more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Self isolating

Started by Fulham33, June 02, 2020, 10:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham33

I can't keep track.
How many players are self isolating at present and when are they allowed back?
First part are we talking 1,3 or 4?
Second part = player 1 due back when?
Players 2&3 due back when?
Player 4?????

Answers on a postcard please.

Fulham33

Sorry that may have sounded heartless.
Clearly I want them all well, recovered and no risk to others.

But my questions still stand with those conditions met.

Fulham33

From what I gather the players have to self isolate for 14 days (from date of test? or result?)
Do they then get retested or just given the all clear?
I accept players remain nameless and I respect that (hence numbering them in my question)

You can see where I am going with this.
At what numbers do teams object saying their squad is decimated and fixtures should not be played?

WhiteJC

self isolate for 7 days unless you've come in contact with someone who's showing signs and your not then its 14 days to allow for potential incubation period

filham

Yes, see where you are coming from. Getting through these nine games s going to be a coronavirus obstacle course.

Beamer

Unless I have misunderstood we currently have 4 players either not training or have missed 2 weeks training. How many more do we have to lose before somebody says enough is enough and let's stop this nonsense trying to get a season finished which is already shot. However it is decided somebody won't be happy so let's just make a decision to move on to next season by whatever method the powers that be decide is the least unfair.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Beamer on June 03, 2020, 11:05:29 AM
Unless I have misunderstood we currently have 4 players either not training or have missed 2 weeks training. How many more do we have to lose before somebody says enough is enough and let's stop this nonsense trying to get a season finished which is already shot. However it is decided somebody won't be happy so let's just make a decision to move on to next season by whatever method the powers that be decide is the least unfair.

The current method of trying to finish the season is obviously what the powers that be decide is the least unfair. And since the season has not even restarted yet, maybe it is too early to count how many players we have lost? If it goes to unreasonable numbers, then the powers that be will most likely rethink anyway.

And on the question of next season, when do you propose that it will start then? Since Covid 19 won't be going anywhere in the near future and certainly not by the end of this summer, would you then want to push next season to start maybe August 2021? Or even later? Since before then it is unlikely that we will have a widely distributed vaccine. Personally I see no logic in wanting to void this season but wanting to start a new season at least during this year.

Statto

By my calculations it's three Fulham players

The EFL protocols indicate that the players will be re-tested after 7 and 10 days if asymptomatic, and can come back if the tests are negative, or otherwise after 14 days from the first test. If they have symptoms, I presume they have to remain in isolation until the symptoms go. So we're probably looking at a 14 day absence in most cases

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/6475a9869ed544399674d3f2874e2d2f/return-to-training-protocol-final-version-21.05.20.pdf

If it's true that Bettinelli's girlfriend has it, she's definitely totally asymptomatic because she's been all over social media posting about her gym routine and such like

Beamer

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 03, 2020, 11:32:38 AM
Quote from: Beamer on June 03, 2020, 11:05:29 AM

The current method of trying to finish the season is obviously what the powers that be decide is the least unfair. And since the season has not even restarted yet, maybe it is too early to count how many players we have lost? If it goes to unreasonable numbers, then the powers that be will most likely rethink anyway.

And on the question of next season, when do you propose that it will start then? Since Covid 19 won't be going anywhere in the near future and certainly not by the end of this summer, would you then want to push next season to start maybe August 2021? Or even later? Since before then it is unlikely that we will have a widely distributed vaccine. Personally I see no logic in wanting to void this season but wanting to start a new season at least during this year.

I'm not sure that re-starting the season has much to do with fairness but much more to do with money, my point is that it's my feeling that this is all a bit rushed and our season could easily be decided by how many players you lose to the virus going forward and what happens if with contact training one player goes down with it, does anyone (even the whole squad) have to isolate. For me too soon to be starting yet. Next season should be started when the numbers have reached a level where the expectation of infection is a lot less than it is at present. If it means changing the structure of the competition for a season then so be it. I'm sure that there are lots of other views out there and at present no possibility of using man's only perfect sense, hindsight to decide what is the right course of action.

