watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And now for something completely different

Started by Brawn, July 04, 2020, 08:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

This has to be the single weirdest dream I've ever had. And luckily for you 'orrible lot, it involves Fulham. 049:gif

The first game back at Craven Cottage with a (limited) crowd, against Norwich. The Riverside Stand has just been completed but it's extremely underwhelming. The upper tier overhang goes all the way to the front so it looks rather soulless and bland. And there's no roof. Because it doesn't fit in, they've taken the roof off the Putney End as well. Not sure why, but OK. The worst thing is that the middle block of the Riverside Stand has been replaced with an idiot board showing the league table as it currently stands. And it's really quite distracting.

Soon Fulham go a goal down and then suddenly it becomes 2-0 with a tap-in as the players get distracted by the league table board changing. Fulham then equalise, first with a Cyrus Christie cross finding Joe Bryan sliding in at the far post and then Anthony Knockaert finally getting his shooting boots on. However, Steven Taylor then scores 4 goals in quick succession to go into half time with the score Norwich 6-2 Fulham.

The fans, for some reason, are let on to the pitch at half time. Before the players have even gone off. And my dad, showing a few work passes, is able to tail Scott Parker down the tunnel (most of the fans have also gone that way but then turned left because it's a quicker route to the bar) and my dad and I see that Scott Parker is crying. I wonder if he's about to be sacked, or whether he has been, or something like that, but the team doctor said he's going to be tested for COVID-19 as teary eyes is a symptom of it. As well as nausea, but that's put down to the current scoreline. Scott is frogmarched out of the ground by the doctor and that's possibly an end of that.

I turn left and try and disseminate the information to as many people as possible including posting it through all the social medias. But no one believes Scott won't be there in the second half. Dejectedly I decide to get a very large cocktail of something that looks like orange as the shot and lemon and ice as the mixer. After the chummy banter with some of my cricket team from University (no idea what they're doing here) I make my way out to the second half. Mark Pembridge is standing in for Scott Parker and looks clueless. Most of the fans suddenly realise Scott isn't there and we lose 8-2, two more goals for Norwich in the second half before they're content with a 6-goal lead and don't threaten for the rest of the game.

filham

With a limited crowd at the Cottage this is clearly a look forward to next season.
Was it a Premier league or Championship match.
Think carefully , the answer is important to both Fulham and Norwich fans.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Brawn on July 04, 2020, 08:54:33 AM
This has to be the single weirdest dream I've ever had. And luckily for you 'orrible lot, it involves Fulham. 049:gif

The first game back at Craven Cottage with a (limited) crowd, against Norwich. The Riverside Stand has just been completed but it's extremely underwhelming. The upper tier overhang goes all the way to the front so it looks rather soulless and bland. And there's no roof. Because it doesn't fit in, they've taken the roof off the Putney End as well. Not sure why, but OK. The worst thing is that the middle block of the Riverside Stand has been replaced with an idiot board showing the league table as it currently stands. And it's really quite distracting.

Soon Fulham go a goal down and then suddenly it becomes 2-0 with a tap-in as the players get distracted by the league table board changing. Fulham then equalise, first with a Cyrus Christie cross finding Joe Bryan sliding in at the far post and then Anthony Knockaert finally getting his shooting boots on. However, Steven Taylor then scores 4 goals in quick succession to go into half time with the score Norwich 6-2 Fulham.

The fans, for some reason, are let on to the pitch at half time. Before the players have even gone off. And my dad, showing a few work passes, is able to tail Scott Parker down the tunnel (most of the fans have also gone that way but then turned left because it's a quicker route to the bar) and my dad and I see that Scott Parker is crying. I wonder if he's about to be sacked, or whether he has been, or something like that, but the team doctor said he's going to be tested for COVID-19 as teary eyes is a symptom of it. As well as nausea, but that's put down to the current scoreline. Scott is frogmarched out of the ground by the doctor and that's possibly an end of that.

I turn left and try and disseminate the information to as many people as possible including posting it through all the social medias. But no one believes Scott won't be there in the second half. Dejectedly I decide to get a very large cocktail of something that looks like orange as the shot and lemon and ice as the mixer. After the chummy banter with some of my cricket team from University (no idea what they're doing here) I make my way out to the second half. Mark Pembridge is standing in for Scott Parker and looks clueless. Most of the fans suddenly realise Scott isn't there and we lose 8-2, two more goals for Norwich in the second half before they're content with a 6-goal lead and don't threaten for the rest of the game.

and then you woke up, and realise the sun is shinning and you note the result on the teleprinter on Sky confirming a Championship scoreline of Fulham 8 Birmingham City 2, Happy Days. ⚽️👍
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

I had a terrible nightmare last night that I went beserk in a Marshmallow Factory,when I woke I'd eaten half the pillow.😁