watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream

Started by ByTheRiver, June 30, 2020, 06:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Ream has been really badly effected by the lockdown, don't know why, maybe his age but he is now on the decline and should not be starting, what a shame we lost Kongolo.  I would play 3-5-2 with
Odoi and MLM either side of Hector and Bryan and Christie as wing backs,  3 in midfield, say Reed, Arter and Cairney and 2 upfront, say Cav and BDR.  If Ream is still considered better then MLM then I would play the same way and start working now on replacing both Ream and MLM for next season.

rebel

That's what a 'managers, manager' does, stick by players even though their present form is well below par. Ream's confidence seems low. He's having to think about what to do. This is similar to before he became a 'hero'.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: rebel on July 01, 2020, 10:53:11 AM
That's what a 'managers, manager' does, stick by players even though their present form is well below par. Ream's confidence seems low. He's having to think about what to do. This is similar to before he became a 'hero'.

For two years?

grandad

Ream can´t play 2 games in a week. His recovery seems to take all week. His legs have gone. He tries hard but he is now not quick enough to react.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Arthur

Ream's confidence seems low.

You may be right.

And yet I thought it was to his credit that he didn't seem to let the bad start affect him. He played okay from the second-minute onwards. I may be wrong, but my impression is that he won pretty much every aerial duel he contested thereafter. And I don't know of an opposition centre-back in this league who takes responsibility for passing the ball out of defence along the ground as consistently as Ream. Yesterday was no different. In typically undemonstrative fashion, he showed character.

sunburywhite

You all have to be joking about MLM

He was roasted more on here than the Christmas turkey that my sister burnt to a cinder because she is a vegetarian and doesn't know how to cook meat
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Twig

Lol, don't miss an opportunity to have a dig at Parker will you.

Twig

To those advocating a return of MLM, you must have short memories is all I can say.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Twig on July 01, 2020, 09:38:28 PM
To those advocating a return of MLM, you must have short memories is all I can say.

I am a big fan of Ream, but don't think it would be a bad idea if MLM replaces for a game so that he remains fresh/more rested till the end of the season.

filham

A long time since MLM has played, if he starts be sure there is cover for him on the bench.

Asotosyios

Quote from: filham on July 01, 2020, 10:03:59 PM
A long time since MLM has played, if he starts be sure there is cover for him on the bench.

MLM can start against Birmingham with Ream on the bench. If MLM cannot last the whole 90 minutes, surely Ream can replace him for the last 20-30 minutes.

Twig

Do we not have some young talent that could potentially step up to central defence?  We hear a lot about the attacking talent emerging from our youth ranks but less about defenders.

I only ask because if MLM is our only alternative to Ream then we are threadbare.

bobbo

I'm so loathed to knock. But he does make more mistakes than he used to.
His or maybe Parker insistence of playing the ball out form the back is a disaste
waiting to happen. I think Tim wants to go back to the US and see out his career
so Fulham should let him do so. He was magnificent in our promotion season.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JakeH

Has to be dropped for Birmingham!

The Rational Fan

What games has MLM played poorly at his preferred position of centre-back apart from ManUtd, Barnsley and Southampton? I would say Ream has played equally poorly in the last three games against weaker attacks.

Matt10

Literally other than the goal we conceded, Ream didn't miss out on any tackles or aerial battles the rest of the way. After Odoi made the terrible crossfield ball, he didn't do it again and he had one of the best defensive performances on that left hand side. Christie made a bad touch that allowed them to cross the ball into Hugill, but since then he didn't make any other poor touches - and actually pressed forward both centrally and on overlaps.

If we keep judging our players based strictly on what they're doing when we score or concede, we'll run out of players to replace them with. Parker stuck with them, and it paid off as each made crucial plays throughout the pitch.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Matt10 on July 02, 2020, 02:19:49 AM
Literally other than the goal we conceded, Ream didn't miss out on any tackles or aerial battles the rest of the way. After Odoi made the terrible crossfield ball, he didn't do it again and he had one of the best defensive performances on that left hand side. Christie made a bad touch that allowed them to cross the ball into Hugill, but since then he didn't make any other poor touches - and actually pressed forward both centrally and on overlaps.

If we keep judging our players based strictly on what they're doing when we score or concede, we'll run out of players to replace them with. Parker stuck with them, and it paid off as each made crucial plays throughout the pitch.

Finally some God Damn common sense.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rational Fan

Quote from: OhConnah on July 02, 2020, 02:46:35 AM

You are correct, but we also wrote MLM with a couple of mistakes. Now, we have 9 games in a month and many are scared to bench Ream for probably the least difficult game left of the nine games.

MLM must play now, or accept that our CB backup for the playoffs has never played with Hector. This means we probably won't want to sub Ream in a playoff final with extra time after 100 mins even though we have 5 subs.

Matt10

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 02, 2020, 03:24:46 AM
Quote from: OhConnah on July 02, 2020, 02:46:35 AM

You are correct, but we also wrote MLM with a couple of mistakes. Now, we have 9 games in a month and many are scared to bench Ream for probably the least difficult game left of the nine games.

MLM must play now, or accept that our CB backup for the playoffs has never played with Hector. This means we probably won't want to sub Ream in a playoff final with extra time after 100 mins even though we have 5 subs.

I agree with that, absolutely. I think it's important to consider what will be needed in this "tournament". MLM starting over Ream would be a good move for the sake of depth and developing that connection with not only Hector, but also the midfielders. That's something that cannot be underestimated: Ream's ability to pass the ball. This is why I may lean towards Parker sticking with Ream and Hector from that aspect.

It's a tough call overall. I'm indifferent at this time to "Ream v MLM" as I don't think it's that theme at all. It just hasn't been seen yet what Hector-MLM would look like yet, because it's never been done :) .

rebel

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 01, 2020, 08:59:46 PM
You all have to be joking about MLM

He was roasted more on here than the Christmas turkey that my sister burnt to a cinder because she is a vegetarian and doesn't know how to cook meat

Good for your sister, meat production can't keep up with population growth. If you want protein, you'll need to eat stuff like crickets, locust etc. Just think about it, stuffed locust for Christmas Dinner.