watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looking on the bright side

Started by Beamer, June 22, 2020, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beamer

2 more points and we are safe from relegation and that hasn't always been the case with 8 games to play.   :wine:

filham

Cardiff could still beat us to a play off place. A lot still to play for in the Championship, but to succeed will mean scoring a few goals and there were not many signs of us doing that on Saturday.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Beamer on June 22, 2020, 03:19:49 PM
2 more points and we are safe from relegation and that hasn't always been the case with 8 games to play.   :wine:

Thank goodness for that.Once it is confirmed I shall down a large dram of Captain Morgan's Rum and sleep with a smile on my Boat Race just in case that is all I shall be celebrating this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Beamer

I must admit I am getting a bit fed up with "we need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal", "if we had taken our chances", "we created some good chances", "if one of those early chances had gone in" etc etc. At what point do you say that players who are employed to take those chances and cannot are simply not up to the required standard at this level and we need to cast around for some who are. Before anyone says it, I realise that they are the hardest players to find but none we have purchased to date (excluding Mitro) looks like a natural finisher when those hard worked for opportunities arise.

AnOldBrownie

On the bright side.

We're still 3rd...with Brentford arguably being the hardest team (for us due to matchups) that we had left on the schedule.

Leeds and WB might have more points than we do, but it's only 7 with 8 games to go, and I don't think either of them are better teams.    Leeds has been shite when it comes to scoring goals their last 8 games.

Harrison Reed looks to have solidified what I considered to be a very weak CDM spot.  If KMac had the work rate of Reed I'd say he's our best CDM, but right now it's Harrison.

Michael Hector is Michael Hector.   As good as any other CB I've watched in the Championship.

Mitro had a good # of shots on goal.

It was the first game back and outside of the two conceded goals we weren't noticeably worse than a good Brentford...who are apparently a poor matchup for Fulham.