watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We wont go up and.......

Started by somersetwhite, June 20, 2020, 03:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somersetwhite

Who will be left from today's starting 11 and will Parker still be manager. Bearing in mind I think we have the best squad in the division....

Penfold

I do like these best squad in the division posts. I can only judge them from what I've seen, and they are nowhere near it on that basis. Is it the coach? Quite possibly.

St Eve

That was a huge game for us and we want in it looking for a draw. I don't get it

Bill2

We need more goal scorers. Only Mitro with a little help from a couple of others, which is why AK should have been in the squad.

itombomb

Not that many will be picked off from us, most players have long contracts and we don't need to sell unless bigger PL/european clubs come in for them.

Mitro obviously. Behind that depends if PL clubs will take a punt on Hector, Bryan (they shouldn't, but we'll see) or Rodak. I guess we'd try and sign Reed, while we'd let the other loanees go.

Brentford a much better run club

RoyTund

Quote from: Penfold on June 20, 2020, 03:13:27 PM
I do like these best squad in the division posts. I can only judge them from what I've seen, and they are nowhere near it on that basis. Is the coach? Quite possibly.

I think our strength lies in attacking. I feel 2 of our back 4 at least should not be starters. I know it's Teflon Ream on here but out of position yet again. We would best served not trying to sit back.

Penfold

Quote from: RoyTund on June 20, 2020, 03:17:16 PM
I do like these best squad in the division posts. I can only judge them from what I've seen, and they are nowhere near it on that basis. Is the coach? Quite possibly.

I think our strength lies in attacking. I feel 2 of our back 4 at least should not be starters. I know it's Teflon Ream on here but out of position yet again. We would best served not trying to sit back.

Odoi and Ream past their best and Joe Bryan doesn't look a good defender. I personally think we need to be more attacking, but it's far too pedestrian. Bookies had Brentford as favourites and they were correct to do so. If it had been a pre season game, you would have suspected they were a week or two ahead in their preparation.

AnOldBrownie

No.  We have the best #9 in the league.   Doesn't mean attacking is our strength.   

Our midfield and our wingers don't work very well together considering how statistically talented they are.   Based on #s we should have way more assist, and way more goals from people not named Mitro.

Arthur

I know it's Teflon Ream on here but out of position yet again.

I guess it depends on your perspective. 'Teflon Ream' to you but, to me, yours is unjustified criticism.

I thought he, Hector and Reed worked really well together to break up Brentford's attacks. It should have been the foundation for us to win the game, but the more attack-minded players in our team weren't doing their jobs to the same standard as these three. As has been noted by others before me, if we were vulnerable at all, it was in allowing Brentford too much space down our left flank too often.

JimOG

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 20, 2020, 03:31:50 PM

No.  We have the best #9 in the league.   Doesn't mean attacking is our strength.   

AK was injured but oh for an Ollie Watkins next to Mitro - our play is too obvious . Look at Brentford's spread of scorers & then look at ours. We really aren't a great attacking threat

Our midfield and our wingers don't work very well together considering how statistically talented they are.   Based on #s we should have way more assist, and way more goals from people not named Mitro.

alfie

Quote from: Bill2 on June 20, 2020, 03:16:39 PM
We need more goal scorers. Only Mitro with a little help from a couple of others, which is why AK should have been in the squad.
There is probably a very good reason why AK was not in the squad, let's not start saying the word "should" because we don't know why
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Ironically, I think we're gone the opposite way in terms of strength. I think we defend much better than we attack and create chances.....

Penfold

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 20, 2020, 03:31:50 PM

I should re-quote that. Our strength should be in attacking. Unfortunately, two signings who I thought would be a great assistance in this, Cavaliero and Knockaert, have disappointed me big time.

Skatzoffc

Were not losing because of the defence.
Were losing because we move the ball forward too slowly and don't create anywhere near enough chances considering we, apparently, have the best squad in the league.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Classic94

Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 20, 2020, 11:29:45 PM
Were not losing because of the defence.
Were losing because we move the ball forward too slowly and don't create anywhere near enough chances considering we, apparently, have the best squad in the league.

Spot on. Our defence isn't brilliant but far from the main issue. We are consistently turgid, slow and predictable in attack. Nowhere near enough contributions from those not named Mitrovic - Cavaleiro, Reid, Knockaert and Cairney to name a few. All have woefully underperformed. Ability-wise, I refuse to believe that this squad isn't amongst the top two in the league. Nothing against Parker, he's a rookie after all, but we simply need better.

RaySmith

Still have a good chance of going up - should  make the play-offs at least.

Slaphead in Qatar

This all has the feel Of getting to the play offs But not getting promoted. As a team we are far too predictable - yesterday was a very good example of our limitations as a team - lots of possession but limited penetration

SuffolkWhite

We will make top 6 but not sure we will get through the Playoffs.Someone said if we meet Brentford over two games we wont have a chance, I think if we met them in the Final we would be hard pressed to beat them. They are such a bogey team for us.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Skatzoffc

Not a bogey team imo.
Just better. No way we get past them in playoffs.
Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Arthur

Quote from: Skatzoffc on June 21, 2020, 10:15:36 AM
Not a bogey team imo.
Just better. No way we get past them in playoffs.
Lol

If Brentford don't fulfil the definition of a bogey team, who does?

We've only won one of our last 19 home matches against them, stretching back more than 30 years. No one can claim they've been better than us since the 1980's.