watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Life is too cosy at Fulham

Started by ffcne, June 28, 2020, 09:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcne

Players on decent wages ,nice area of London to train and play football.
No real fan pressure.
Think Parker is too familiar with the players maybe
lack of discipline  and respect.
All too comfortable .
Summed up by Cairney on a decent contract just seems to be going through the motions.
No desire from the players.
Astonished that people like De la Torre and O Reilly and Sessegnon have not been given a chance.
Cav ,Reid ,knockeart very disappointing again lack desire,
Just picking up the money.

filham

Lets get that German tyrant back, he would solve a lot of those problems.

Cambridge Pete

Have to say I fear there may be a bit of this. We apparently have the highest wage bill in the Division. Some are suggesting offloading a number of players. When watching some of them I get the feeling that they would rather be out in their expensive cars than playing. Question: Who else would be willing to pay their wages for the sort of performances we are having to watch?  They need a shake up and I fear that Mr Parker is not the man to do it.

Baszab

Both Leeds and Brentford had a bit of extra desire to beat us
I thought Leeds were pretty average as a footballing team

But Bielsa  is a proper coach and changed the game at half time

SP - does have the tactical nous ?
Can he motivate our "stars" out of their cosy environment

Beginning to think unlikely

Fernhurst

Interesting, I've had similar thoughts for a while. We really need to receive more bang for our buck.
We also have quite a few who are "on the turn" meaning their very best days are in their rear view mirrors.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

The fact that Mitro used his elbow so early on suggests to me a total lack of self discipline in a very important game for the club. 10 men for 88 minutes obviously didn't cross his mind.   

092.gif 

Baszab

Mitro's elbow

A sign of disrespect to the manager .... and his team ??
If so, then something not right about the setup at the moment

Or just plain thick ?

alfie

Quote from: Baszab on June 28, 2020, 11:16:41 AM
Mitro's elbow

A sign of disrespect to the manager .... and his team ??
If so, then something not right about the setup at the moment

Or just plain thick ?
2nd option for me, although replace thick with stupid.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffcne

Maybe Parker said rough him up in first few minutes which was like a red rag
to a bull for Mitro

Vinnieffc

Quote from: filham on June 28, 2020, 09:30:32 AM
Lets get that German tyrant back, he would solve a lot of those problems.
Say Cheese [emoji39]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

colinwhite

Dont agree that it was motivation yesterday. a couple of mistakes which they mad the absolute most of. We were otherwise excellent in the first half an start of second. They scored 3 goals on the break ,if thats superior nouse then so be it. Had we got the gola we deserved it could have been quite different. Thats football.

Whitestone

Quote from: colinwhite on June 28, 2020, 03:05:23 PM
Dont agree that it was motivation yesterday. a couple of mistakes which they mad the absolute most of. We were otherwise excellent in the first half an start of second. They scored 3 goals on the break ,if thats superior nouse then so be it. Had we got the gola we deserved it could have been quite different. Thats football.

I can't disagree with the points made. The issue for me though is that this has been a repeating story this season. Played ok but didn't take our chances. Something needs putting right if we're going to start winning games more consistently. Stubbornness cost Slav his job and unless Parker adapts his style he'll go the same way.

ffcne

Quote from: colinwhite on June 28, 2020, 03:05:23 PM

Same old story.Excellent, but did not go in at HT with a 2-0 nil lead .
Why could we have not been excellent in the 2nd half?
Might have got a point.
Been happening all season.

Nero

Well if dropping from 3rd to 5th over the weekend doesn't spark reaction form players and mangers they all need to seriously look at themselves, expect a 3 goal win a QPR or we wont even make the play offs 

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: bog on June 28, 2020, 11:11:15 AM
The fact that Mitro used his elbow so early on suggests to me a total lack of self discipline in a very important game for the club. 10 men for 88 minutes obviously didn't cross his mind.   

092.gif 

Yes I read more into his actions than "A bit of red mist' - showed a lack of care for the consequences