more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well it’s 3 points

Started by fulhamben, June 30, 2020, 08:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2020, 07:47:26 PM
To be honest I am just a little fed up with all the negative posts, slagging Parker off slagging the players off, no plan A, no plan B, etc
We got a win surely that what we wanted, ok so maybe it wasn't pretty, or tactically genius movements
If and I do say if it might give a little bit of confidence.  Well this is just me, if you don't agree then that's fair enough.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion around here, but I have to agree with those that see constructive criticism warranted in this case.  I think FFC has underperformed and been an entirely inconsistent club this season.  The bet line had FFC top two when season started.  Many in this forum felt, and remarkably still do, that FFC has and is the best team in this league, on paper, of course.  And as we all know, on paper doesn't count for much.  I think the players can be slagged for poor shows, inabilities to finish, and in some cases seemingly uncaring/uninterested performances.  And I think the coach can be held to review also, with some of his lineups, his substitutions, and his overall plan of attack which puts forth enormous possession time advantage but very little in the way of converting that possession into real scoring opportunities. 

The funny thing is that FFC is still a pretty good club and can be in the promotion conversation.  However, if FFC doesn't go up this season, then I see several more years of being in the Champ what with top players we have leaving and some sort of rebuild that will need to take place.  This team needs to find a way to right the ship NOW, or FFC will find themselves swimming in the Champ for a period of time.

WindyCity

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 01, 2020, 06:32:26 PM
Certainly happy for the three points but if our attack is going to be dependent on 25 yard goals from defensive mids and fullbacks, we are in dire straights.

Meh......I'll take two 25 yarders and a win over one Mitro header in the box and a loss or draw.

alfie

Quote from: WindyCity on July 02, 2020, 03:35:06 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2020, 07:47:26 PM
To be honest I am just a little fed up with all the negative posts, slagging Parker off slagging the players off, no plan A, no plan B, etc
We got a win surely that what we wanted, ok so maybe it wasn't pretty, or tactically genius movements
If and I do say if it might give a little bit of confidence.  Well this is just me, if you don't agree then that's fair enough.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion around here, but I have to agree with those that see constructive criticism warranted in this case.  I think FFC has underperformed and been an entirely inconsistent club this season.  The bet line had FFC top two when season started.  Many in this forum felt, and remarkably still do, that FFC has and is the best team in this league, on paper, of course.  And as we all know, on paper doesn't count for much.  I think the players can be slagged for poor shows, inabilities to finish, and in some cases seemingly uncaring/uninterested performances.  And I think the coach can be held to review also, with some of his lineups, his substitutions, and his overall plan of attack which puts forth enormous possession time advantage but very little in the way of converting that possession into real scoring opportunities. 

The funny thing is that FFC is still a pretty good club and can be in the promotion conversation.  However, if FFC doesn't go up this season, then I see several more years of being in the Champ what with top players we have leaving and some sort of rebuild that will need to take place.  This team needs to find a way to right the ship NOW, or FFC will find themselves swimming in the Champ for a period of time.
Think I should clarify that I was not objecting to constructive criticism, it's the nasty stuff I object to.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

YankeeJim

Quote from: WindyCity on July 02, 2020, 03:47:11 PM
Certainly happy for the three points but if our attack is going to be dependent on 25 yard goals from defensive mids and fullbacks, we are in dire straights.

Meh......I'll take two 25 yarders and a win over one Mitro header in the box and a loss or draw.

That wasn't my point. I'll take 1 nil on an own goal anytime. Low percentage goals are not the route to success. Knockers shoots from that distance quite often and none of them have gone in. If we have to rely on that type of shot to win...we simply will not win very often.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

WindyCity

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 02, 2020, 06:43:19 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on July 02, 2020, 03:47:11 PM

That wasn't my point. I'll take 1 nil on an own goal anytime. Low percentage goals are not the route to success. Knockers shoots from that distance quite often and none of them have gone in. If we have to rely on that type of shot to win...we simply will not win very often.

Well, upon reflection, maybe, just maybe, that should be the point.  Most of FFCs' goals are scored close in, usually by Mitro.  We need more goals from distance.  Actually, that has always bothered me that this club oft times gives up on a shot from 20-25 yards just so they can stay 'on plan', ie...get the ball in to Mitro.  There are many goals scored from distance on any given Saturday or Sunday in the Champ and the Prem.  I would like to see much more of this sort of scoring from FFC as the season moves forward.