News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many match winning games has Cairney had this season?

Started by sunburywhite, June 30, 2020, 09:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Do you think he is sharp or influential as he was under Salv? (not saying we should get Slav back)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Rational Fan

If he gets "man of the match" in the playoff final again, then he has had a great season.

He started slower this season but from now on is where the season is won or lost.

rebel

Cairney is a confidence player, he needs everything to be 100% to play his best football. He's had a 'patchy season' at best.
You can tell the moment he walks on the pitch, what sort of match he's going to have. Body language is very telling. He looked like a 'ghost' on Saturday.

Andy S

Rubbish he has a lot of excuses made for him he needs to be sold this summer

FPT

I don't think he's been as influential. I don't think he's dominated games in the same manner though I wouldn't be stunned if the numbers weren't too far off. I just think this team is too passive in its possession.

I think the best use of data to sum it up is:

This season top 5 short passes:

Tim Ream
Tom Cairney
Alfie Mawson
Joe Bryan
Denis Odoi

Slavisa Jokanovic's promotion season - top 5 short passes:

Tom Cairney
Tim Ream
Kevin McDonald
Stefan Johansen
Ollie Norwood

This to me, speaks so many volumes. Jokanovic's side focused so much more around midfield domination, whereas Parker is pitter patter around the back. That's why it feels like we have no real strangle hold on the game, the opposition defence and midfield don't have to worry about anything, it's all happening in front of them. ALFIE HASN'T PLAYED A LEAGUE GAME THIS YEAR and he's still in the top 3.