watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa loan status?

Started by AnOldBrownie, June 02, 2020, 02:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Believe it or not, Anguissa is rumored to be a target for Real Madrid.

I want him back on our squad.   He's under contract until 2023 and I think Scott Parker likes him.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 02, 2020, 02:21:19 AM

I want him back on our squad.   He's under contract until 2023 and I think Scott Parker likes him.

Loaning Anguissa allowed us to loan Reed and Arter, but I didn't think it would be worth it and now think it was a mistake. If we cannot sell Anguissa for a good fee, then we should keep him we need a strong defensive midfield more than other positions.

FulhamStu

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 02, 2020, 02:37:15 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 02, 2020, 02:21:19 AM

Loaning Anguissa allowed us to loan Reed and Arter, but I didn't think it would be worth it and now think it was a mistake. If we cannot sell Anguissa for a good fee, then we should keep him we need a strong defensive midfield more than other positions.

There was a good report of Fulham's finances, I think it was by Fulhamish, in this pod they discussed how important it was to get Seri and Frank out on loan to avoid a problems with FFP.   I understand the basics of FFP but when you start to talk about player value and amortisation, it all become quite baffling and as the expert says is totally arbitrary.   As an example, a players value is created by the clubs hierarchy and depreciates over the years left on his contract !

We Are Premier League

Does anyone know if he/we have extended the loan for this season, or if he might be back in the squad for the last few games? same with Seri...

mrmicawbers

I would imagine not likely,but not sure.Be handy if they were options in the squad.

filham

I think all decisions on loans and transfers need to be put on hold until the beginning of August when we will know whether or not we are playing in the Premier League next season.

fulhamben

I'm sure they had an option to buy in the loan clause
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on June 02, 2020, 02:15:56 PM

The option to buy is dependent on the parent team being willing to sell correct?    Villa can want to purchase all they want.   The Khans decide if he comes back at the end of the loan no?

Milo

This isn't his agent trying to inflate his contract is it..? With false rumours?

I haven't kept track of his loan spell. Has he earned the plaudits?

I guess I'm sceptical these days after Seri deal etc but happy to hear if he's improved a lot.

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 02, 2020, 05:42:40 PM

The option to buy is dependent on the parent team being willing to sell correct?    Villa can want to purchase all they want.   The Khans decide if he comes back at the end of the loan no?
not according to our official site
Friday 26 July 2019 19:15
The Club can confirm that André-Frank Zambo Anguissa has today joined Villarreal on a season-long loan deal.

The La Liga side will also hold the option of making the transfer a permanent one next summer

Unfortunately no matter how well he played this season, the fee would have already been arranged and There's nothing we can do about it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Twig

Quote from: fulhamben on June 02, 2020, 06:46:49 PM

The Club can confirm that André-Frank Zambo Anguissa has today joined Villarreal on a season-long loan deal.

The La Liga side will also hold the option of making the transfer a permanent one next summer

Unfortunately no matter how well he played this season, the fee would have already been arranged and There's nothing we can do about it

It's the chance you take. Unfortunately the Seri and Anguissa deals seem to have been cursed with ill fortune throughout.

AnOldBrownie

So, it's dependent upon how expensive the buyout clause is.    Which we'll never know.   If the BO clause is 20 million...or at least enough to get back the initial investment for Anguissa...at least the team will have that money to bring in a replacement if we go back up.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on June 02, 2020, 06:51:06 PM

It's the chance you take. Unfortunately the Seri and Anguissa deals seem to have been cursed with ill fortune throughout.

TK has been relatively shrewd of late, and has been prepared to play hardball with the likes of Levi. I also suspect he remains convinced that Anguissa is well worth the £25m we paid for him, if not more. Therefore, I admit this is pure speculation, but I reckon the agreed fee will be very high. Probably about £20m I reckon. I certainly can't see it being lower than his book value (ie I can't see us selling at a loss).

AnOldBrownie

I want Anguissa back.

I just watched him on Villarreal today against Mallorca and he's REALLY good on the ball.   I mean, he's probably better on the ball than anyone we currently have playing midfield (including Carney).   He still doesn't have that motor I want in a CDM or a box to box...but he's got very good ball skill, can make a tackle, has decent pace and is tall.

And he's already under contract if we go up.    The problem is, he needs someone better than Seri sitting beside him in the midfield or we'll constantly have people attacking our back line.   

I'd rather have Anguissa than Onamah, Reed or Archer on the squad, and I mean right now...before we get promotion.  He's simply a better baller.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 17, 2020, 01:49:27 AM
I want Anguissa back. I just watched him on Villarreal today against Mallorca and he's REALLY good on the ball.   I mean, he's probably better on the ball than anyone we currently have playing midfield (including Carney).   He still doesn't have that motor I want in a CDM or a box to box...but he's got very good ball skill, can make a tackle, has decent pace and is tall.

And he's already under contract if we go up.    The problem is, he needs someone better than Seri sitting beside him in the midfield or we'll constantly have people attacking our back line. I'd rather have Anguissa than Onamah, Reed or Archer on the squad, and I mean right now...before we get promotion.  He's simply a better baller.

Anguissa is a top player, but way too much was expected of him in the premier league. He realistically took about 16 games playing to adjust to the premier league and then got injured. I think Anguissa, Seri, and Cairney would have been the best midfield in this division especially if Seri isn't required to play 90 minutes. Personally, I thought Seri played well in most of the games where we had more than 50% possesion, but no doubt Seri runs out of juice when he defends for more than 45 minutes.

Tony Khan gets a lot of criticism for the players he bought from Ligue 1, but I think uninjured they are decent Championship Players. People refuse to say it but the worst investments last season were the ones with premier league experience TFM, Mawson (due to injury), Norviennt, Lazar and Schrulle.

@jolslover

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 17, 2020, 01:49:27 AM
I want Anguissa back.

I just watched him on Villarreal today against Mallorca and he's REALLY good on the ball.   I mean, he's probably better on the ball than anyone we currently have playing midfield (including Carney).   He still doesn't have that motor I want in a CDM or a box to box...but he's got very good ball skill, can make a tackle, has decent pace and is tall.

And he's already under contract if we go up.    The problem is, he needs someone better than Seri sitting beside him in the midfield or we'll constantly have people attacking our back line.   

I'd rather have Anguissa than Onamah, Reed or Archer on the squad, and I mean right now...before we get promotion.  He's simply a better baller.

Agree, I think he is our best midfielder - a different level to Arter / Reed
STH H3

Penfold

Villareal have an option to make the deal permanent. Anybody got any idea whether or not they would have some sort of agreement in place with Anguissa in advance that means that they simply exercise the option and he signs, or do they exercise the option and then have to agree personal terms etc.?

os5889 mkII

Given the impact of COVID-19 on football revenues this season I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of loaned players with "options" in their transfer are returned to sender in the first instance. It may well be we agreements are honoured but you'd be mad to at least not try and negotiate a lower fee.

With a Fulham hat on it would be very interesting to see our approach to both transfers and sales should the FFP rules be relaxed, as they surely must be, in the coming season(s).
@OsmithFFC

rusty shackleford

Its a pity these days if a player doesnt fancy playing for the club that owns them they dont have to

We Are Premier League

Has there been any clarity on what will happen to all the loans as of the end of June?
Could some return to their owners when contract expire or will all of them all be extended to end of seaon? altough i'm not sure its possible for the clubs that own the players to register them at tshi stage, so they may be happy to extend the loans...