watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 youngsters earlier in the season

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, June 30, 2020, 01:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

During a game earlier in the season 2 'youngsters' came on as subs, I can't remember their names.
One of them buzzed about up front causing all sorts of trouble, very exciting player.
Who and where is he ?
Give him a go, nothing to lose right now.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

fulhamben

Possibly stansfield and Taylor crossdale. And yes I agree.  Both have a fantastic scoring record. And should at least make the match day squad.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Whitestone

Taylor-Crossdale has only made the first team once. He was a 92nd minute sub against Southampton in the EFL Cup. I've no idea if he's any good or a future prospect. I suspect that Stansfield is more highly regarded as he made the match day squad several times earlier in the season.

Bill2

The trouble with playing talented youngsters you will have the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Utd and a few others watching and thinking how can we poach them for a set of training bibs.

fulhamben

Quote from: Bill2 on June 30, 2020, 01:38:01 PM
The trouble with playing talented youngsters you will have the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Utd and a few others watching and thinking how can we poach them for a set of training bibs.
this was mentioned yesterday, and I'll repeat what I said then. Liverpool did not sign Harvey Elliot on the back of his 2 appearances for fulham. Big teams scout academies. All the big teams will be very aware of what stansfield has done this season. And Taylor crossdale dropped down from Chelsea where he was on fire to get game time. Not playing them will also be a reason for them to leave as they could earn more money for also not playing Elsewhere.

Penfold

Quote from: fulhamben on June 30, 2020, 01:46:54 PM
this was mentioned yesterday, and I'll repeat what I said then. Liverpool did not sign Harvey Elliot on the back of his 2 appearances for fulham. Big teams scout academies. All the big teams will be very aware of what stansfield has done this season. And Taylor crossdale dropped down from Chelsea where he was on fire to get game time. Not playing them will also be a reason for them to leave as they could earn more money for also not playing Elsewhere.

Spot on. If we can't play talented young players due to the fear of the big boys poaching them, it's time to scrap the academy and adopt the Brentford method.

fulhamben

Quote from: Penfold on June 30, 2020, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 30, 2020, 01:46:54 PM

Spot on. If we can't play talented young players due to the fear of the big boys poaching them, it's time to scrap the academy and adopt the Brentford method.
game time is literally the only thing we can offer more of that the big boys cant, give them some, get them hooked

res

Quote from: rogerpnowinFlorida on June 30, 2020, 01:09:05 PM
During a game earlier in the season 2 'youngsters' came on as subs, I can't remember their names.
One of them buzzed about up front causing all sorts of trouble, very exciting player.
Who and where is he ?
Give him a go, nothing to lose right now.

You may be thinking of Stansfield (who has scored for fun in the U18s and a few for the U23s) and Jasper (who has been on the first team bench post lockdown and came on at the end of the Leeds game. Both look good, and, especially for Stansfield, deserve game time at some stage.

res

Quote from: Whitestone on June 30, 2020, 01:27:57 PM
Taylor-Crossdale has only made the first team once. He was a 92nd minute sub against Southampton in the EFL Cup. I've no idea if he's any good or a future prospect. I suspect that Stansfield is more highly regarded as he made the match day squad several times earlier in the season.
Stansfield is more highly regarded. My feeling is that Taylor-Crossdale has been a bit disappointing certainly in terms of goal output, albeit with very little support in the U 23s