watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How much will we miss Mitro

Started by The Swan, June 29, 2020, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

As one of our best strikers Mitro has won us many games. He has been a bit under performing lately.
Can we start this game against Rangers with some of our under 23 side.

I think a young lad called Standsfield ( I think that his name) might be able to step up and size his chance.
The Swan

fulhamben

Quote from: The Swan on June 29, 2020, 08:01:23 PM
As one of our best strikers Mitro has won us many games. He has been a bit under performing lately.

I think a young lad called Standsfield ( I think that his name) might be able to step up and size his chance.
stansfield is in the under 18s and is only 17. yes i would like him to be in the squad, same as taylor crossdale. we have been talking about just that in my will parker pick a striker thread
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

Quote from: fulhamben on June 29, 2020, 08:04:10 PM

stansfield is in the under 18s and is only 17. yes i would like him to be in the squad, same as taylor crossdale. we have been talking about just that in my will parker pick a striker thread
What about the guy Jasper, never heard of him and yet he came on against Brentford?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on June 29, 2020, 08:27:10 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 29, 2020, 08:04:10 PM

What about the guy Jasper, never heard of him and yet he came on against Brentford?
hes a winger
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Being without Miro and having Kamar unfit at the same time is a huge problem, can't think of a solution.

Plodder

You never know, it might be a blessing in disguise. Sometimes, I think the team metaphorically doffs its cap to, and is mesmerised by, Mitrovic. "Must find Mitrovic to hold it and bring others into play", "Must get the ball wide to Joe Bryan to cross to see if he can find Mitrovic" etc.  I was impressed by Jay Stansfield against Aston Villa in the FA Cup, and although he is no Mitrovic in almost all facets of the game as a striker, the one aspect where he is without question superior to Mitrovic is speed.  Maybe his intelligent channel runs will revitalise Cairney, who struggles to find an option for a telling through ball at the moment, and the other players will have to be more creative in attack rather than automatically looking for Mitrovic.  If things go well for Stansfield, and (assuming we don't do a Devon Loch) we reach the play-offs, we may by chance have hit on a Mitrovic-Stansfield combination where the attributes of one complements the attributes of the other.  Even if it is not Stansfield who plays up front, the necessity of playing without Mitrovic may prompt better performances from others

That was the optimistic version.  The pessimist says "Or we could just get worse".

The Rational Fan

It is a blessing in disguise
Mason Greenwood (1/10/2001) for Under 18s in 2017/18: 17 games and 16 goals in 1158 mins.
Jay Stansfield (24/11/2002) for under 18s in 2019/20: 14 games and 22 goals in 1238 mins.

We get to try some new players before the playoffs and next season, I really think we are only one or two players away from a quality team that can win the playoffs or next season the championship. If Stansfield proves a replacement for Mitrovic, we can cash Mitrovic in for £30m and really improve the squad.

We may even find most of those players are already at the club as MLM, Mawson, Onamah, Kamara, Reid and Stansfield all have breakout potential (like Reed has done). Once, we find those extra couple of players then Hector, Bryan and Cav will stop trying to do too much and perform too.

Jims Dentist

Defensive headers from set pieces will be a big miss.