News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just watched the Wembley play off final again.

Started by bill taylors apprentice, May 29, 2020, 03:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Quote from: fluffyninja on June 01, 2020, 08:01:01 PM
Watched it back too for only the second time last week too , has anyone seen the picture of a beardless Slavisa in the Sun today ? Wow didn't recognise him ! What a guy , he says he thinks he would have done a bit better if he stuck with the 17-18 team that got us up.

Lots of good memories , my favourite one I think is a strange one really it's the block by Norwood near the end from a shot on the edge of the area , just remember thinking "What a tackle that could be so important"

Totally agree. Showed the character of Oli. Wish we had have signed him.

092.gif

fluffyninja

Agree , deserves his success with Sheff Utd this season

ALG01

The thing that struck me as it did watching the Millwall and derby games that were on FFCTV was that TC was used very differently. He sat much deeper  and orchestrated things and as such was way more influential in the games. after slav left TC was pushed upfield by claudio and now by parker too and his ability to affect a game is much diminished.

the shape of the miodfield was way better under Slav. the central three were narrower and deeper allowing Stef in particular to break forward. I know in the final TC seemed to be used more on the right than other games and that was IMO because slav had spotted a weakness in the Villa back line which was ruthlessly exploited for the goal. After that we went back to our more normal shape.

Tc is being devalued by poor tactics and that is avery great pity.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: bog on May 30, 2020, 11:08:04 AM
As ah been said Oli Norwood should have been signed. Much better than Seri.

He wanted to stay too  :012:
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

ffcne

Quote from: ALG01 on June 02, 2020, 12:10:24 PM
The thing that struck me as it did watching the Millwall and derby games that were on FFCTV was that TC was used very differently. He sat much deeper  and orchestrated things and as such was way more influential in the games. after slav left TC was pushed upfield by claudio and now by parker too and his ability to affect a game is much diminished.

the shape of the miodfield was way better under Slav. the central three were narrower and deeper allowing Stef in particular to break forward. I know in the final TC seemed to be used more on the right than other games and that was IMO because slav had spotted a weakness in the Villa back line which was ruthlessly exploited for the goal. After that we went back to our more normal shape.

The full backs and Sess were the key .
Targett linked well with Sess and Fredericks on the other side.
Sometimes looked like we were playing with 4 /5 forwards 

ALG01

Quote from: ffcne on June 02, 2020, 06:18:47 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on June 02, 2020, 12:10:24 PM

The full backs and Sess were the key .
Targett linked well with Sess and Fredericks on the other side.
Sometimes looked like we were playing with 4 /5 forwards

I have to agree having those full backs and sess at the front meant we were a far more effective team, no doubt.

But, IMO, the idea of playing TC so advanced as we did wonce slav left has just devalued him. How often have people said TC is not performing in the last 18 months and mainly that is very poor team selection.  I thinkwe have looked our best when he picks up the ball deep and we work our way forward. Not have him as what effectively becomes a front 5 with no proper midfield at all.

Slav was brilliant and experienced; unfortunately parker has lots to learn and to be fair is not afraid to modify the playing style but this error seems to repeat too often.