News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Prker thinks the performances in the last 2 games have been pleasing ...

Started by howitis, June 30, 2020, 04:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Sting of the North

It is quite easy to see where he's coming from. We were playing two of the best teams in the league back to back. In the first game we were the slightly better team for most of the game and had an edge in clear cut chances. In the other game we were quite clearly the better team for about 60 minutes. So if you for one second can manage to take your mind of the actual results in those games we haven't performed that badly, quite the contrary actually. So that's probably what he meant, as I am sure he is also not pleased with the results or with the individual performances in key moments in front of both goals.

In my opinion.

Matt10

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 30, 2020, 04:23:57 PM
It is quite easy to see where he's coming from. We were playing two of the best teams in the league back to back. In the first game we were the slightly better team for most of the game and had an edge in clear cut chances. In the other game we were quite clearly the better team for about 60 minutes. So if you for one second can manage to take your mind of the actual results in those games we haven't performed that badly, quite the contrary actually. So that's probably what he meant, as I am sure he is also not pleased with the results or with the individual performances in key moments in front of both goals.

In my opinion.

Your opinion is spot on to me. As a coach, you can't just stay result driven when it comes to sending messages. Win or Loss doesn't mean your performance was good or bad. It's the in-between, and the rest is just football. There's comments about how Parker has no tactical knowledge, yet they we were dominating both Brentford and Leeds - and the only difference was we did not convert our chances. That is the number one issue all season. It's proven by the stats in shot:goals ratio and how many goals our attacking areas have scored.

davew

I suppose he also thought Mitro should get the man of the match award in both games.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ALG01

Quote from: Matt10 on June 30, 2020, 04:39:24 PM

In my opinion.

Your opinion is spot on to me. As a coach, you can't just stay result driven when it comes to sending messages. Win or Loss doesn't mean your performance was good or bad. It's the in-between, and the rest is just football. There's comments about how Parker has no tactical knowledge, yet they we were dominating both Brentford and Leeds - and the only difference was we did not convert our chances. That is the number one issue all season. It's proven by the stats in shot:goals ratio and how many goals our attacking areas have scored.

I also agree. the performances were quite good and we held our own and dominated for long periods. However there is clearly something not right because at this stage we just have to be able to convert good performances into wins and I do think the manager and TK seemed to be over hyping where we were when the lock down kicked in. But parker looked mighty down in the preview interview so who will get him back up off the floor?

filham

The oldest adage in football "Its goals that count". No manager should think his team played well after back to back games without a goal. He should be fully concentrating on how to stop it happening for a third time and come out and say so.

General

In my opinion.

I see what you're saying and do kind of agree - but let's not beat around the bush, our fitness levels have been poorly kept over quarantine and when it came to the mini preseason Brentford had already played Watford and Arsenal before playing us. Dropping the ball in those ways prior to the start of the season could be the difference between us getting automatic and us being in the championship next year - again...

The only positive, although it's a daunting one given how we've only just beaten QPR who are in 14th, is that if we get into the playoffs and are hurting from the defeat to Brentford, we may give more of an account of ourselves and want to do better... that and we have Nottingham Forest, Cardiff and West Brom all to play in our next 4 games, all of whom are in the top 6. So we either do well in those and give the top two something to think about, or we go into the playoffs with a bit of confidence and better levels of fitness and hopefully (although not to be guaranteed) mental sharpness.

snarks

This is the sort of thing that gives journalists a bad name and the OP is doing that with this,  you missed out "in large parts of the games" context is everything. SP is right, but the results haven't been, everyone, including him knows that.

FulhamStu

It's simple and I posted s thread about it after Saturday,  we do not create enough good chances and our finishing is poor.   Couple that with defensively as a team we are no where near good enough and our style of play allow our opponents, excellent chances to score coupled with our ability to make bad errors.

Yes, a lot of our play has been good, sometimes very good, but that does not win you football matches, the above does !

bill taylors apprentice

Nothing wrong with winning ugly sometimes but for a team with ambition we have rarely won well.
This team has unperformed throughout the season and does not inspire confidence.
We seem to be in the hunt for promotion in spite of our poor tactics.

clarkey

Last two posters have got it right. We might look like we are dominating a match, but with the extra possession we actually achieve very little indeed.We have lost the ability to really hurt the opposition.

We have failed to win by two goals over and over again, just the single goal advantage, and have lost to some minnows.There is a fault at the heart of the team, and it is frequently because of the preparation and the fact that we often set up wrongly.The subbing is more important now with 5 subs and again that is a huge weak point for Parker.