Beamer

One question I haven't seen asked is how football got itself into this mess re how to treat a truncated season. The rule makers should surely have written into the regulations for the league procedures for just such a scenario for both individual clubs and the whole league. Something on the lines of before so many games - season voided, after x games - weighted averages and after y games - points per game on games played. There are a lot of people and a lot of money involved and I find it hard to believe that the current scenario hasn't been legislated for properly in order to avoid the issues which the league are now having to sort out. I bet there will be something in the regs from now on, if for no other reason to protect the league from unhappy clubs who feel they have been disadvantaged and are looking to take action against the organisers.

Statto

Quote from: Beamer on June 03, 2020, 12:23:10 PM
I'm not sure that re-starting the season has much to do with fairness but much more to do with money... Next season should be started when the numbers have reached a level where the expectation of infection is a lot less than it is at present.

I don't disagree that it's about money but is that really a bad thing to base the decision on? The time "when the numbers have reached a level where the expectation of infection is a lot less than it is at present" may be a year or two from now and without the money, what will English football even look like that stage? With no revenue until then, you could be looking at a complete exodus of players and coaching staff from the game and a majority of clubs facing bankruptcy. What's left over could resemble a pub league.

deadcowboys

Quote from: Beamer on June 03, 2020, 12:33:19 PM
One question I haven't seen asked is how football got itself into this mess re how to treat a truncated season. The rule makers should surely have written into the regulations for the league procedures for just such a scenario for both individual clubs and the whole league. Something on the lines of before so many games - season voided, after x games - weighted averages and after y games - points per game on games played. There are a lot of people and a lot of money involved and I find it hard to believe that the current scenario hasn't been legislated for properly in order to avoid the issues which the league are now having to sort out. I bet there will be something in the regs from now on, if for no other reason to protect the league from unhappy clubs who feel they have been disadvantaged and are looking to take action against the organisers.

Probably not reasonable to have thought any virus would cause this sort of chaos. Just have to look around the world at various Governments that have messed up with PPE etc.

Having said that, the obvious decision for Football & Rugby Union who are so far into their season is to end it now. Rugby League just starting their season have a different situation to resolve.

As far as i'm aware, the Prem (so i assume same for Champ) summer transfer window opens on 10th June with players registered from 1st July. So if Liverpool or Juventus or anyone else offer £50m for Mito on 10th June what do you do? Nothing has been resolved it seems about players who are out of contract on 30th June or where it leaves loan players. As i mentioned elsewhere, Charlton have their star striker not prepared to play as he seeks a big payday elsewhere & a loan player who doesnt want to come back.

There is no decision that can be made that is fair to everyone but by ending now & relegating bottom 3 in Prem, promote top 3 in Champ, relegate bottom 4 etc means the season would have finished under similar circumstances. Clubs can then prepare for next season however that pans out & recruit or sell as appropriate. If clubs want to go to court sling em out of the league.

Arthur

Quote from: deadcowboys on June 03, 2020, 01:17:37 PM
...the obvious decision for Football ... who are so far into their season is to end it now.

The absence of a course of action that is fair to all (as you acknowledge, below) is why it is not 'obvious' what to do, wouldn't you agree?

Quote from: deadcowboys on June 03, 2020, 01:17:37 PM
There is no decision that can be made that is fair to everyone but by ending now & relegating bottom 3 in Prem, promote top 3 in Champ, relegate bottom 4 etc means the season would have finished under similar circumstances. Clubs can then prepare for next season however that pans out & recruit or sell as appropriate.

By 'similar circumstances', I presume you consider that the effect of coronavirus could lead to 'not similar circumstances'. But if football is going to wait until the possibility that coronavirus could affect the outcome of matches has all but gone, how can clubs prepare for next season when they will have no idea when it will begin?

Andy S

If you do what you can to play the games in this present season and then the rate of infections goes down, before returning next winter when the same thing happens again it will be an on going nightmare.  There is no easy answer. Most people have forgotten this season now so it should be ended and would be without the tv money and the fact that Liverpool want to win the prem with record points. People would put their health at risk just to be there. It should be ended now as it is not set to improve anytime soon

Arthur

Quote from: Andy S on June 05, 2020, 09:47:30 AM
Most people have forgotten this season now so it should be ended...

My guess is that most supporters of Premier League and Championship clubs would prefer to try to finish the season. Is your view based on anything more than a guess?