers on May 28, 2020, 01:16:29 PM
You have to wonder how they caught it.

Why? They could have caught it in the supermarket, park, garden centre, or anywhere you might come into contact with other people. They also could have caught it from a family member who came into contact with the virus. Surely it's not that surprising that some footballers will have the virus?