Scotty is a good bloke and all that, but inexperienced and not the brightest cookie.We are extremely limited given the ability at the club and we are unbalanced.It really is saying something when our CDM is the player of the match so frequently.Reid is good but seriously man of the match everytime ?

rebel

In my opinion.

Converting chances is a big thing, don't you think? It's the only way to win football matches. So he should be addressing that. It has been an issue all season. We have scored a 'pitiful' number of goals. We have the likes of Cairney, Cav, Knok etc. who have goals and assists in the Championship. Their performances aren't reflecting their abilities. So he can go on about missing chances etc, it's total garbage. 

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on July 01, 2020, 10:30:00 AM

In my opinion.

Converting chances is a big thing, don't you think? It's the only way to win football matches. So he should be addressing that. It has been an issue all season. We have scored a 'pitiful' number of goals. We have the likes of Cairney, Cav, Knok etc. who have goals and assists in the Championship. Their performances aren't reflecting their abilities. So he can go on about missing chances etc, it's total garbage.

No one in this thread has argued that converting chances is not a big thing.

On Parke, would you prefer that Parker just said it was garbage everytime we lost (as many on here do)? Why even discuss this or anything about the games if everything is only determined by the results anyway?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: clarkey on July 01, 2020, 09:56:04 AM
Last two posters have got it right. We might look like we are dominating a match, but with the extra possession we actually achieve very little indeed.We have lost the ability to really hurt the opposition.

We have failed to win by two goals over and over again, just the single goal advantage, and have lost to some minnows.There is a fault at the heart of the team, and it is frequently because of the preparation and the fact that we often set up wrongly.The subbing is more important now with 5 subs and again that is a huge weak point for Parker.

Scotty is a good bloke and all that, but inexperienced and not the brightest cookie.We are extremely limited given the ability at the club and we are unbalanced.It really is saying something when our CDM is the player of the match so frequently.Reid is good but seriously man of the match everytime ?

Agree with this. Possession is good for defending and I do like a possession game, but when attacking you should be looking for a fast break if the opportunity arises. We never do this.

We also seriously lack movement in the front three and don't have anyone breaking past the striker from midfield, this limits our attack.

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2020, 12:30:56 PM

In my opinion.

On Parke, would you prefer that Parker just said it was garbage everytime we lost (as many on here do)? Why even discuss this or anything about the games if everything is only determined by the results anyway?

Well, yes, denying the obvious, saying 'everything is fine', when it clearly isn't. Let's just take corners, still total garbage, what did they do over the 3 months off, learn how to make Moussaka? Because they have done nothing to improve the basics. They can't even 'nail' the basics.   

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on July 01, 2020, 01:33:57 PM

In my opinion.

Well, yes, denying the obvious, saying 'everything is fine', when it clearly isn't. Let's just take corners, still total garbage, what did they do over the 3 months off, learn how to make Moussaka? Because they have done nothing to improve the basics. They can't even 'nail' the basics.

He never said "everything is fine". So either you should probably rewatch him (if you actually think he said that), or stop being dishonest.

RaySmith

In my opinion.

Maybe I'm wrong, but i thought we created more goal scoring chances in the two games we lost since  the return than the one we won.

Yesterday we just  had that bit of luck, rub of the green, you need, whereas we don't seem to have had any in the previous games, while our opponents have-

Brentford scoring two minutes before full-time, in what had seemed a pretty even contest, bound for stalemate, and we should have had a clear pen v Leeds, as well as outplaying them for most of the first half, and creating a number of chances, after  conceding a typical sucker punch of a goal, as we did early  in the game yesterday too.

Well done to the team for battling their way back into the game, even if it wasn't always pretty.

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2020, 01:50:15 PM
Quote from: rebel on July 01, 2020, 01:33:57 PM

In my opinion.

He never said "everything is fine". So either you should probably rewatch him (if you actually think he said that), or stop being dishonest.

I haven't watched it, I'm going by the essence ('everything is fine') of what you've put in your post below, as for being dishonest, I'd say I'm very honest, 

'It is quite easy to see where he's coming from. We were playing two of the best teams in the league back to back. In the first game we were the slightly better team for most of the game and had an edge in clear cut chances. In the other game we were quite clearly the better team for about 60 minutes. So if you for one second can manage to take your mind of the actual results in those games we haven't performed that badly, quite the contrary actually. So that's probably what he meant, as I am sure he is also not pleased with the results or with the individual performances in key moments in front of both goals.'