watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well it’s 3 points

Started by fulhamben, June 30, 2020, 08:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

So I suppose it's a good win. Fantastic goal from Christie, and some shocking goalkeeping (thankfully) for our first. We still look shakey at the back, and were restricted to long shots for the whole game, but we won. And I've now seen a team play with 6 defenders and 3 dms for the first time ever. Need to improve a lot more for Birmingham imo, especially up front where our front 3 failed to have a major impact again.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SP

Yep, take the three points & move on to the next match.

RaySmith

Well done Scott and the lads - gutsy performance, great goals and result, especially with Mitro out.
Come On You Whites!
:wine:
049:gif

SP

Quote from: RaySmith on June 30, 2020, 08:41:19 PM
Well done Scott and the lads - gutsy performance, great goals and result, especially with Mitro out.
Come On You Whites!
:wine:
049:gif

With a little help from their keeper!

Finnans Right Peg

Delighted for Christie he has his critics but thought he was our best outlet going forward and always puts in a shift great attitude

Woolly Mammoth

It's three more points and an away victory, dissecting games and every detail far too much will only send complainants to an early grave. Let us savour the victory.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WokingFFC

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 30, 2020, 09:32:20 PM
Delighted for Christie he has his critics but thought he was our best outlet going forward and always puts in a shift great attitude

Could not agree more, always tries & 100% committed. He deserved his chance to start and took it with both hands - cracking goal was icing on the cake

Andy S

I think the goal was a good one. The hardest shots to save at the ones the hit the ground around the keeper as you have no idea where the bounce will take the ball

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on June 30, 2020, 10:33:14 PM
I think the goal was a good one. The hardest shots to save at the ones the hit the ground around the keeper as you have no idea where the bounce will take the ball
which one Arters? If so the keeper new exactly where it was going and got a full hand to it. You'd expect a keeper to push that round the post every time
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Yes , I thought their keeper could have done better with both goals.
Christie has to be the 1st name on the team sheet on Saturday, he was our best attacking player last night and at the moment the only player showing signs of pace.

Woolly Mammoth

So there were a number of pluses in last nights match which has to
be encouraging.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

flyingfish

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 01, 2020, 01:00:24 PM
be encouraging.

You wouldn't know it from reading most of the posts on here.

We Are Premier League

for me - first half against Leeds and little Brentford was better than yesterdays performance...

WindyCity

"Well it's 3 points"

True that.  Rather unremarkable game.  Good for FFC to take the points.  BUT, still a very unimpressive effort.  Nice that After scored the equalizer (maybe a little help with poor goalkeeping?) but I still don't know why he gets play time.  He's useless out there, for the most part.  Happy to see Christie score a cracker, I know he catches a lot of stick in this forum but I've always liked him.  I've liked both him and Kamara when it wasn't popular on this board, but those two, right now anyway, are favored players.  And what is the problem with Hector??!!??  He has been looking just terrible out there.  Thankfully QPR shot an absolute sitter over the crossbar largely due to poor Hector play, or the result may have been much different.  Hector needs to get his pre-Covid act together!

Sometimes I think the club does better sans Mitro.  With Mitro the attack seems sluggish, slow.  When he's not on the pitch, the team seems to play quicker and attacks forward much better.  Just an observation, maybe right or wrong?

FFC still not playing at a high level since the restart.  This team needs to wake up and soon.  They may back in to the playoffs, but playing at this level a promotion seems unlikely.

YankeeJim

Certainly happy for the three points but if our attack is going to be dependent on 25 yard goals from defensive mids and fullbacks, we are in dire straights.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Bill2

A win and not bad performance, but still no goal from inside the penalty box. All of our attempts seem to have come from long range shots over the last few matches. Need to get players in the box and then get the ball into them.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: flyingfish on July 01, 2020, 01:28:06 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 01, 2020, 01:00:24 PM
be encouraging.

You wouldn't know it from reading most of the posts on here.

It's all rather strange is'nt it. An away win with plenty of first team squad absentees and at our nearest neighbours to boot. Take some solace in the goal celebrations. It was posted on here last night that there were none and we played like strangers, again all Parker's fault, but it did'nt look like that on the highlights and a stats check on the tactics proved positive. We have not imploded yet like Bristol or Blackburn and we still have a big say in what happens next.

alfie

To be honest I am just a little fed up with all the negative posts, slagging Parker off slagging the players off, no plan A, no plan B, etc
We got a win surely that what we wanted, ok so maybe it wasn't pretty, or tactically genius movements
If and I do say if it might give a little bit of confidence.

Well this is just me, if you don't agree then that's fair enough.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ScalleysDad

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2020, 07:47:26 PM
To be honest I am just a little fed up with all the negative posts, slagging Parker off slagging the players off, no plan A, no plan B, etc
We got a win surely that what we wanted, ok so maybe it wasn't pretty, or tactically genius movements

I do not think you are in a team of one. I know a couple of fans down these parts and we were expecting a two to three year rebuild especially after Khan Snr said "whatever it takes". Some of the doubts about our illustrious squad voiced way back in September are, alas, coming true. I have a number of neighbours supporting various teams, including a HaHa, and they are usually in it for the long haul although the West Ham guy might be on the brink.

Statto

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2020, 07:47:26 PM

Personally I think we've massively underachieved this season so generally I do sympathise with the negativity.
What annoys is me is some people just want to use every game as a platform to moan, ignoring the performance or result.

The fact is we could beat Brum 5-0 on Saturday, but we'll still probably be 4th or 5th which is poor. So even after a result like that, some would come on here and regurgitate the same moans we've been hearing since August, saying we should be top, Parker is a poor manager etc.
And that's all quite true IMO but I prefer to acknowledge a good performance or good result when I see one.

Brentford was a good performance. First half against Leeds was a good performance. QPR was a good result...