News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Prker thinks the performances in the last 2 games have been pleasing ...

Started by howitis, June 30, 2020, 04:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on July 01, 2020, 02:07:53 PM

I haven't watched it, I'm going by the essence ('everything is fine') of what you've put in your post below, as for being dishonest, I'd say I'm very honest, 

'It is quite easy to see where he's coming from. We were playing two of the best teams in the league back to back. In the first game we were the slightly better team for most of the game and had an edge in clear cut chances. In the other game we were quite clearly the better team for about 60 minutes. So if you for one second can manage to take your mind of the actual results in those games we haven't performed that badly, quite the contrary actually. So that's probably what he meant, as I am sure he is also not pleased with the results or with the individual performances in key moments in front of both goals.'

If you haven't watched it, maybe you shouldn't complain about it online? In part that could of course be blamed on the original posters unfortunate click bait post. But from how you seemingly interpreted the above to constitute "everything is fine", I assume it wouldn't help for you to watch it either since you seem to disregard what is actually being said/written. But I agree that you may be honest, and instead just ill informed in this case.

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2020, 02:36:46 PM

I haven't watched it, I'm going by the essence ('everything is fine') of what you've put in your post below, as for being dishonest, I'd say I'm very honest, 

'It is quite easy to see where he's coming from. We were playing two of the best teams in the league back to back. In the first game we were the slightly better team for most of the game and had an edge in clear cut chances. In the other game we were quite clearly the better team for about 60 minutes. So if you for one second can manage to take your mind of the actual results in those games we haven't performed that badly, quite the contrary actually. So that's probably what he meant, as I am sure he is also not pleased with the results or with the individual performances in key moments in front of both goals.'

If you haven't watched it, maybe you shouldn't complain about it online? In part that could of course be blamed on the original posters unfortunate click bait post. But from how you seemingly interpreted the above to constitute "everything is fine", I assume it wouldn't help for you to watch it either since you seem to disregard what is actually being said/written. But I agree that you may be honest, and instead just ill informed in this case.

I don't need to watch it, the BBC kindly provides a transcript of his post match interviews. So I'm well aware of what he says. I'm happy with my post, it's pretty clear. If you think they were good performances then your 'ill informed' on what constitutes a good performance.

WindyCity

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on July 01, 2020, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: clarkey on July 01, 2020, 09:56:04 AM
Agree with this. Possession is good for defending and I do like a possession game, but when attacking you should be looking for a fast break if the opportunity arises. We never do this.

We also seriously lack movement in the front three and don't have anyone breaking past the striker from midfield, this limits our attack.

Fast breaks/transition football is not part of the FFC attack, sadly.  I see this because this teams' attack is a one-trick-pony, meaning, just get the ball to Mitro and let him do all the scoring.  Secondly, because Mitro is a turtle out there, we really don't have any up front speed to allow for those transition chances.  I don't think we've had more than one or two goals over the past two seasons on a fast break.  I recall Mitro actually making a great pass and setting Babel free last year for a transition goal, but those types of chances have been, and continue to be, few and far between.  Maybe best not to even expect or look for these scoring chances, as the team is set up with a slow footed number one striker.

rebel

Quote from: WindyCity on July 01, 2020, 04:22:22 PM
Agree with this. Possession is good for defending and I do like a possession game, but when attacking you should be looking for a fast break if the opportunity arises. We never do this.

We also seriously lack movement in the front three and don't have anyone breaking past the striker from midfield, this limits our attack.

Fast breaks/transition football is not part of the FFC attack, sadly.  I see this because this teams' attack is a one-trick-pony, meaning, just get the ball to Mitro and let him do all the scoring.  Secondly, because Mitro is a turtle out there, we really don't have any up front speed to allow for those transition chances.  I don't think we've had more than one or two goals over the past two seasons on a fast break.  I recall Mitro actually making a great pass and setting Babel free last year for a transition goal, but those types of chances have been, and continue to be, few and far between.  Maybe best not to even expect or look for these scoring chances, as the team is set up with a slow footed number one striker.

Agree 100%, he's the 'main man', but I've lost count of the number of times he actually fails to retain the ball and we lose possession. He probably gets marked by 3 / 4 players who converge on him, so it's obvious we should be doing something different, but we carry on doing the same thing. Parker even said in an interview, 'everything goes through Mitro', but he doesn't change it. 

Dodger53

Staggering lack of quality throughout the team, so many poor passes and sometimes we just give the ball away by kicking into open space. We don't look fit and we don't look interested or bothered by any of the above. When Christie is MOM and he was, we have real problems. On a coaching front Christie is a bit of a success because he seems to have been told not to go out wide (because he cannot cross a ball) but to cut inside and shoot. He can't tackle or pass but he has got pace and a good shot.

rebel

Quote from: Dodger53 on July 01, 2020, 05:36:52 PM
Staggering lack of quality throughout the team, so many poor passes and sometimes we just give the ball away by kicking into open space. We don't look fit and we don't look interested or bothered by any of the above. When Christie is MOM and he was, we have real problems. On a coaching front Christie is a bit of a success because he seems to have been told not to go out wide (because he cannot cross a ball) but to cut inside and shoot. He can't tackle or pass but he has got pace and a good shot.

Agree 100%, I was worried when he was 'shooting and missing', but as you say, it looks like a instruction that was executed and paid off. Even the celebrations seemed muted.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on July 01, 2020, 04:04:31 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2020, 02:36:46 PM

I don't need to watch it, the BBC kindly provides a transcript of his post match interviews. So I'm well aware of what he says. I'm happy with my post, it's pretty clear. If you think they were good performances then your 'ill informed' on what constitutes a good performance.

One of your problems is likely that you believe that there is a universal truth about what constitutes a good performance, when in reality it is subjective. If you could just accept that people have different opinions and definitions you wouldn't have to be upset about some post game comments.

WindyCity

Quote from: rebel on July 01, 2020, 05:29:16 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on July 01, 2020, 04:22:22 PM
Agree 100%, he's the 'main man', but I've lost count of the number of times he actually fails to retain the ball and we lose possession. He probably gets marked by 3 / 4 players who converge on him, so it's obvious we should be doing something different, but we carry on doing the same thing. Parker even said in an interview, 'everything goes through Mitro', but he doesn't change it.

Good point.  One would think that Parker might have a plan to address when Mitro is hog-tied by 3-4 players that 'someone' should be open or that would leave others in open positions or areas to provide opportunities.

colinwhite

We played well against Brentford and got sucker punched in the 88 minute,missing many chances with Mitro as guilty as anyone else. We conceded a cheap firts half gola against Leeds and then totally domnating ,getting in some reall y good situations. Poor in both boxes as SP stated but otherwise cant complain about much. A  lot of the categorical stuff written on this site after theses results has been way over the top , entitled and frankly annoying.

Yamus

Out of curiosity,what player has SP improved since he's been the manager