News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Briefly,what changes could we make to win the play off?

Started by Tempest, June 28, 2020, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

For me, just let the players play with an attacking freedom,  take the shackles off and give the players the responsibility of on pitch game management

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

rebel

You've got it in a 'nutshell', tell them to 'just go out and play'.

Statto

Play Cavaleiro/AK47 on the right and Knockaert/Bryan on the left and tell them to get down to the byline, make time for Cairney, Reid et al to get in the box then roll low, deft crosses  back to the penalty spot like we used to.

Inverted wingers shooting from 30 yards or pumping long crosses to an isolated Mitrovic is predictable and not working.

I actually think we've a good chance in the play-offs by virtue of most senior squad members having been through the process a couple of times already

Whitestone

Quote from: Statto on June 28, 2020, 02:04:20 PM
Play Cavaleiro/AK47 on the right and Knockaert/Bryan on the left and tell them to get down to the byline, make time for Cairney, Reid et al to get in the box then roll low, deft crosses  back to the penalty spot like we used to.

Inverted wingers shooting from 30 yards or pumping long crosses to an isolated Mitrovic is predictable and not working.

I actually think we've a good chance in the play-offs by virtue of most senior squad members having been through the process a couple of times already

I agree with all of this. I think Joe Bryan would be more effective further forward and with Odoi at left full back we should get better cover down that side which has been leaky of late.

David Allen Crankshaw

Stop playing this ridiculous system of inverted wingers. It makes us so slow and predictable.

bobby01

Quote from: Statto on June 28, 2020, 02:04:20 PM

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Ordar

I agree with scrapping the inverted wingers. I also think we should totally stop the fullbacks getting forward. We are constantly exposed by the space they leave behind. Also there's too much messing about with the ball in dangerous areas for no reason. Basically we gift the opposition way too many clear cut chances.

Attack wise. God knows. We have no creativity or goalscoring from midfield (nor set pieces).

The whole tempo Of how the team plays needs dramatically increasing. Everything is too slow.

RaySmith

In our best period, when we played really well- after we'd conceded and the remainder of the first half, i thought we did play with more pace and urgency, and should have been in front - if chances had been put away, and we'd been awarded a clear pen.

In the second, we were again undone by terrible errors in defence, conceding early again, and then trying to chase the game in a uphill struggle.

One thing - i think we will begin playing better, as the players get back into it.
Ream and Hector weren't their pre-lock down selves for a start, though Hector,  still saved us a few times,and they weren't the only ones, but our defending was obviously error prone.

Leeds looked a yard faster, but going in front  so early must have helped their confidence.

AK47 would help in attack, but  GJ said he  might be out for weeks.

B C-Reid seems lacking in confidence in front of goal, but who to replace him? A goal would  help him  a lot, I think.

I feel that we will begin playing better as the games  go on, though this needs to happen sooner rather than later, and have a good chance of retaining a play-off place, and hopefully, going onto  win.

Still all to play for.

bill taylors apprentice

colinwhite

leed swerent any better than us in open play ,in fact most of the time wewere the better side. The one thing they did better than us was for all 3 of their goals was to  get players into the box in multiple positions when the ball was sucessfully cut back from the bi-line. We didnt defend those situations particularly well either.

H4usuallysitting