watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Automatic Promotion still up for grabs

Started by VamosFFC, June 30, 2020, 10:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

If Sheffield Wed beat WBA tonight we are still in with a chance. Never give up hope.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wolf

Best odds top 2 finish

Leeds 1/16
West Brom 1/3
Brentford 2/1
Fulham 25/1

Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Baszab

I can see Brentford winning every game in their run-in

fulhamben

Quote from: Baszab on July 01, 2020, 11:23:43 AM
yep said the same
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on July 01, 2020, 10:18:01 AM
It is possible, the win will give the players some momentum, but they need to 'turn up and be relentless'. They are in a fight, 'half hearted' performances and it will be over for the 'automatics'.

As I've said, it's an 'average Championship' this season. You can tell by the results being thrown up every week.

Several posters keep claiming that this is a poor (or average) Championship season because lower placed teams regularly beat better placed teams. As far as I can recall, none of those posters so far has however managed to produce a single logical argument for why such results have to indicate a lower overall standard. In my opinion.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on July 01, 2020, 10:47:03 AM
Quote from: davew on July 01, 2020, 07:37:14 AM
Quote from: Only Me on June 30, 2020, 11:53:51 PM
No Chance
+1
Let us be honest, we could easily have lost last night, west Bro., Forrest and Cardiff are not going to miss chances like QPR missed last night.
Sorry , no chance of automatic promotion and can't see us winning against Brentford or Forrest in the play offs.

Yes, I agree that we could have easily lost. By far our worst performance after the break in my opinion. But maybe we should then be honest in both directions and acknowledge that we could easily have won against both Brentford and Leeds. Or does this only work against Fulham?

Neil D

Quote from: Baszab on July 01, 2020, 11:23:43 AM
Let's hope so - I wouldn't relish them in the play-off final.

Twig

Of course there is a chance, albeit a slim one. 

However take a look at the GD table, it tells a depressing story.  We are not even close to those clubs competing for the top 2 slots.  Sorry, we just don't score enough goals and that will deny us a top two promotion slot.