watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How will it pan out?

Started by Andy S, June 02, 2020, 09:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

The type of game that can be played at the height of summer is completely different to the game in the middle of winter. Who will adapt best? Then there is the amount of games to be played in a short space of time. Then comes the unanswerable one no crowds so players can hear the managers barking instructions. What affect will it all have?

filham

Yes, I have raised these concerns on other threads,
It is going to be a nine match mini season run under unprecedented conditions, we may event be allowed 5 subs,
A good start is essential but we have a nine point cushion over the team in seventh place so should be favourites for a play off position.
Interesting to see how we would react if with six of the nine games played Leeds and West Brom have secured promotion while we have secured a play off place. Last three games become friendlies with us trying to preserve players for the play offs I imagine.

Fernhurst

Nine game mini season with our most talented players available and forthcoming games against the top two.

Win the first game and we will win the league.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Andy S

Anything is possible. One thing that does remain is the total of bookings that a clubs players have. Quite often clubs with full squads have full squads to select from but with a couple of injuries and bookings things can change. It is all unpredictable at the moment

filham

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 02, 2020, 11:47:54 AM
Nine game mini season with our most talented players available and forthcoming games against the top two.

Win the first game and we will win the league.
That is optimism at it's best but win the six pointers against Brentford, Leeds, Forrest and West Brom and we will be in with a shout for automatic promotion.

Fernhurst

Well, there's no way I'm missing the Brentford game. Bought a canoe and a rope ladder with grabble hooks.
Under the cover of darkness and clad in my Bob the builder outfit I will make entry and watch my beloved team smash the opposition.

COYLW  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on June 02, 2020, 11:23:15 AM
Yes, I have raised these concerns on other threads,
It is going to be a nine match mini season run under unprecedented conditions, we may event be allowed 5 subs,
A good start is essential but we have a nine point cushion over the team in seventh place so should be favourites for a play off position.
Interesting to see how we would react if with six of the nine games played Leeds and West Brom have secured promotion while we have secured a play off place. Last three games become friendlies with us trying to preserve players for the play offs I imagine.
Sounds like a good appraisal of things to me Filham.👍