watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That might be it ..

Started by Robbie, June 20, 2020, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Talk Sport 2 saying many FFC players did not look match fit..
Another Brentford Smash and Grab

Playoffs will be dreadful...  far too late in season to want to get up to the PL

FFC1987

I said we'd just about get 6th, i'm being hopeful of that.

filham

Forget automatic promotion it is going to be a struggle to make the play offs.
Really we started where we left off in that we are struggling to score a goal or even to get into the opposing penalty area.

Buffalo76

Very uninspiring performance today. Forget all about top 2 finish.

SuffolkWhite

I thought we did ok but second half thought we were either lacking match fitness or sat back as a tactic.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Southdowns White

Almost walking football at times!

KJS

That's screwed your Saturday! back to crap results said I'm not missing it and that confirms it football is irrelevant in this present time all is about is cash.

RoyTund

Questions need to be asked on our prep. Obvious comparison is what Brentford did over the last 2 weeks.

Bill2

Brentford in the second half had high press which apparently they did at the away game. Parker should have known they would try this and had a tactic to resolve, he didn't. Also who was meant to be tracking back on our left to cover the overlap. Take look at the first goal, they were doing that all afternoon.

WindyCity

Sadly, FFC got what was deserved in the end.  Actually, I felt they played a pretty good game throughout and looked better than anticipated after long layoff.  Had a couple of great scoring chances but couldn't convert.  I was thinking with 5 minutes to go, the way the game was playing out, which was pretty even, I would be happy with a nil-nil draw.  But Brentford to their credit kept pressing and playing on.  FFC defense was lacking for many parts of the game on the deep right side, and it came up to bite them in the final minutes.  Had FFC converted earlier (Reid/Mitro) the outcome might have been different.  Not gonna cry about this loss, it was deserved.  Auto promo probably out of reach at this point, but FFC must do better than today if they still want to qualify for playoffs.

bill taylors apprentice

Its Fulham, I expect nothing else.

ChesterTheTabby

Can't do anything when all focus goes to one striker. It's pathetic really. Our midfield is toothless.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Baszab

Typical FFC and exactly as predicted

Played well - missed two great chances - but not enough attacking dynamic

Weak cover at the end

Didn't deserve to lose

Ordar

Quote from: Baszab on June 20, 2020, 02:57:17 PM

Played well

Didn't deserve to lose

I think we watched different games

Baszab

probably not !!

We only deserved to lose because Brentford were better than us !

Penfold

Thought Brentford looked the fitter team and our subs weakened us.

In terms of money spent on transfers and wages, Brentford well below us. They've just done it better.

RoyTund

Quote from: Baszab on June 20, 2020, 02:57:17 PM

Played well - missed two great chances - but not enough attacking dynamic

Weak cover at the end

Didn't deserve to lose

I think a draw was prob fair but we surrendered the initiative in the final part of the game either due to fitness or tactics.  Again, I think this squad is underperforming. And we won't have mitro next year if we don't go up. Feel this year is or was our best opportunity.

Twig

Quote from: KJS on June 20, 2020, 02:47:08 PM
That's screwed your Saturday! back to crap results said I'm not missing it and that confirms it football is irrelevant in this present time all is about is cash.

Lol, but you had to come on here and post didn't you. WUM

grandad

After a fairly even 1st half the writing was on the wall in the 2nd, especially after an hour. Our game got slower & sloppier. This was the time for subs & a change with our defensive formation especially on our left. Bryan was so often caught in no mans land.
What have our players been doing in the last 10 weeks? The Club have provided all the fitness equipment the players needed. Brentford were fitter, faster, were quicker breaking forward. Parker has to take a lot of blame for being out managed.
Brentford´s use of their subs made the difference, ours made things worse.
Automatic promotion has gone. It is now up to Parker & the squad to cement a 3rd spot & at worse 6th.
Where there's a will there's a wife

LittleErn

Quote from: RoyTund on June 20, 2020, 02:48:31 PM
Questions need to be asked on our prep. Obvious comparison is what Brentford did over the last 2 weeks.

too right! How many friendlies?