watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Automatic Promotion still up for grabs

Started by VamosFFC, June 30, 2020, 10:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VamosFFC

I still don't think automatic promotion is out of our reach. It's certainly going to be tough, but if we win our remaining games, that's 18 points. I can definitely see Leeds and West Brom dropping points. Brentford look to be the inform team right now and look set to take one of the automatic promotion spots. However, I think the other spot will be between Fulham, Leeds, and West Brom.

Yes, I agree we aren't playing our best football at the moment, but we've shown periods of attractive football in all three matches back. It's going to be a tight finish, I think.

andyk

I love this. Absolutely, we can still get automatic promotion. 
Admittedly, I have worked 14 days straight and tomorrow is my first day off in a fortnight, so I've had a few, but yeh we can still go  straight up. Just believe.

Sgt Fulham

We just scraped through our easiest game until the end of the season. It is entirely possible, but we're not playing like a team that can go the rest of the season flawless. I would be surprised if we won half of them.

The Rational Fan

Only problem is whenever we think auto-promotion is back on we lose badly.

fulhamben

We need to win every game, hope Brentford and brom slip up and lose another each. Just can't see us winning them all and Brentford losing a game.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

VamosFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on July 01, 2020, 12:28:07 AM
We need to win every game, hope Brentford and brom slip up and lose another each. Just can't see us winning them all and Brentford losing a game.
We really do need Brentford to slip up and West Brom to lose their next match or two. If we win, we're still in the race. We would leapfrog Brentford and be close West Brom. There's definitely still a lot to play for.

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

I don't think we will win them all, but would be very surprised if Brentford doesn't drop points. It must be extremely rare that a team wins 9 straight games in the Championship (or any other leage).

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2020, 07:30:18 AM

I don't think we will win them all, but would be very surprised if Brentford doesn't drop points. It must be extremely rare that a team wins 9 straight games in the Championship (or any other leage).
well we did it under tig. And forget the amount of games, just look at their fixtures. I don't see anyone being a real threat to them.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on July 01, 2020, 07:40:34 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2020, 07:30:18 AM

well we did it under tig. And forget the amount of games, just look at their fixtures. I don't see anyone being a real threat to them.

I didn't say that it never happened. Also think that even if Brentford is good, they are nothing compared to Tigana's team, especially considering how much improved the Championship is overall. Also don't think that you can know what an easy game is at this stage of the season. Leeds lost to Cardiff and Luton but beat Fulham, as a good recent example. In any case, don't think it matters too much, because we don't look like we will win enough games to finish top 2, but it is far from impossible.

PaulJ123

No chance - we could barely beat a poor QPR side.

Think it'll be a 5th placed finish and Forest in the playoffs.

SuffolkWhite

We are too inconsistent to win enough games to go up automatically but Play Offs for sure. But you never know as football is a funny old game.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FulhamStu

We need our players to suddenly click into a more cohesive team and we need Ream to go up a couple of gears.  Can't see it myself.

Southdowns White

Based on our performances pre the break and now the last three games, there is very little to suggest we can go up automatically, indeed why we would even wish for us to go up, we struggled to beat QPR, who's own supporters are in despair with their recent football, unless major investment (and we know how well we've done with that recently) next season would be a nightmare. 

colinwhite

All if,buts and maybes,but everyone can still slip up,maybe we have had our blip. Leeds just drew with Luton.

rebel

It is possible, the win will give the players some momentum, but they need to 'turn up and be relentless'. They are in a fight, 'half hearted' performances and it will be over for the 'automatics'.

As I've said, it's an 'average Championship' this season. You can tell by the results being thrown up every week.   

joef

Can't see it myself.

We were clinging on last night against the team 15th in the league and we had 6 defenders on the pitch.

Against Leeds and Brentford I agree we had moments but, and this really is the point, we lost both by convincing scorelines. We are not clinical this season. These are the games that win you Championships or playoffs. Big games come with big moments and this season we have seen repeatedly a team unable to grasp those moments.

The fight and never say die spirit that seemed to encapsulate Parker as a player hasn't manifested in his team, and that is sorely missing when we compare ourself with the other promotion candidates.

filham

Quote from: davew on July 01, 2020, 07:37:14 AM
Quote from: Only Me on June 30, 2020, 11:53:51 PM
No Chance
+1
Let us be honest, we could easily have lost last night, west Bro., Forrest and Cardiff are not going to miss chances like QPR missed last night.
Sorry , no chance of automatic promotion and can't see us winning against Brentford or Forrest in the play offs.