watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Captain Tom.

Started by Baston White, June 20, 2020, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baston White

Not sure what our beloved captain was on when he said the following but he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror when he gets home tonight!!!

Fulham captain Tom Cairney says they can still catch the top two but have "no room for slip-ups" once the Championship restarts on Saturday.

The third-placed Cottagers are six points behind West Brom and seven adrift of leaders Leeds as they prepare for the final nine games of the season.

"I don't think the best footballing side will necessarily have the most success," Cairney said.

The former Hull and Blackburn midfielder told BBC Radio London: "It will be the team that dogs it out, stays together and goes that extra mile for each other when it gets really hard."

Totally at fault for their first goal not even bothering to try and track their player!!

Statto

He got stuck in at times, and by his standards showed decent levels of grit and bravery IMO.

The fact he's naturally a bit of a lightweight player and/or perhaps a bit less fit than he ought to be after the lockdown, isn't really something he could have fixed during the game today.

At the end of the day, players are forced to say this sort of thing on the website, and inevitably sometimes their comments are going to look a bit silly with hindsight. Bit unfair to throw their words back at them in those circumstances, IMO.

Twig

I thought he had a decent game, agree with Statto on that. And what else would you expect him to say, hoist the white flag??

FPT

I thought he was a passenger today, really poor and we needed him to get a foothold of the game. However, the years of quality service have bought him an off-game here and there I think. Though admittedly that's very pacifist way of thinking about it.

FulhamStu

Cairney is a very good player but a problem knowing where to play him, especially in a 4-3-3.   I have said for ages that with 3 attacking players in front of him, his work rate is just not good enough.  He is good going forward but his ability to get back goal side is extremely poor.  Time and time again Brentford has space in midfield that was there because we only had Reid covering.  In fact, having D-Reed also in the 3 made it even worse.   D-Reed does have must more energy than Cairney but is yet another attacking player.  When we dominate the ball we get away with it because we are not needing to get players behind the ball but Brentford had as much possession as us and certainly broke quicker.   Cairney needs 2 working midfield players behind him, Kmac and Reid, or even Arter and Reid.  D-Reed should either replace Cairney or play in the front 3.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Twig on June 20, 2020, 08:39:52 PM
I thought he had a decent game, agree with Statto on that. And what else would you expect him to say, hoist the white flag??
I agree that TC sometimes appears not to be pushing himself as much as he could.
However, I agree that players feel obliged to back their club.
They are very well paid for it, but sometimes it is possible they don't agree with everything they are required to promote, within and also outside their club sides.