watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Missed opportunity

Started by South Coast White, June 20, 2020, 05:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Well with WBA slipping up today just adds to the frustration, could have been within 4 and having to play them!!!!!!

DevonFFC

One of the two above could have been caught it's just a shame we won't be the team to do it. It was a gutless and tiresome performance in which I think some of our squad took the opportunity to do nothing over the isolation period.
Can't blame Parker for the players own fitness schedules or lack of.

grandad

This is the story of my 66 years of supporting. Just when things could be about to turn in our favour they go & kick us in the teeth.
Where there's a will there's a wife

AnOldBrownie

We're still 3rd with 8 games to play.   An opportunity lost, yes.   More opportunities to be had?  Yup.   

Need to focus on beating Leeds.

Arthur

The way I see it, with West Brom playing after us, it is they who have missed an opportunity to all but end our chances of catching them. To me, news of their failure to win is consolation - albeit in small measure.

Sgt Fulham

We have had so many chances. The league this year was easy and we still messed up.

FFC1987

Considering how many opportunities we've had to capitalise on closing that gap, and failed miserably, we'll ultimately get what we deserve. FYI, that'll be another year in the championship. I'm just hoping when that coems TK and co. are prepared for the players we'll lose and sensibly decide that management this year as been surplus to requirement. 

WindyCity

I think this season has been all about missed opportunities.  I recall posting during the second month of the season that the dropped points over the first 7-8 games could come back and haunt us.  Dropping points v teams FFC should easily have handled or dropped points in games that should have produced more.

Obviously with WBA drawing and Leeds losing yet another opportunity for advancement has been squandered.  This team has been a bit of an enigma.  Lacking consistency.  You just never know who is gonna show up to play on any given game day.  Very frustrating.
I've seen some members here always say that FFC is the 'best' team in this league, yet they continue to struggle, and, yes, there is a chance FFC doesn't even finish top 6.  I just can't buy that sort of talk.  It's all about producing on the pitch, simple as that.  Whatever posters here think FFC is "on paper", it doesn't mean squat.

I still think FFC has a very good team and can reach promotion.  BUT, they had better do it THIS season, while the chance is there.  If FFC does not gain promotion I can see an extended stay in the Champ.  We'll lose some of our best/key players and you may be looking at a re-build of sorts which will keep promotion chances slim in the near term.

AnOldBrownie

So both top sides missed their opportunity as well.

Like I said.   There will be other opportunities.   COYW!!!! 049:gif

Forum is a bit quiet after WB and Leeds also squandered their chances.

First week back after almost 3 months off is a wash.

Next week is the opportunity.