watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marlon Fossey

Started by JEEVES, June 02, 2020, 12:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JEEVES

I've noticed he's finally fit again, which is great.

Does anyone have any idea how good this guy is?

Could we potentially see him starting at right back before the season ends?

mrmicawbers

From the Videos I have seen him play looked like a great prospect in terms of ability.Lots of other attributes he needs besides though to succeed.

WokingFFC

Saw him play in the Sampdoria friendly and was my man of the match - lets hope injuries have not had a lasting effect on him

bobbo

Quote from: JEEVES on June 02, 2020, 12:09:25 PM
I've noticed he's finally fit again, which is great.

Does anyone have any idea how good this guy is?

Could we potentially see him starting at right back before the season ends?
i saw him play in a pre season friendly at aldershot season before this one , I was very impressed can't wait to see him given a chance.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Unless I am mistaken it looks as though the club has a difficult decision to make and someone is going to be disappointed and probably will move on. At right back we already have Steven Sessegnon in the queue and Marlon Fossey staking his claim. Behind him we have the very highly rated young Cody Drameh  who will want to push on and unfortunately I think he is the one we are likely to lose. The big boys are already sniffing around .i believe all of these are right backs and apologise if I am wrong.

Ronnief

We actually have four promising right full backs, Marlon is now 21, Steven is 20, Cody is 18, we also have Zico Asare who is 19. I would expect that all four will not stay here but we are in a good position having four lining up to take the right back slot.

AnOldBrownie

Wasn't he rated a higher prospect than S Sess two years ago?    Injuries have really hampered his development.

I hope he can stay healthy...because if he can I think he can definitely be as good as Odoi or Sess at the RB spot.

No telling if he can stay healthy though.   

That said...Luke Shaw came back from a fairly bad leg injury and has been a productive starting LB for Manchester United.

Time will tell.   I'm rooting for the guy.

filham

Quote from: Ronnief on June 02, 2020, 05:34:20 PM
We actually have four promising right full backs, Marlon is now 21, Steven is 20, Cody is 18, we also have Zico Asare who is 19. I would expect that all four will not stay here but we are in a good position having four lining up to take the right back slot.
If they are really good prospects then at those ages we should be seeing occasional first team appearances. However I guess with a promotion place at stake Parker is reluctant to leave out Odoi or Christie.
Perhaps it is time to give these prospects a few months on loan at a mid table first division club.

@jolslover

To be fair from what I've seen I think Marlon Fossey could be better than Steven Sess... although that was before the injuries. I suspect they will have definitely hampered his development
STH H3

AnOldBrownie

He's training with the first team in the latest Scott Parker video.   He's smaller than I thought...but I love how controlled he is playing defense and offense.   Didn't see a lot of PL2 wingers attempting to take him on in 16/17 (fair...I've only watched 3 games) so I don't know how strong he is defensively 1 on 1, but he's composed.

Lots of games over the next month so hopefully he'll get field time and stay healthy.

FPT

Marlon's exciting. He's an athlete (legitimately) who is capable of bombing up and down the flank. My fear is after two big knee injuries, he hasn't played a lot of football at an important time in a young players career.

I do really like Steven Sessegnon though, and he has immense versatility and could legitimately play in a holding midfield role.

Marlon has long been in and around the first team but with Denis Odoi, Cyrus Christie and Steven Sessegnon, I'm not sure I envision him making his debut before the season ends. He turns 22 in September and we have a club option to extend his deal this summer, I'm sure that gets used but I'm not sure he gets beyond that sadly. He'd be 22 and yet to play a professional game of football, that's just not something that football clubs tend to do, but the only thing stopping him from going down and coming back up again would be his knees.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: FPT on June 13, 2020, 04:24:56 PM
Marlon's exciting. He's an athlete (legitimately) who is capable of bombing up and down the flank. My fear is after two big knee injuries, he hasn't played a lot of football at an important time in a young players career.

I do really like Steven Sessegnon though, and he has immense versatility and could legitimately play in a holding midfield role.

Marlon has long been in and around the first team but with Denis Odoi, Cyrus Christie and Steven Sessegnon, I'm not sure I envision him making his debut before the season ends. He turns 22 in September and we have a club option to extend his deal this summer, I'm sure that gets used but I'm not sure he gets beyond that sadly. He'd be 22 and yet to play a professional game of football, that's just not something that football clubs tend to do, but the only thing stopping him from going down and coming back up again would be his knees.
FPT as always a great summing up.
Particularly re S Sess, I have also thought that a DMF role could be in his future.

Jims Dentist

We had some good home produced RB's over the years:
Cohen, Paul Parker, Hopkins, Jupp.
Apologies for any that I've missed.

The Rational Fan

Cody Drameh is probably the player we should be looking at as he is the right back likely to improve the fastest, given his age and lack of serious injuries.

I also wonder if S.Sess maybe better as a Defensive Midfielder because even when he's right back he seems to play his best when in the middle of the field.

AnOldBrownie

FulhamStu

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 16, 2020, 01:16:08 AM
Cody Drameh is probably the player we should be looking at as he is the right back likely to improve the fastest, given his age and lack of serious injuries.

I also wonder if S.Sess maybe better as a Defensive Midfielder because even when he's right back he seems to play his best when in the middle of the field.

This is a good call, Sess had struggled when in space and possession.   At the start of this season he was our no1 pick at right back but a bit of bad form and he lost the plot.  Looked to lack confidence and was making errors.  I think he is a decent defender but not so good on the ball.