more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Foreign Football Teams

Started by Russianrob, June 03, 2020, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Quote from: Jim© on June 05, 2020, 12:24:03 PM
Feyenoord due to dutch family ties. What a place the stadium is and hard to beat for atmosphere.

The traditional venue for Dutch cup finals. Have been past it on the train a few times but never been to a game there. Hopefully do it one day!

Their reserve team ground is just over the road from it and has a grandstand that wouldn't be out of place at a lower division club.

hurricane_nz

Wellington Phoenix in the A-League in Australia as they are my home town team. Having best season in their history till the season got suspended due to Covid 19

Fulham Gentleman

I followed Seoul Martyrs for a bit when I lived in Korea, but it was mainly for comic value. I enjoy watching football, even when its not Fulham involved, but find it difficult to support anyone else.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 05, 2020, 09:07:29 AM
Quote from: Vinnieffc on June 05, 2020, 08:27:28 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 04, 2020, 04:49:57 PM
Always liked Benfica,because of the great Eusebio.
1860 Munich, Bray (IRE),
Angers. Used to get to games for the first two. Only went to Angers twice but look out for their scores.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

1860 Munich and Slovan Brataslava were my Subbeteo teams back in late 70's
My mum's friend's son played for Slovan Bratislava in the mid 70's. His name was Marian Masny, and he was the Czech Kevin Keegan of his time. I used to have a match worn Czechoslovakia of his, sadly long since lost.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

RoyTund

1860 Munich. The real team in the city with as annoying Chelsea style upstarts or worse.

Slavia Sofia, also play in white and black.

Cambridge Pete

Used to work for Chicago Tribune and always thought a tie up between the Cubs as FFC would be a good fit. Not the same sport but iconic Stadiums, not a great deal of success and very loyal and knowledgeable supporters. If it has to be another football club then St Pauli

Somerset Fulham

Genoa and St Patrick from Malta.

Logicalman

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on January 21, 2021, 01:24:14 PM
Used to work for Chicago Tribune and always thought a tie up between the Cubs as FFC would be a good fit. Not the same sport but iconic Stadiums, not a great deal of success and very loyal and knowledgeable supporters. If it has to be another football club then St Pauli

Yup, Cubs and FFC are the perfect pairing, just ask the missus, she grew up in S. Chicago.

For me, the 'local' team are, well, somewhere nearer to Div 2 than Prem, so I guess I have watched more Timbers' games than any other team, simply because of JC's legacies at both Fulham and Timbers, though I still cannot get my head around the cutting of the log!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Dixie

St Mirren for me - play in black and white, never really trouble the top of the table. Never been to see them play, but it's on the bucket list.

On this subject, I have a favourite team in several foreign leagues as well... for various reasons:
- Brescia (Italy - Gheorghe Hagi played for them after leaving Real Madrid!)
- Real Madrid (Spain - family ties)
- Sparta Prague (Czech Republic - stag do)
- Lille (France - wife lived there)
- Hoffenheim (Germany - Sess (recent one that!))
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Asotosyios

Olympiakos in Greece was my team before Fulham.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

St Mirren play in Newcastle black n white stripes.....Ayr Utd same as Fulham,white top black shorts.

Dixie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 21, 2021, 02:20:16 PM
St Mirren play in Newcastle black n white stripes.....Ayr Utd same as Fulham,white top black shorts.
The other reason for St Mirren is that they were always the team i completed first in Panini sticker albums! Can't change that one now!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Dixie on January 21, 2021, 02:27:10 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 21, 2021, 02:20:16 PM
The other reason for St Mirren is that they were always the team i completed first in Panini sticker albums! Can't change that one now!

👍

lukeahar

First Vienna - I have some incredible memories watching them play during my time in Vienna. Football done right. Would love for Fulham to play them in a friendly.
@lukeahar

Whitesideup

I keep an eye out for Hearts and Raith Rovers, teams my Scottish grandfather followed.

winterline

I like Monaco since they were in division 2, Rennes , RB Leipzig, Molde FK, Celta Vigo, Atalanta, Toronto FC but Fulham has my heart

simplyfulham

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 03, 2020, 12:57:18 PM
I started following Royale Union Saint-Gilloise about 10 years ago for the stupid reason I noticed they had 2 Ghanaian players on loan from Fulham (who I never had heard of and had never played for Fulham)

http://www.rusg.brussels/albums/1/en

When I looked at the pictures of the main stand it struck me how much it looked like our ground

http://www.rusg.brussels/article/le-stade-joseph-marien/en

Was that Fulham's experiment with the right to dream academy? I know we had King Osei Gyan and Daniel Owusu on loan at Germinal Beerschot. (No idea why I know that)

I wasn't aware of any loaned to Saint-Gilloise but would be excited to learn of any connection between the two clubs. I'm more aware of Royal Union Saint-Gilloise more due to their relationships with local brewers in Brussels that I'm keen on.

vbg cottager

Really fell in love with Roma during the Totti, de Rossi years.

Still support them and it's nice to see Smalling playing at the Olimpico.

sunburywhite

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 21, 2021, 03:39:10 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on June 03, 2020, 12:57:18 PM
I started following Royale Union Saint-Gilloise about 10 years ago for the stupid reason I noticed they had 2 Ghanaian players on loan from Fulham (who I never had heard of and had never played for Fulham)

http://www.rusg.brussels/albums/1/en

When I looked at the pictures of the main stand it struck me how much it looked like our ground

http://www.rusg.brussels/article/le-stade-joseph-marien/en

Was that Fulham's experiment with the right to dream academy? I know we had King Osei Gyan and Daniel Owusu on loan at Germinal Beerschot. (No idea why I know that)

I wasn't aware of any loaned to Saint-Gilloise but would be excited to learn of any connection between the two clubs. I'm more aware of Royal Union Saint-Gilloise more due to their relationships with local brewers in Brussels that I'm keen on.

Spot on about the Right to Dream academy and even better done to remember the names. Thats how I first found out about RSG although they did play for Beerschot as you said
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

mrmicawbers

Real Ale Madrid.Our Quiz teams name.