watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Parker Fails......

Started by South Coast White, June 30, 2020, 02:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Who do you realistically think the Khans will make a move for?

Jimsbeerbelly

I'd like us to throw some money at Eddie Howe.

Think he's had his time at Bournemouth, and both he and the Club are going in different directions.

Granted, he's not had the best of seasons, but, Bournemouth have punched well above their weight with him in charge.

Think he'd be a great fit, plays the right type of football, and is a man manager / motivator.

Also, he may be able to change our philosophy a bit, work with the younger players, and maybe spot talent from the lower leagues.

No doubt he'll be hot property if he does leave, but, will he work under a certain Tony Khan?     

ByTheRiver

It's too difficult a question to answer at this time with so many variables - as in when is he removed, who then becomes available once the season is over, what league are we in next season (the 'pot' to pick from would change significantly), etc. My own view is that I hope Javier Pereira is heavily involved in the selection otherwise he role (and bringing him back) seems a little pointless.

Also, I guess it depends on individuals view of 'fail' and what that means in terms of Parker's role. Personally, if we creep up in he play offs, I'd still be looking to change Parker. Greater depth of choice as a Premiership club and I would be very worried about Parker coming up against some of the worlds best managers when he is out coached and tactically beaten by Championship managers every week.

So, in short, difficult to say until the season ends for me.

RaySmith

But last season he did better in the Prem than  Slav or Ranieri didn't he?

ByTheRiver

Quote from: RaySmith on June 30, 2020, 03:14:11 PM

With a side that had played together for a full season and built (at least some) cohesion as opposed to Slav having to play CBs that arrived the night before a game to injuries, keepers that didn't speak the language, etc etc. And with all pressure off as the team were down (historically, relegated clubs tend to pick up once relegated as the pressure is off).

Ultimately, it's difficult to compare the three like for like as its not quite as simple as saying all had 13 games (for example) and x won this many and x won that many. There are many variables that make it a lot less black and white.

The one thing I will say (and it almost goes against what I previously said), mainly as I feel I am constantly posting negative stuff about Parker, is that I feel the tactics and setup this year were probably better suited to the premiership where we are underdog in approx. 85% of the games.

ALG01

I think parker will be our manager next season no matter what.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: ALG01 on June 30, 2020, 04:44:11 PM

Have a heart. The world is a depressing enough place at the moment as it is!  :dft004:

filham

This thread really has to be discontinued until the end of the season.
Right now we are at a low and Parker has one hell of a task in motivating the team, the least we can do is to give him some support.

mkras99

alfie

Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 30, 2020, 04:33:41 PM

With a side that had played together for a full season and built (at least some) cohesion as opposed to Slav having to play CBs that arrived the night before a game to injuries, keepers that didn't speak the language, etc etc. And with all pressure off as the team were down (historically, relegated clubs tend to pick up once relegated as the pressure is off).

Ultimately, it's difficult to compare the three like for like as its not quite as simple as saying all had 13 games (for example) and x won this many and x won that many. There are many variables that make it a lot less black and white.

The one thing I will say (and it almost goes against what I previously said), mainly as I feel I am constantly posting negative stuff about Parker, is that I feel the tactics and setup this year were probably better suited to the premiership where we are underdog in approx. 85% of the games.
I still question whether he had to shove all those signings in one go, if he did then it was his fault, if he was told to then it's his fault for allowing that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ByTheRiver

Quote from: alfie on June 30, 2020, 05:13:00 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 30, 2020, 04:33:41 PM

I still question whether he had to shove all those signings in one go, if he did then it was his fault, if he was told to then it's his fault for allowing that.

Given that it has been widely alluded to that a lot were not his signings, I wouldn't have thought he did...

Anyway, it's a Parker thread not a Slav thread and I don't want to be accused of dragging it off-piste. Slav is not coming back, so we move on...

RaySmith

I think he must of felt he needed to do that, because he didn't think the players  who'd won promotion, that were  still there, were good enough.

fulhamben

yes and cookie did well with tiganas team, untill he started selling the players and replacing them with his own.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

TK will only employ a possession based manager, he said in his interview that it was a mistake going for a manager with Ranieris style and he regrets appointing him

So that rules out Houghton, Karanka, Big Sam etc. Of possession based managers available I would look at Montella / Marco Silva / Rubi / Schreuder

My pick would actually be QSF but not sure he fits a possession based manager description
STH H3

filham

Quote from: @jolslover on June 30, 2020, 05:54:09 PM
TK will only employ a possession based manager, he said in his interview that it was a mistake going for a manager with Ranieris style and he regrets appointing him

So that rules out Houghton, Karanka, Big Sam etc. Of possession based managers available I would look at Montella / Marco Silva / Rubi / Schreuder

My pick would actually be QSF but not sure he fits a possession based manager description

So are we saying that even if a new manager comes in we will still be watching continuous Parker Ball.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on June 30, 2020, 06:07:04 PM

So are we saying that even if a new manager comes in we will still be watching continuous Parker Ball.
no, slav team played nothing like the crap parker serves up. and i wouldnt say no to pep either
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on June 30, 2020, 02:28:00 PM
I'd like us to throw some money at Eddie Howe.

Think he's had his time at Bournemouth, and both he and the Club are going in different directions.

Granted, he's not had the best of seasons, but, Bournemouth have punched well above their weight with him in charge.

Think he'd be a great fit, plays the right type of football, and is a man manager / motivator.

Also, he may be able to change our philosophy a bit, work with the younger players, and maybe spot talent from the lower leagues.

No doubt he'll be hot property if he does leave, but, will he work under a certain Tony Khan?     

100%. If they go down I'd love to get him in, whether we get promoted or not.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on June 30, 2020, 06:09:26 PM
Quote from: filham on June 30, 2020, 06:07:04 PM

no, slav team played nothing like the crap parker serves up. and i wouldnt say no to pep either

Agree. Parker plays possession but not very well
STH H3

General

Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 30, 2020, 04:50:35 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on June 30, 2020, 04:44:11 PM

Have a heart. The world is a depressing enough place at the moment as it is!  :dft004:

haha

St Eve

Offer a boat load of money to Pochettino